PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 6 August 3/4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

slicekw
08-05-2011, 01:50 AM
He couldn't have said it more like "When you dance with abandon, you are amazing."
Putz.

FiveRinger
08-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Shut up Nigel. Was it really necessary to get one final zinger in on Caitlyn before sending her home?

I am not home yet...what did he say?

Tesla
08-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Wow! The sound mixing is terrible. You can barely hear her.

ETA I don't know if that performance will do her any favors.

my little pony
08-05-2011, 02:00 AM
katie holmes? why must nigel keep forcing her on me

pixie cut
08-05-2011, 02:03 AM
As Pia Toscano sang a bug flew into the TV set trying to off itself.

kwanfan1818
08-05-2011, 02:10 AM
I was burning a bunch of the routines to disk today, and I know she'll be sent home, but I'm starting to think that Caitlyn, based on three very strong ballroom routines, might be the single strongest woman outside her genre, and I think among the men, Tadd fits the bill. I usually don't like showy dancers, but they really sparkle in anything timeless or retro.

slicekw
08-05-2011, 02:13 AM
katie holmes? why must nigel keep forcing her on me

Amen. The only interesting thing about her is that her daughter has amazing style.

uyeahu
08-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Caitlynn didn't get nearly enough credit for doing so much ballroom with actual real ballroom choreography and making it look good. :blah:

Allen
08-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Caitlynn didn't get nearly enough credit for doing so much ballroom with actual real ballroom choreography and making it look good. :blah:

You know, I wanted the final to be Sasha and Melanie, but I feel like Caitlyn got a raw deal tonight. Nigel was such a douchebag to her.

LadyGray
08-05-2011, 02:22 AM
In the same way Jess didn't get enough credit for doing hip hop that looked like actual hip hop, with actual swagger. Jess and Caitlynn totally :wuzrobbed

However, woohoo for Tadd ending a 6 season drought of Filipinos in the finale :cheer2: Lumpia all around!

Holley Calmes
08-05-2011, 02:28 AM
You know, I wanted the final to be Sasha and Melanie, but I feel like Caitlyn got a raw deal tonight. Nigel was such a douchebag to her.

Oh gee. What a shocker. Melanie, Sasha, Marco and Tadd in the finale. I'm floored! Just amazed!

Could've told you 6 weeks ago that's how it'd turn out. The only reason for me to watch next week is for Joshua and Mark! And Robert! Otherwise....blah.

Cheylana
08-05-2011, 02:28 AM
I am not home yet...what did he say?
Right before the big reveal, Cat asked Nigel for final thoughts. He says Caitlyn dances with her head, but Melanie dances with her heart and Sasha dances with her soul. Now really, Caitlyn is about to be eliminated; he couldn't let her go out on a better note?

FiveRinger
08-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Right before the big reveal, Cat asked Nigel for final thoughts. He says Caitlyn dances with her head, but Melanie dances with her heart and Sasha dances with her soul. Now really, Caitlyn is about to be eliminated; he couldn't let her go out on a better note?

Nigel is such an ass. I almost don't care who wins this season. It's been an over-manipulated mess from the beginning.

And besides, winning this show is overrated. Losing seems to be more profitable.

barbk
08-05-2011, 04:22 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/arts/dance/so-you-think-you-can-judge-dance-shows.html?pagewanted=2

NY Pro Dancers talk about SYTYCD. My favorite quote: "But following the contestant Marko Germar’s impassioned contemporary number, the group was surprised to see both him and Lady Gaga in tears.

“This is totally for ratings,” Mr. Rue said as Mr. Germar’s eyes watered.

“Who wants to hire somebody like that — that’s going to cry every time they have to do an emotional piece?” Ms. Peck asked."

kwanfan1818
08-05-2011, 05:17 AM
I think she was much better at that than at contemporary... She would make a lovely ingenue on Broadway, but it would have to be a revival.