PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Which are the snake fangs, the little white things in the bag? It's the bag closest to the cauldron, with white pointy things. The other bag with green stuff is something else (and not used in this potion).
And I always run out of time... :mad: Once you've done it a few times, don't bother reading the instructions--just start in on it and you won't run out of time anymore.
And where are all the other Gryffindors here? Apparently we are the few, the proud, and the brave :biggrinbo :biggrinbo

Gil-Galad
04-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the help - going to give it another try. I've always been real good at chemistry, but this is different. :(

Apparently we are the few, the proud, and the brave :biggrinbo :biggrinbo

Which also means that we can challenge all those well-behaved, studious Ravenclaws...

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Hey, I've gotten a bit better at dueling! I've actually won a few today! :rollin:

Anybody wanna duel? You have to challenge me; I'm at work and for some reason when I try to scroll down through my list of friends it kills the entire page. :mad:

Nailed my boils cure too! I'm doing better today :D

CynicElle
04-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I found this site helpful when I was first trying to figure out Potions: http://dejiki.com/2011/08/brewing-potions-in-pottermore/ Some of the information might have changed between beta testing and now, but I think the basics are still correct.

shsocu
04-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey, I've gotten a bit better at dueling! I've actually won a few today! :rollin:

Anybody wanna duel? You have to challenge me; I'm at work and for some reason when I try to scroll down through my list of friends it kills the entire page. :mad:

Nailed my boils cure too! I'm doing better today :D

I went to challenge you and then realized that it wouldn't work because we are in the same house :)

IceAlisa
04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
So any word on when the rest of the books will be up and running?

zaphyre14
04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm KnightOwl5950 - but I have no wand and I can't figure out how to get past Diagon Alley. Obviously I am one of the dumber potential wizards....

Gil-Galad
04-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm KnightOwl5950 - but I have no wand and I can't figure out how to get past Diagon Alley. Obviously I am one of the dumber potential wizards....

Have you picked up your shopping list - it's lying on the street.

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 06:26 PM

Anybody wanna duel? You have to challenge me; I'm at work and for some reason when I try to scroll down through my list of friends it kills the entire page. :mad: I challenged you :)

My web connection is fritzing, and it's messing up my dueling :fragile:

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
I went to challenge you and then realized that it wouldn't work because we are in the same house :) You can challenge--it just won't give you points. It's like a friendly practice duel. Gil-Galad did that with me to show me just how pathetic I was at it all :saint:

zaphyre14
04-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Have you picked up your shopping list - it's lying on the street.

Nope, I'm stuck on the "Arriving At Diagon Alley" scene. So far I've found a candle, a shell and the salt and pepper shakers - and read Harry's letter from McGonagle.

The pictures are very dark on my scene, though.

IceAlisa
04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Yesterday I started brewing another potion with the free ingredients I found along the way, bought the missing ingredient and of course messed it up. So now I am out of the free ingredients I've picked up and the one I bought. :rolleyes:

It took me forever to figure out Alohomora so it will be a while until I duel anyone. Not sure where I suck more, potions or spells.

Gil-Galad
04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
You can challenge--it just won't give you points. It's like a friendly practice duel. Gil-Galad did that with me to show me just how pathetic I was at it all :saint:
Oh no, not pathetic! And is it just me or did you win an enormous amount of points in dueling since then?

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Nope, I'm stuck on the "Arriving At Diagon Alley" scene. So far I've found a candle, a shell and the salt and pepper shakers - and read Harry's letter from McGonagle.

The pictures are very dark on my scene, though. Don't pick up anything until you've been sorted. After that, you can go back through the scenes and collect items. For everything you collect, you receive house points.

Well, pick up the shopping list in the middle of the road in Diagon Alley. But that's it.

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh no, not pathetic! PML it was SO pathetic--you're too kind!

I read the instructions very literally about starting with the first letter, so that was all I would click on. I couldn't figure out what all those other letters were there for :rofl:

I've since been enlightened :D.
And is it just me or did you won an enormous amount of points in dueling since then? Just a few :shuffle:

I must confess, though, that my son has earned quite a few of those points. He figured out how to duel random people in the other houses, and he just went to town with that. We've tried different dueling techniques, so it's been fun to trade notes as it were.