PDA

View Full Version : JK Rowling's Pottermore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

cygnus
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
RiverKnight947

Redwood with phoenix feather core, 10 3/4, unyielding. Weird, because the wood description and I have nothing in common. (I thought the Wand Woods chapter was fascinating.)

Slytherin. The only reason I would ever pass Potions is because Snape is protector of Slytherin.

Was it standard to ask for preference between two as the last question?

I think it only asks for a preference between two if your answers result in a tie (or close result) -between 2 houses. I wasn't given a choice. my daughter was- (Hufflepuff or Gryffindor- she picked Gryffindor)

galaxygirl
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Probably a dumb question, but do you have to be online at the same time to duel?

kwanfan1818
04-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow, I didn't realize the other houses had such extensive welcomes. Gryffindor's is rather terse :shuffle:

That's because he stuck to, "We are great" and left out the "Why everyone else sucks" snark.

I think it only asks for a preference between two if your answers result in a tie (or close result) -between 2 houses. I wasn't given a choice. my daughter was- (Hufflepuff or Gryffindor- she picked Gryffindor)

I wonder if anyone was asked to choose between Slytherin and Hufflepuff.

nerdycool
04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyone wanna duel :saint:?I think I need to practice a bit more before I duel you anymore... :P My self-esteem is taking a beating. But at least I did get that one win in.

Probably a dumb question, but do you have to be online at the same time to duel?Nope. It shows up in your notifications next time you log in.

agalisgv
04-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Probably a dumb question, but do you have to be online at the same time to duel? No, so feel free to challenge me to a duel anytime :D
But at least I did get that one win in. It's kinda fun, innit :rollin:?

IceAlisa
04-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Pottermore is weird on my iPhone. Keeps kicking me off and asking to sign back in. I better wait until I have computer access. I did friend everyone who requested though. :)

galaxygirl
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
So I don't have to worry about everybody being in bed when I want to duel. Excellent. :) I've already had somebody challenge me to a duel, I'll accept the challenge tonight. :)

kwanatic
04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm up for dueling if you want to (PumpkinNewt5946)...I kinda suck at it right now!:lol: I think I've won one out of close to 10-15 duels so far:slinkaway. I need to practice a bit...but it's still fun!

I want to win a few to give Hufflepuff some points. We're in last place...:(

I have literally been on this site all day long! It's going to be really difficult to get stuff done now! All I'll want to do is making potions and get my butt kicked at dueling all day! :rollin:

I stopped at the end of Chapter 10. From what I understand only the first book is available at this time so I figure I better not rush through it in one day...probably by the end of the week though. ;)

brina
04-17-2012, 10:05 PM
I like how the Slytherin welcome letter offers you some consolation by informing you that Merlin, in fact, was a Slytherin.

The irony is that if you genuinely find this to be a plus, you probably belong in Slytherin.

rfisher
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Ravenclaw. Drat I knew I should have chosen the left and dusk and probably that stupid drum. Oh, well. I'm unsuccessfully trying to make that potion. Dropping those snake fangs just right is a PITA and I don't know where my wand is to wave around. I'll probably spend the rest of the night until I figure it out.

galaxygirl
04-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Ravenclaw. Drat I knew I should have chosen the left and dusk and probably that stupid drum. Oh, well. I'm unsuccessfully trying to make that potion. Dropping those snake fangs just right is a PITA and I don't know where my wand is to wave around. I'll probably spend the rest of the night until I figure it out.

I choose the left but I don't remember the dusk or the drum. Can you remind me of the other choices?

Your wand is on the right side of the table, behind your ingredients. Just click on it and it'll wave by itself.

kwanfan1818
04-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Dawn and Dusk.

I don't remember a drum...

Amy L
04-17-2012, 10:55 PM
I just blew up my cauldron. :lol: I did pretty well with the boil cure, so I tried the awakening potion. I couldn't keep the bottle of dried billywig stings upright and I spilled the whoooolllle thing all over the counter. Now I'm out a cauldron and 5 house points. uuhhh.... sorry Slytherin!!

galaxygirl
04-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Dawn and Dusk.

I don't remember a drum...

Thanks. I chose dawn, then. I'm not sure why since I'm not a big fan of mornings. Probably becaue it means the potential arrival of the sun and I'm about sick to death of clouds. :mad:

Amy L
04-17-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't remember a dawn and dusk, but I did have a moon or stars. I chose stars.. the moon is just right there, how boring. :lol: