PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

reckless
04-18-2012, 06:06 AM
You find the book. I think it's in chapter 11 or 12. I just got it.

Some of the spells are really hard to cast. The tongue-tying spell is really tough.

antmanb
04-18-2012, 10:28 AM
OMG, I've been on this site ALL DAY! :)

I'm a Hufflepuff! I have to admit, when I saw I was sorted into Hufflepuff I was a little disappointed. Naturally, most people want to be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw (a few, like my cousin, want to be in Slytherin), so I wasn't as happy to get Hufflepuff.

BUT...I read the welcome message, supposedly written by the Hufflepuff prefect but obviously taken from Rowling and I have to say, now I'm PROUD to be a Hufflepuff! :D I really like the description (trustworthy, loyal but don't step to us 'cause we'll kick your butt if we have to!). I love how Rowling dispels the myth about Hufflepuffs being the run-of-the-mill kind of people; she says Hufflepuffs are every bit as successful and smart as Ravenclaw or Gryffindor...only thing is Hufflepuffs don't boast or brag so you don't realize it as much.

More than that, I love that Rowling gives directions of where the common room is and how to get in, plus a description of what it looks like. In the books, the only common room that Harry doesn't end up seeing is Hufflepuff; they know that it's down by the kitchens but they never see it, so that was a treat to know what the room looks like.

This is so much fun! I'm having a hard time doing anything else today...

Ha! I'm a hufflepuff too, and i cracked up reading all the parts about the badger because I kept thinking of Honey Badger!!! I'm definitely proud to be hufflepuff now!

I'm LumosKey8758.

wickedwitch
04-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm HexOwl31482. My wand is 10", supple, made of pine with unicorn hair as the core. The description for pine wands matched me to a scary extent, unlike being sorted into Slytherin, which made no sense. I have no ambition at all.

Hannahclear
04-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I've been waiting FOREVER for this! I'm finally IN. Do I have to wait until I've got through all the pre-Hogwarts chapters to be sorted?

CynicElle
04-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I've been waiting FOREVER for this! I'm finally IN. Do I have to wait until I've got through all the pre-Hogwarts chapters to be sorted?

I'm pretty sure you do. They don't take too long to get through, though.

:duh: I swear -- the more I practice dueling, the worse I'm getting at it. I should just stick to Potions; I seem to have a knack for those.

Hannahclear
04-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Ah Ravenclaw. Seems a common outcome here at FSU.

mkats
04-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Damn it, Pottermore - you've broken two of my staunchest rules that I've hung onto for the full two years I've worked here: not to access FSU at work, and not to play games at work.

:shuffle: Currently brewing Sleeping Draught, again.

Hannahclear
04-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Ok, how the hell do I "wave my wand" when making the Boils potion when I don't see my wand anywhere in the picture? What did I miss?

shsocu
04-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok, how the hell do I "wave my wand" when making the Boils potion when I don't see my wand anywhere in the picture? What did I miss?

It's laying on the table behind your ingredients. Just click on it.

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Is anyone else having issues with the dueling page today? I've got like 4 invites to duel and when I go to the page it says

Sorry, there was a problem with this page
Maybe someone has cast a spell over this page because it's not loading correctly. Please come back and try again.

Rats!!:mad: I really wanted to see if I'd gotten any better today...doubtful, but still. I guess I'll give it a while and check back later.

Thanks to VineFrog819 aka Jobelle for the gift! I didn't have any time to play on the site once I got home yesterday so I didn't get around to sending gifts, but I'll make sure to send ya something nice. ;)

Can I just say I'm happy we have this thread here. :) It sucks that you can't PM on the site (though I do understand why), but it's cool that we can talk/comment/lament our terrible potions/dueling here. :D

Ha! I'm a hufflepuff too, and i cracked up reading all the parts about the badger because I kept thinking of Honey Badger!!! I'm definitely proud to be hufflepuff now!

Whoot! Another Hufflepuff! :respec: And yeah, Honey Badger Dont' Care! (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/637/Honey-Badger-Dont-Care.jpg&imgrefurl=http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/honey-badger&h=269&w=360&sz=25&tbnid=USy_-vLIsPit5M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&zoom=1&docid=zpgfNS4pYnCc9M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8d6OT4C6MvS10QGFhI2xDw&sqi=2&ved=0CGcQ9QEwBA&dur=2005) :lol: That ought to be our motto: Hufflepuff Don't Care!

Hannahclear
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
It's laying on the table behind your ingredients. Just click on it.

I did find that, but now I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Do I have to stop waving it after I start? I'm a fail at Potions thus far.

kwanatic
04-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I did find that, but now I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Do I have to stop waving it after I start? I'm a fail at Potions thus far.

It took me about 10 tries before I got it right. :D

For the boils potion, make sure you're following the instructions. I'm a dummy and was dumping all of the ingredients in at once instead of going by the book. The only thing you add is the 4 measures of snake fangs after you've ground them up. Then heat the cauldron for 10 secs. If you've done it right, after you wave the wand the notice should pop up and say the potion needs to brew.

agalisgv
04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I did the boils potion over and over, and turned out I wasn't using snake fangs the whole time :shuffle:.

I also found out the time you take reading the instructions can time you out for brewing.

Gil-Galad
04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I did the boils potion over and over, and turned out I wasn't using snake fangs the whole time :shuffle:.

I also found out the time you take reading the instructions can time you out for brewing.

Which are the snake fangs, the little white things in the bag?

And I always run out of time... :mad:

And where are all the other Gryffindors here? What is it with Ravenclaw?

shsocu
04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
It took me a couple of times to realize that I didn't have to wave the wand. If you just click on it once it does the waving on its own.

I found the pictures of the ingredients on the left hand side of the recipe book to be very helpful :)