PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

CynicElle
04-20-2012, 01:20 PM
I think Potions still gets glitchy on and off, especially when there are tons of people on the site. It flunked one of my Sleeping Draughts because it said I put the lavender in the wrong container, which I so did not.

Oh well -- at least now that dueling is up and working, I don't have to wait eons to earn some house points.

kwanatic
04-20-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm rocking at potions right now! Who knew? I've brewed 3 Sleeping Draughts and one of everything else and I haven't had a mistake since early yesterday morning when I blew up my second cauldron!

The toughest thing is picking up the bottles but I think I've figured it out. If you position your mouse near the top of the bottle, pick it up, and then bring the bottle up the side of the cauldron (kind of using the cauldron to steady it) and then gently tip it, it works better. I did spill a great deal of stuff figuring that out but my method seems to be working now.

Does anyone know if they'll continue to add stuff to the chapters once you've already gone through them? I wonder what the timeline is for adding COS and the other books?

Sarah
04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I brewed my first potion last night! I just wish I had realized the real version (vs the practice) would take so long or I'd have waiting until today... I'm tired this morning, but I didn't want to give up on my first successful potion!

kwanatic
04-20-2012, 01:56 PM
^^Congrats! It does give you a weird sense of accomplishment, doesn't it? :D

mkats
04-20-2012, 02:43 PM
IA, I've had a brewing potion disappear on me as well. I guess they still have some glitches to hammer out.

What's glitchiest for me, actually, is dueling - anyone else have that issue? At least 30% of the time either I'm announced to have lost or won before I even pick a spell, or sometimes it lets me get as far as picking a spell but then announces the outcome before I actually cast it.

kwanatic
04-20-2012, 03:17 PM
^^That's happened to me to. It usually happens when I randomly challenge a house, usually back-to-back. It'd be okay if you actually received points when you "won" the match, but you don't receive anything. When that happens I just refresh the page and try again.

IceAlisa
04-20-2012, 04:49 PM
IA, I've had a brewing potion disappear on me as well. I guess they still have some glitches to hammer out.

What's glitchiest for me, actually, is dueling - anyone else have that issue? At least 30% of the time either I'm announced to have lost or won before I even pick a spell, or sometimes it lets me get as far as picking a spell but then announces the outcome before I actually cast it.

Great. I am going to attempt the potion today once more. Haven't tried dueling yet.

Off to a great start. Cauldron meltdown. It also announced that 5 points will be taken off Ravenclaw but my point count hasn't changed. Guess they owe me that for taking away my potion last night. :lol:

Brewed the darn thing on 5th attempt. Whew. Will try another one.

brina
04-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the potions IA and ChelleC!! I haven't been on much in the last couple of days.. but my "error" message for dueling is fixed and I am back. :cool:

IceAlisa
04-20-2012, 08:49 PM
:) I have brewed two Awake potions and am now on to the Sleeping one. There's a bit of tricky heating involved.

I am wondering if we will need them down the road when the other books come out. Do the potions have an expiration date? A rhetorical question, of course.

Amy L
04-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I just expect to see more potions added the further we go along. Maybe we get the instructions for Polyjuice once CoS is added!! And the same thing for spells. I just really want to get a Patronus one day. :cheer2:

IceAlisa
04-20-2012, 09:31 PM
I looked at some of you guys' object lists--brina in particular--and I am missing:

Every Flavor Beans
Hammer and nails
Old cup
Old candle
Postcard from London
Rememberall
Wizard Chess set

I will go back and scour the SS chapter for these.

The website had crashed 4 times while I was looking. Really glad I wasn't brewing a potion at the time.

ETA: Got all of them so far excepting the old candle and postcard. Also found along the way:

2 more chocolate frog cards
a bunch of :bribe:
another rock cake
jar of eel eyes (useful in potion making supposedly)
infusion of wormwood
2 more books: Hogwarts: A History and Dragon Keeper's Guide.

mkats
04-20-2012, 09:40 PM
OMG, I just realized WTT already started (from IA's earlier post). I completely forgot about it :eek: This thread is the only reason I've been wandering over to FSU as of late.

I just expect to see more potions added the further we go along. Maybe we get the instructions for Polyjuice once CoS is added!! And the same thing for spells. I just really want to get a Patronus one day. :cheer2:

How awesome would that be??? :cheer2:

Amy L
04-20-2012, 09:44 PM
I looked at some of you guys' object lists--brina in particular and I am missing:

Every Flavor Beans
Hammer and nails
Old cup
Postcard from London
Rememberall
Wizard Chess set

I will go back and scour the SS chapter for these.

Every Flavor Beans - in the train compartment
Postcard from London - in the Dursley's kitchen on the fridge
Rememberall - in whatever chapter that is, just click on it
Wizard Chess set - ditto

I don't remember where the old cup is, but I have it. I don't have the hammer and nails.

kwanatic
04-20-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't remember where the old cup is, but I have it. I don't have the hammer and nails.

The hammer and nails is in Chapter 3: Letters from No One. It's by the door that's all boarded up...

I can't remember where I got the cup from...:confused:

Lorac
04-20-2012, 10:16 PM
The hammer and nails is in Chapter 3: Letters from No One. It's by the door that's all boarded up...

I can't remember where I got the cup from...:confused:

The cup was in the 4th chapter - in the hut on the rock when Harry receives his letter!!