PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40

IceAlisa
07-13-2012, 05:23 AM
PDilemma, Kruss' advice worked really well for me. Once I tried it, the gnomes flew. Just make sure the gnomes face the hedge when you let go.

IceAlisa
07-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Here are the objects I collected from the CoS chapters available so far:

Ch.1
The Magic Word

Flowers from the flower pot
Honey from the kitchen

Enormous Green Eyes

Garden shears
A plant, but forgot which

Nothing in Ch.2 (what am I missing)

Nothing in Ch.3, Dobby the House elf

Harry's escape

A whole bunch of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor beans scattered all over the room

Nothing in the Episode The Weasleys. or the Gnome one.

Chapter 4

Letters from school
The shopping list

Floo powder
Floo powder
Fire tongs
A few books

Borgin and Burkes

5 galleons out of the cash register--felt really weird like stealing :bribe: for real.
mask off the wall

Lucius Malfoy

Dried nettles
A couple of books

mkats
07-13-2012, 05:45 AM
I can't pick up the mask; I can get to the "hooray you found a mask!" but it won't let me click on "collect".

The site on a whole is running extremely slowly right now. I'll have to wait until I can get back to the US and play on a reliable internet connection :drama:

Amy L
07-13-2012, 05:46 AM
IceAlisa, The Pottermore Guide (http://ppottermoreguide.tumblr.com/tagged/book-2/) has been updated. That has a full list of collectables.

IceAlisa
07-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Thanks, AmyL! :) I was missing: rose thorns, horklump juice and hairpin. I actually forgot to mention all the other items I collected. :duh:

So I went book shopping and only got Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 but am not feeling all these expensive Gilderoy Lockhart books. :shuffle:

PDilemma
07-14-2012, 12:09 AM
PDilemma, Kruss' advice worked really well for me. Once I tried it, the gnomes flew. Just make sure the gnomes face the hedge when you let go.

Finally got them!! I am absurdly excited by this! :lol:

IceAlisa
07-14-2012, 12:12 AM
I know, right? :lol:

Kruss
07-14-2012, 12:58 AM
PDilemma and IceAlisa, so glad it worked for you. :)

PDilemma
07-14-2012, 04:15 PM
PDilemma and IceAlisa, so glad it worked for you. :)

Thank you for the hints. I never would have got past that in my life without it! Quite unskilled at things like that.

IceAlisa
07-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Me too, if it weren't for Kruss, I'd still be trying to throw gnomes and :wall:. Thanks again! :)

Any word when Ch. 5 will be available? I can't wait to brew new potions, provided book 2 gives us potions to brew--I think Polyjuice is definitely warranted. I just hope it doesn't take a whole actual month to brew it.

Matryeshka
07-15-2012, 05:58 AM
As is probably shocking to NO ONE, I am a proud Slytherin. Sssssssssssss.

I'm a horrible Slytherin; I can't make the cure for boils. :wuzrobbed Course, I am a Slytherin, so I should be more about the giving of curses than taking them away. :drama: I need help from some goody two-shoes Hufflepuff.

I'm AccioDawn28899 My wand is a Dogwood with a Phoenix Feather and "surprisingly swishy." Why, yes, I did giggle like a seventh grade boy.

Matryeshka
07-17-2012, 05:18 AM
I finally managed it after several tries. Keep holding down the mouse button until the gnome swings around a few times and gets faster. Release it when it's swinging to the right towards the hedge.

If you release too soon, though, you'll send it right into the hedge. I drowned a few in the pond. :/

Not only do they release too soon, they LAUGH at you. I'll show them. I'm a pureblood. Well, OK, I'll make baseless threats and hope some random Death Eater will back them up, but I'll sneer really, really hard. Or make a potion. I've only broken one cauldron today. :shuffle:

This is why I can't play video games. I'm too invested. I'm trying to sneak playing this at work. Do you know how hard it is to de-gnome while writing a press release?

IceAlisa
07-17-2012, 05:24 AM
The gnomes laugh? I thought they kind of sink listlessly into the pond. You've come a long way, Matry, in such a short time. :eek: You've just been sorted and you are already de-gnoming! :eek:

I am MidnightGlow21201, btw.

maatTheViking
07-17-2012, 09:21 PM
I just signed up for this - I finally got around to re-read the first 3.5 books ( where I stopped years ago), and just started book 5.

Enjoying them, so I thought I would sign up - I am FlightAuror18821. Tryingto figure out how it all works :)

CynicElle
07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Have fun! I sent you a friend request.