PDA

View Full Version : In Argentina, A TV Bank Commercial Promotes LGBT Acceptance

Rex
08-07-2011, 12:57 AM
They just showed this on GAY USA, a LGBT news show on public television...

Bank Commercial featuring transgender character... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbgmKLmWAdU)

Think you'll see something like this in your country?

Truly a step in the right direction. Discuss.

D&Sfan4ever
08-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Just when I think my country is beyond repair, something happends that makes me believe again :)

Btw, that bank is the second largest one in the country, it belongs to the Buenos Aires province, so this publicity is broadcasted nation wide (I think).

Rex
08-07-2011, 01:42 AM
I think it's amazing.

Tinami Amori
08-07-2011, 04:56 AM
This is an excellent commercial.
(the rest is edited out).

michiruwater
08-07-2011, 05:29 AM
I suspect that if an American company created a commercial based on “Brokeback Mountain" using Keith Leger, it would probably be easier accepted.

His name was Heath Ledger, and he died 3 1/2 years ago.

IceAlisa
08-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Yay, Argentina!

D&Sfan4ever
08-07-2011, 07:37 AM
(...).
The actress in this commercial is a famous major international awards winning Argentine actress, Norma Alejandro, known outside of Argentina for her roles in the American version of “Cousin, Cousine” and “Official Story”, and several other films.
(...)

What? Norma Aleandro does not act in that commercial, she didn't have anything to do with it.
That or we saw 2 different commercials.

Tinami Amori
08-07-2011, 08:34 AM
What? Norma Aleandro does not act in that commercial, she didn't have anything to do with it.
That or we saw 2 different commercials.

It looks like Norma Aleandro, I was quite certain. But since you're from Argentina, you must know. (my post is fixed now).

D&Sfan4ever
08-10-2011, 02:27 AM
It looks like Norma Aleandro, I was quite certain. But since you're from Argentina, you must know. (my post is fixed now).

Oh, it's ok, I was just surprised.
She would have been trilled to participate in it, I'm sure, but it's not her, just a random bunch of actors.