PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

brina
04-19-2012, 04:14 AM
I am still getting an error for dueling on my primary account. :mad: I am so frustrated!! Maybe I'll just stick with my new account and forget about it..

Amy L
04-19-2012, 04:26 AM
It started working for me when I went to my friends list and started challenging people from there.

Scintillation
04-19-2012, 04:35 AM
How is it that you guys manage the full body bind?? I can't seem to get past the second T before it all falls apart. Boo. My dueling future looks ridiculously dim.

lmarie086
04-19-2012, 04:48 AM
I am bloody awful at potions-I think I'm on my 15th try for the boils one? Which is only for practice. :o

agalisgv
04-19-2012, 05:31 AM
^^^ I think the first one is the hardest because it's hard to tell what and where everything is, and how to work things. After that, it's fairly easy I think.

star_gazer11
04-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Must not sign back in until I finish my taxes.

Must not sign back in until I finish my taxes.

Hehe, me too. How's that going for you? :D

I've only logged in to confirm friend requests. Ooops to whoever challenged me to a duel a day or two back - the notice apparently only shows up once, and the system doesn't remember it if you don't accept in the session you received it.

But I can't duel yet anyway, haven't mastered any of that yet. :lol:

Amy L
04-19-2012, 05:39 AM
The other potions can be harder because the bottles/vials are a PITA to pour the first few times. And if you have to keep the cauldron at a low temp you have to quickly press the on/off buttons back and forth constantly or else you blow up a cauldron for the 4th time in a 24-hour period.

agalisgv
04-19-2012, 05:52 AM
I think dueling is way more fun than potion-making :shuffle:.

You earn more points faster, and you don't have to spend any galleons :D

Amy L
04-19-2012, 05:58 AM
Besides the astounding number of cauldrons I go through in a day, I do actually successfully brew several potions (life, what life). Dueling, otoh... :shuffle:

CynicElle
04-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I don't know if it's because I'm on a laptop or what, but I fail at duelling. I've won a couple matches against other Slytherins, so they don't even count, but I've been hopeless against other houses.

(sound of all FSUers in other houses rushing to challenge me to duels ... :shuffle:)

Bostonfan
04-19-2012, 12:17 PM
OK, here's a newbie question. I got on for the 1st time last night (my work computer has a firewall that won't let me access it, so I can only get there on nights and weekends from my home PC)

I'm in Chapter 3. I've collected a couple of things so far, but nothing really happens as far as I can see. Do I just have to slog through the chapters clicking on everything until I get to the sorting? So far I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for or doing with these early chapters.

CynicElle
04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
You do have to go through all the chapters in order to get to the Sorting, but you should wait to collect things (except for your school supplies, since you can't move ahead in the game until you've bought them) until after you're Sorted. You can earn house points for collecting some of the items.

kwanatic
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm so hooked on this! :) So I'm working on getting two decent spells for dueling. I'm going with the Full Body Bind (which is pretty powerful and not hard) and the Tongue Tying spell (which is a bit harder).

I brewed Herbicide on my first try this morning...that was after spilling everything yesterday the first time I tried. I seem to be pretty decent at potions. The hardest thing is picking up the vials of ingredients and not spilling them everywhere. My goal is to get three more successful potions today. And I'm getting better at dueling too...

NinjaTurtles
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm a dab hand at potions. I see the point in spending your time dueling to earn points faster; however, I get bored with dueling quickly. It seems that everyone is just using Petrificus Totalus, I wish it was trickier to cast well like some of the others.

zaphyre14
04-19-2012, 03:42 PM
I don't understand dueling so I'm working on Potions instead. Haven't blown up a cauldron yet.....

Is it worth stocking up on potion ingredients while I have the Gs to buy them or should I buy only what I need for the one I'm working on? (I hate shopping! :) )