PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

IceAlisa
04-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks, will go back for the postcard once I finish the current potion (living on the edge here, using the copper cauldron). Where the flutz is the old candle? I tried collecting one sitting by a chess game and it wouldn't go.

Rememberall is in the Flying Lesson chapter, just like in the book and film.

The chess set is in the Xmas at Hogwarts chapter, on the table (which contains a few other goodies, a galleon and infusion of wormwood).

Lorac
04-20-2012, 10:26 PM
How many chocolate frog cards are there? I currently have 9 but don't have one for Helga Hufflepuff and I assume she must have one!!

IceAlisa
04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I have 8 I think. You found one more. I wonder what this stuff is for and if we really need it later on.

Bostonfan
04-20-2012, 10:43 PM
If you really want to know everything you can collect in each chapter, go to this website. It doesn't tell you necessarily where it is, but rather what you can find in each chapter

http://ppottermoreguide.tumblr.com/

I found 11 Chocolate Frogs. I only went to this site AFTER I had been through all the chapters once through thoroughly (or so I thought). Turns out I missed about 7 items.

centerstage01
04-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Can we make a separate thread that is just a Pottermore directory of who is who from FSU?

Also, is anyone here HallowEye28603? I got your friend request, I just want to be able to identify you! :)

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 02:18 AM
I brewed another potion and practicing dueling. I've answering most if not all of the challenges and did a rather pathetic job. I am sort of afraid to answer brina's challenge. :D

Bostonfan
04-21-2012, 02:23 AM
I brewed another potion and practicing dueling. I've answering most if not all of the challenges and did a rather pathetic job. I am sort of afraid to answer brina's challenge. :D

You were my first duel. :) I did the Full Body bind because that's the only one I've been working on with some success (less so with Jelly Legs)

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Great job! :cheer2: You kicked my butt.

Jelly Legs is hard.

Just noticed that the link says you should collect a Bezoar and Salamander Blood in Moment 2 in Chapter 17, Book 1. That would be the hospital wing. I can't find anything there, click as I may on everything. :confused:

Bostonfan
04-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Great job! :cheer2: You kicked my butt.

Jelly Legs is hard.

Just noticed that the link says you should collect a Bezoar and Salamander Blood in Moment 2 in Chapter 17, Book 1. That would be the hospital wing. I can't find anything there, click as I may on everything. :confused:

I know one of the items is in the medicine cabinet against the wall. I can't remember which. Make sure you just hover with your mouse over everything to see what glows. I found that easier than just clicking. And I think certain things only are accessible if you zoom in or out (depending on where it is)

brina
04-21-2012, 03:01 AM
I am sort of afraid to answer brina's challenge. :D :lol: Actually I think you could beat me! Give it a shot. ;)

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 03:03 AM
I know one of the items is in the medicine cabinet against the wall. I can't remember which. Make sure you just hover with your mouse over everything to see what glows. I found that easier than just clicking. And I think certain things only are accessible if you zoom in or out (depending on where it is)

Thanks, will go find me some bezoar. ETA: in possession of a bezoar. Saves me some :bribe:--those suckers are expensive.

brina, I may try it, to my own peril. :P I am going to be sorry, I know.

Oh so close 137/140. Eek. I feel like Ashley Wagner.

And now like Alissa Czisny. :shuffle:

ETA: who is SnitchAuror12171? Got a friend request.

BigB08822
04-21-2012, 06:20 AM
I just joined and am so confused. I need to read through this thread to find out the point of this. I don't feel like going through all this chapter review stuff. I want to get sorted and cast spells. lol

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Refer to the link on previous page to find out what stuff you can collect in each "Moment" of the chapter. You can ignore the rest of it, unless you want to read additional back story provided by JKR. If not, just pick up the goods and hurry to Diagon Alley where you do have to buy all the stuff on the shopping list before you get the wand and put on the train.

Amy L
04-21-2012, 06:32 AM
How the hell do you get the mistletoe berries into the mortar? I was doing so well with the forgetfulness potion until that part. I spilled that sh*t all over everywhere except the mortar!! :lol:

IceAlisa
04-21-2012, 09:20 AM
You lean them on the left side of the cauldron and over the mortar.