PDA

View Full Version : Will Kwan be named to the US Figure Skating Hall of Fame this year?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Cheylana
09-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure why it matters. It's not as if Kwan has been active in the skating scene in 5 years.
But Average Joe doesn't know that. When I was on my way to Spokane in 2007, someone at the airport asked me if Nancy Kerrigan would be competing. :rofl: But anyway, it was just a thought.

Sparks
09-03-2011, 03:22 AM
You posted this in response to my last post; I don't understand what you mean. I certainly wasn't praising myself; to me, it's pretty clear that I wasn't even talking about myself.
Referring to Tara and Sarah, perhaps?

kwanette
09-03-2011, 11:37 AM
You posted this in response to my last post; I don't understand what you mean. I certainly wasn't praising myself; to me, it's pretty clear that I wasn't even talking about myself.

Read post # 92.

skateboy
09-03-2011, 09:31 PM
much more than Sarah or Tara, Michelle has moved on to a new phase of her life.

:confused: Huh? Sarah has definitely moved on to a new phase of her life.

euterpe
09-03-2011, 09:52 PM
:confused: Huh? Sarah has definitely moved on to a new phase of her life.

Tara shelved her moribund acting career to do skating commentary. Michelle has a BA and MA and has had diplomat assignments with the last two US administrations. Sarah graduated from Yale several years ago, but what has she done since then?

skateboy
09-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Tara shelved her moribund acting career to do skating commentary. Michelle has a BA and MA and has had diplomat assignments with the last two US administrations. Sarah graduated from Yale several years ago, but what has she done since then?

Yes, I assumed that the other poster was talking about skating. Tara is into skating commentary, even Michelle still does a bit of skating from time to time. I don't know what Sarah is doing these days, but she seems as far removed from FS as one can get.

Sparks
09-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Well, Sarah is invited to some shows this upcoming season. Does she have another job?

euterpe
09-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Well, Sarah is invited to some shows this upcoming season. Does she have another job?

Apparently not.

AJ Skatefan
09-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Sarah is listed for two Disson shows; Fashion on Ice and Beatles on Ice. I'm looking forward to seeing her back on the ice. I hope she's gotten some of her jumps back.

kwanette
09-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Sarah is writing a book.

kwanette
09-08-2011, 12:12 AM
ON Face Book, USFSA just opened up the nomination process.

ryanbfan
09-08-2011, 12:34 AM
ON Face Book, USFSA just opened up the nomination process.

Just retweeted the link on twitter myself.

ETA: In regards to moving on, in Tara's case I find it weird that she basically shunned the skating world for so long and then all the sudden jumps in and is like so I'm going to do commentary, and shows, etc. I think there was a FAQ or an article posted on Tara's official website a few years ago, before she decided to become skating relevant again, and it said that she didn't like being asked about her time with SOI or skating. I just found the whole situation odd.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-08-2011, 06:31 AM
I think Tara simply grew up and came to terms with whatever experiences she had with SOI and skating. With that closure she can welcome skating in her life again and not feel negatively about it.

ETA:

I tried officially nominating Michelle Kwan, but the form requires I know all her personal info (home address, phone number, email, etc.). I mean I'm one of her biggest fans, but I shouldn't know that information. I guess the form is there to separate people who are simply fans from those who are actually a part of the USFS.

Anyway, I found a link that had her "public" contact info. Maybe I should just use that. http://www.fanmail.biz/52373.html

query5
09-08-2011, 06:33 PM
i put my own address for michelle address and phone number and email.
i don't expect the usoc expect the fans to know michelles address.
i thnk you can put your own in for hers as well.

UGG
09-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Just retweeted the link on twitter myself.

ETA: In regards to moving on, in Tara's case I find it weird that she basically shunned the skating world for so long and then all the sudden jumps in and is like so I'm going to do commentary, and shows, etc. I think there was a FAQ or an article posted on Tara's official website a few years ago, before she decided to become skating relevant again, and it said that she didn't like being asked about her time with SOI or skating. I just found the whole situation odd.

It's not really that odd. She had no success with acting so she went back to what she could fall back on-skating.