PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Amy L
04-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks. I got it the second time around. I still spilled bunches all over the counter, but I did get 7 and only 7 in the mortar!

CynicElle
04-21-2012, 03:25 PM
:mad: I can't seem to break about 137 in the Body-Bind spell, and I keep getting clobbered by people getting 140+. Is it because I'm on a MacBook and don't use a mouse?

michiruwater
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't use a mouse.

It takes time to get used to it. You want the line to be in the center of each letter and you want to press when the circle reaches its largest diameter. It's easy to wait a split-second too long when it has already started to shrink.

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks. I got it the second time around. I still spilled bunches all over the counter, but I did get 7 and only 7 in the mortar!

Yay! If you spill, does it get taken subtracted from your ingredients supplies count?

I've made every kind of potion at this point, some of them several times. So I feel a bit better about my potion-making skills. Spells is another story.

You guys think they will dial it up a notch or 6 in the other books? :shuffle: As in, are we going to learn the forbidden curses? Some psychodelic potions? As a Ravenclaw, I want to be able to know how to do them, not to actually use them (not until Book 7, anyway).

BigB08822
04-22-2012, 03:11 AM
I am still so confused. I went through and can't find the link about where to find things. I think that is all I am doing right now but I am on the part where Hagrid brings Harry to Privet Drive and I can't find a darn thing to possibly click on. Does each scene have something to find? If anyone can provide the link I would appreciate it.

My username is StrikeMoon27344

Amy L
04-22-2012, 03:28 AM
I am still so confused. I went through and can't find the link about where to find things. I think that is all I am doing right now but I am on the part where Hagrid brings Harry to Privet Drive and I can't find a darn thing to possibly click on.

Not all scenes have something to collect, in some you just unlock something like extra info.

This website (http://ppottermoreguide.tumblr.com/page/2) was posted before and it's really helpful. The bottom of the page starts with Chapter 1 Moment 1 so then you scroll up to get through the chapters. It lists everything that's available in each moment, though it doesn't usually tell you exactly where to look. The key for that is to mouse over things, if they start moving or glowing, it's often something that can be collected.

BigB08822
04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks! I think I got everything collected and finished the book. Now I can work on spells (those are hard!), potions, etc. I will go through and add all of you later, I saw the list of usernames a few pages back.

Oh, I was sorted into Slytherin. :EVILLE:

CynicElle
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Ooof, bad Pottermore morning. Blew up a cauldron (no idea how I managed that -- I'm usually really good with potions), and didn't get the five points I won in one duel to try to cancel out the cauldron explosion.

michiruwater
04-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I really, really want a 145 in dueling. Hasn't happened yet.

I wish that there were more than one spell that would enable you to win a duel. I'm a little sick of petrificus totalis. I'd like to vary it a it more, but I won't win if I do and that's frustrating.

mkats
04-22-2012, 09:56 PM
I didn't realize that your potion failures were announced to the entire common room! :eek: :shuffle: I just looked down at our recent activity and saw "so and so failed to brew antidote to common potions" :rofl:

IceAlisa
04-22-2012, 10:06 PM
How Soviet of them. They used to announce test scores to the whole class in alphabetical order. :lol:

dancefan17
04-22-2012, 10:09 PM
how do you get access to more spells? I only have access to 3 and my highest score was only 114 :( Can't access the full body bind and getting beat with scores over 140....any help appreciated!

PDilemma
04-22-2012, 11:05 PM
How Soviet of them. They used to announce test scores to the whole class in alphabetical order. :lol:

I had a teacher in a small rural elementary school who assigned everyone a number by the alphabet (first kid alphabetically was #1 and so forth) at the beginning of the year then read grades out loud by numbers all the time. We all had everyone's number figured out by the third day of school or so. :rolleyes:

mkats
04-22-2012, 11:10 PM
OK, I've finally managed to get decent control over all the potions ingredients, badly shaped bottles and all.

Just think of when we have to use the "leaping toadstool" in a potion...

IceAlisa
04-22-2012, 11:22 PM
I had a teacher in a small rural elementary school who assigned everyone a number by the alphabet (first kid alphabetically was #1 and so forth) at the beginning of the year then read grades out loud by numbers all the time. We all had everyone's number figured out by the third day of school or so. :rolleyes:

Apparently Pottermore creators have the same mentality.

OK, I've finally managed to get decent control over all the potions ingredients, badly shaped bottles and all. What worked for me is grabbing the bottles by their tops and leaning them on something while adding the ingredient for better control. The porcupine spine bottle has to be laid down across the mortar.

Just think of when we have to use the "leaping toadstool" in a potion... Eek. Not looking forward to chasing that thing around. I imagine a behavior similar to the Snitch but I bet it will knock over everything in the process.