PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 6 August 3/4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

reckless
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I thought she had a hip hop, jazz and cha cha. It was pretty even that season, I thought. Lacey had v. Waltz, lindy hop and jazz; Danny had V. Waltz, cha cha and contemporary; and Neil had hip hop, lindy hop and contemporary.

I think that's right, but Sabra's one dance in her style was the much-maligned foxes routine, iirc. Meanwhile Danny and Neil got the dueling princes routine, and Lacey got lindy hop.

kwanfan1818
08-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Not all ballet people think like the mixed-genre group of dancers reported in the NYTimes earlier in this thread. At the very end of an excellent review from the Vail International Dance Festival, Alice Kaderlan wrote:

Besides the five world premieres and an appearance by the Trey McIntyre Project, during the Festival’s second and final week Woetzel has programmed an evening-long “Ballroom Spectacular” as well as a “Dance TV” show featuring performers from “So You Think You Can Dance," “Dancing with the Stars,” and “America’s Best Dance Crew.” Woetzel says he feels the TV dance phenomenon is too big to ignore. Based on the reception on Friday night to the two ballroom numbers on the program, it appears he’s right. Apart from “Lil Buck” Riley, international ballroom stars Liana Churilova and Emmanuel Pierre-Antoine got the biggest cheers of the evening.

http://crosscut.com/2011/08/10/arts/21183/A-dance-showcase-in-the-Colorado-mountains/

Damien Woetzel was a long-time Principal Dancer with New York City Ballet.

LadyGray
08-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks for posting that, kwanfan1818. I've seen a video of that same guy doing that same Saint-saens routine with a live accompaniment by Yo Yo Ma.