PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Hannahclear
04-18-2012, 07:09 PM
No, that part makes sense, I'm talking about the instructions on the left. How do I just add 1x Snake Fangs? And if I am doing it right, then why doesn't it work? Poo!

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Dang it! agalisgv, you're good!

I gotta work out how to time the spells better!

Bostonfan
04-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Based on this thread alone, I just signed up. Your enthusiasm is infectious :) Can't wait until I'm up and running!

My name: StoneRose19105

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Dang it! agalisgv, you're good!

I gotta work out how to time the spells better!
Aw, you didn't use the jelly legs :(. It's more powerful than the spell you used.

You pick which spell you like best, and challenge me on that. I'll just use that spell :)

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 07:12 PM
No, that part makes sense, I'm talking about the instructions on the left. How do I just add 1x Snake Fangs? And if I am doing it right, then why doesn't it work? Poo!

When you add the snake fangs to the mortar and pestle thing, it's going to drop 3 in each time. So add that twice, and it will say there are 6 in the mortar (bowl). After you grind them up, click on the inside wall of mortar (not the pestle or you'll continue to grind them) and you'll see a pinch of powder. Add 4 pinches to the cauldron. It says 1x Snake Fangs but don't worry about that. Just go by the instructions/measurements...:)

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
You didn't use the jelly legs :(. It's more powerful than the spell you used.

You pick which spell you like best, and challenge me on that. I'll just use that spell :)

Lol! I told you, I only have three spells (Flippendo, Incendio and the bogies hex). Don't worry, I'll go a bit farther along in the story so I can find some more spells. For now, let's go with incendio. That seems to be my fav right now...;)

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Incendio it is!

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Aaah! I finally got you! :D 121 to 120! Super close! Good duel. :)

Thanks for the practice! My aim is to get as good as you! 700+ points?! I gotta get my numbers up. Poor Hufflepuff needs it.

ETA: I think you're right about using the same spell. When you do, the scores are pretty close to each other. You just won one 118 to 117; that's pretty cool! OMG, I'm not going to get anything else done today. :lol:

CynicElle
04-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Based on this thread alone, I just signed up. Your enthusiasm is infectious :) Can't wait until I'm up and running!

My name: StoneRose19105

Whee! I was kind of bored with it during beta, but it's a lot more fun now that all the FSUers are arriving.

Gil-Galad
04-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I am better at dueling when I am standing and not sitting... Weird, but I regularly score 140+ on the body bind when I stand up and always <140 when I sit. Maybe it makes the hand a little faster...

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey Hufflepuffs, check out the common room. I don't know if maybe I skipped over it yesterday, but there's a J.K. Rowling special entry about the Hufflepuff common room right under the listed Founder and Head Ghost.

Was that there yesterday? It only has 49 likes (including mine) so I'm guessing it was added rather recently...

zaphyre14
04-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the help. I did my shopping and have my wand - larch with phoenix core, 14 1/2 inches long with slight springiness! Which according to Olivander's descriptions, actually fits me pretty well. :)

ETA: I got Gryffindor.

IceAlisa
04-18-2012, 07:48 PM

Three snake fangs per click, so you need a total of 2 clicks to add the required 6 fangs into the mortar. Once that's ground, it will become powder and you need to click/transfer 4 pinches/measures of the ground snake fangs into the cauldron. That's 1 measure per click and drag, so x 4. Hope it makes sense.

There's a counter on the left of the mortar which shows you if you've ground up the fangs enough. You should keep grinding until you get into the green zone. Similar counter/thermometer appears near the cauldron once you light it. Watch that temp range.

Hannahclear
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes, everything that I've been told, I've been doing. I gave up for now. Can't figure it out.

rfisher
04-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I started a duel with agal last night and screwed up right away. I was on my laptop and I'm too slow with the key pad. Tonight I'm shifting to my PC and my mouse. That was my problem with potions. I couldn't drop the stupid snake fangs in the mortar. (I wrote down the instructions so that was no problem :D --I'm such a Hermionie. :shuffle: except I was sorted into Ravenclaw. Although, I'm pretty certain which answers on the sorting that will get me into Slytherin. I may reregister and give Slytherin a shot so I can emulate my teacher mentor Severus Snape. :EVILLE: