PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

kwanatic
04-19-2012, 01:26 AM
^^ You know it!! :lol:

So I finished the first book! I absolutely love this site! I'm actually happy the other books aren't up yet; I'd never get anything done at work! :D I know I'll be dueling and mixing potions until they get the other ones up...

Question: where do you find the other spells from. My Spells section says I know 14 spells but I can only perform 3 (incendio, flippendo and the bogie curse). Do you have to reach a certain amount of dueling points before you can do others? Or did I miss the spells somewhere? Help!

agalisgv
04-19-2012, 01:31 AM
The list of spells shown before you duel has a drop down arrow at the bottom. Click on the arrow, and you'll see the other spells.

shsocu
04-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Question: where do you find the other spells from. My Spells section says I know 14 spells but I can only perform 3 (incendio, flippendo and the bogie curse). Do you have to reach a certain amount of dueling points before you can do others? Or did I miss the spells somewhere? Help!

How many spell books do you have?

I have 3 books, know 21 spells, but can practice 7

kwanatic
04-19-2012, 01:44 AM
I've only got two spells books: Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection and Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1). 7?! I can only practice 3 spells!

I must have missed one. Crap! :mad:

I guess I need to go back and look for it...

shsocu
04-19-2012, 01:54 AM
I've only got two spells books: Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection and Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1). 7?! I can only practice 3 spells!

I must have missed one. Crap! :mad:

I guess I need to go back and look for it...

Look through Chapter 12 again

Amy L
04-19-2012, 01:55 AM
The chapter in the library has a lot of books to collect. I'd start rechecking there.

kwanatic
04-19-2012, 01:59 AM
I just did...dragged the mouse over every single shelf. I'm pretty sure I got all of the ones in there...

ETA: Just found it! It was the one on the bench at the Christmas feast. I could have sworn I collected that one. I probably did but my computer at work runs the site kinda weird...I constantly have to refresh it. Maybe something happened when I clicked on it at work or something. Whatever! I'm off to practice! :)

Scintillation
04-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Well I'm as epically bad as Harry at Potions because I can't practice brew this cure for boils to save my life.

mkats
04-19-2012, 02:11 AM
I succeeded in brewing herbicide. (Kinda ironic for a Hufflepuff, no? :lol: )

That horklump juice bottle is THE worst! It's so hard to stand up and in the end I just gave up and chucked it aside in the interest of time. Of course, the same went for the flobberworm mucus, and I could hardly see what was going on on my workbench for all the green plumes of smoke coming up.

mkats
04-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Also, I would like to quote the PhD chemist on making cure for boils:

"...besides, where's the inert atmosphere? and i didn't even add a stir bar and there's no stir plate. what is this crap?"

ETA: After succeeding with cure for boils in 3 tries, he went to tackle forgetfulness potion but then got angry with his slow cauldron, bought a copper cauldron, grumbled that it was still too slow, and gave up, presumably to go mix up some real potions. :lol:

brina
04-19-2012, 02:18 AM
mkats, that is hilarious. :lol:

Scintillation
04-19-2012, 02:20 AM
I think it may have been my 6th attempt that I finally did everything correctly and didn't run out of time. YEESH.
Also my wand is cypress with unicorn hair, and I was placed in Gryffindor. According to Pottermore, I am hella super self-sacrificing and brave, what with my cypress wand and house placement. I would've thought I would be Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

Amy L
04-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the cauldron CynicElle, I'm sure I'll blow it up soon. :) I FINALLY have a successful Awakening potion! I'm thinking about trying the poison antidote, but I need to give myself a little mental health holiday before I get started on another one.

The duels finally work again! Now I need to go poke a badger with a spoon...

IceAlisa
04-19-2012, 02:27 AM
Also, I would like to quote the PhD chemist on making cure for boils:

"...besides, where's the inert atmosphere? and i didn't even add a stir bar and there's no stir plate. what is this crap?"

ETA: After succeeding with cure for boils in 3 tries, he went to tackle forgetfulness potion but then got angry with his slow cauldron, bought a copper cauldron, grumbled that it was still too slow, and gave up, presumably to go mix up some real potions. :lol:

:rofl:

PDilemma
04-19-2012, 02:33 AM
You all are collecting so many house points off of my inability to do spells. :lol: