PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

kwanatic
04-19-2012, 04:04 PM
I blew up my second cauldron the first time I tried to make the Sleeping Draught...BUT I tried it again and nailed it! 11 house points. :D I like doing potions though I admit, I felt a lot like Neville when I got started.

I agree about dueling. I was using the Tongue Tying spell until I realized the Body Bind curse is not only easier but more powerful. Now I'm winning a bit more frequently, which is cool but it would be cool if there was a bit more to it than picking the same spell over and over. Maybe like if when you go in to duel, the game randomly chooses 3 spells for both casters and the best one wins...IDK.

It's still fun though. :)

Bostonfan
04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Any advantage on choosing a specific magical creature: Owl, Frog, etc? Or is it just personal preference?

Citlali
04-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Any advantage on choosing a specific magical creature: Owl, Frog, etc? Or is it just personal preference?

No advantange that I know of, just your preference... but later in the game it becomes your avatar, so choose wisely.

P.D: Im SunCharm68 and a Ravenclaw :cheer2:

Bostonfan
04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Another Ravenclaw here!

Bostonfan
04-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I went on a shopping spree at the Apocathary shop. I've only just been sorted. :)

kwanatic
04-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I've brewed all 6 potions! I'm on my way to being a potions master! :D

PDilemma
04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
So I'm subbing today. As a guest on the school network, I cannot get into gmail or any other email. I can't get into a couple of news sites that are blocked as "adult". I can't get into Golden Skate which is blocked as "spam". And of course, Facebook, etc...is all blocked.

But...I can get into Pottermore and peruse the chapters I already went through to collect more stuff!! :D

Probably some network admin is going to catch it and it will be blocked, soon.

Lorac
04-19-2012, 07:19 PM
I am getting more and more aggrivated with the cure for boils potion. I am following the steps to the letter but keep getting the message telling me the potion is not done due to me doing the steps in the wrong order but I'm not!!!! The only thing is that sometimes my stirring doesn't register - how do you do that properly?

Oh and my name is OakMidnight16546

kwanatic
04-19-2012, 07:48 PM
^^The best advice I'd give is don't rush too much. Don't add an ingredient unless the little counter has registered the number (ie. it says "Add 2 measures of standard ingredients, don't throw the second measure in until the first one has registered and the little number next to the mortar/cauldron says "1"). I did that with the horned slugs (for whichever potion it is); I dumped 4 in without paying attention to the number on the counter and thought I'd done it right but when I waved the wand it started smoking green and said I'd done it wrong.

For the stirring the cauldron, same thing. If the counter isn't registering it, it's probably not counting it. I'm PumpkinNewt5946...add me as a friend! I'd do it myself but the search for friends page doesn't load properly here at work...

Bostonfan
04-19-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm still working on the cures for boils potions. Took me about 6 times because I was overcrushing the powder. Now that I have that figured out, it too gave me an error message about doing the 2nd half of the potion in the wrong order. I think I may have miscounted the stirs I did. Off to try again!

Lorac
04-19-2012, 08:24 PM
^^The best advice I'd give is don't rush too much. Don't add an ingredient unless the little counter has registered the number (ie. it says "Add 2 measures of standard ingredients, don't throw the second measure in until the first one has registered and the little number next to the mortar/cauldron says "1"). I did that with the horned slugs (for whichever potion it is); I dumped 4 in without paying attention to the number on the counter and thought I'd done it right but when I waved the wand it started smoking green and said I'd done it wrong.

For the stirring the cauldron, same thing. If the counter isn't registering it, it's probably not counting it. I'm PumpkinNewt5946...add me as a friend! I'd do it myself but the search for friends page doesn't load properly here at work...

I am defintely counting the ingredients correctly - I just cannot get the stirring down - I suspect if you 'miss' one it blows the count out and I have not gotten 5 in a row yet - I have tried all the tricks and I am finding out on the web but nothing seems to work for me!!! It is so damn frustrating!!!

Bostonfan
04-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Finally did it! Lorac, when I was stirring, I got up to 3 and then it stopped counting for a moment, but I kept stirring and the counter resumed until I got to 5. Try that.

Lorac
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
YYYYEESSSSS - finally - I have a cure for boils!!!!! (OMG - how pathetic am I!!)

Bostonfan
04-19-2012, 09:05 PM
OK - I need help with the Alohomora spell. I see some letters, but others missing. I try clicking on the "A", then clicking twice when it glows in the circle, but then the letters drop and re-appear again. Help!

ETA: Disregard. I figured it out. Ironically I had to go into my spells section to practice another spell, and the instructions were a little clearer for some reason. So I went back and did Alohomora.

So friggin addictive :)

mkats
04-19-2012, 11:11 PM
PhD Chemist says (via text message at work, somebody's addicted!)

"What kind of alchemist puts a time limit on your work?? Steady chemistry is solid chemistry!"

Methinks somebody isn't faring too well in potions :rofl: