PDA

View Full Version : Article on new US dance team of Madison Hubbell & Zach Donohue

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sylvia
07-28-2011, 05:26 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110727&content_id=22378098&vkey=ice_news

tlk
07-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for posting that! I'm looking forward to seeing them skate.

kirkbiggestfan
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
"Massimo is very good to work with because he was just [competing] last season, he's done all the things you need to with the [judging] rules. He's great at being the guy and the girl in the situation" :D

reese
07-28-2011, 06:22 PM
aw man, something about their tone in this article makes me think they'll be dating within the end of the year and therefore broken up as a dance team in under 2 years or so. Hope I'm wrong.

missysays
07-28-2011, 11:15 PM
"Before, people might have thought our programs were a little inappropriate, even if we weren't trying to portray loving characters," Madison said. "If you were to watch the Shibutanis [world bronze medalists Maia and Alexander] one of their strong suits is the ability to portray characters that don't seem inappropriate for a brother and sister. I think I had a harder time with that. I've really enjoyed exploring those new aspects."

"I think it's easier for her to relax a little more, get into the character of the program, with me not being her brother," Donohue said. "You look at some [sibling] teams -- the Zaretskis, the Kerrs -- they are a bit limited in the range of the programs they can do. We can do virtually anything."

It's interesting that Madison seems to have been aware of the criticism that people had voiced in the past about the Hubbells' artistic interpretation. I hope this team allows her to grow as an artist in a way that's more natural for her.

dancefan17
07-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Well, their short dance tonight was just spectacular. Maddie seems relaxed and happy and their skating was smokin hot! They are really well matched-- skating closely together and looking very polished. Zachary has stepped it up...would love to see them get SA.

LadyGray
07-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Well, their short dance tonight was just spectacular. Maddie seems relaxed and happy and their skating was smokin hot! They are really well matched-- skating closely together and looking very polished. Zachary has stepped it up...would love to see them get SA.

Thanks for the review. Hope to see a video soon!

UMBS Go Blue
07-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Well, their short dance tonight was just spectacular. Maddie seems relaxed and happy and their skating was smokin hot!WHEE!!! :watch: :saint:

LilJen
07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
"Before, people might have thought our programs were a little inappropriate, even if we weren't trying to portray loving characters," Madison said.
:lol: Understatement of the year?

Good luck to Madison and Zach!

Sylvia
07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, their short dance tonight was just spectacular. Maddie seems relaxed and happy and their skating was smokin hot! They are really well matched-- skating closely together and looking very polished.
Hubbell/Donohue won Senior Short Dance Group A with a score of 50.24.

Conga
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
:lol: Understatement of the year?

Yes, but IMO that was a coaching/choreography issue as well as Madison's performance issue. I am happy for her and look forward to seeing this team, but will miss He-Hubbell. (Now that the rumor about him teaming up with Gilles has been put to rest).

DORISPULASKI
07-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Perhaps he-Hubbell will end up with Emily Samuelson--at least I hope so.

Ziggy
07-29-2011, 06:45 PM
They look beautiful together. :)

Rob
07-29-2011, 07:49 PM
They look beautiful together. :)

Yes they do!

hockeyplayer2
07-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Yes they do!

:smokin:
http://photography.ice-dance.com/2011-12/2011LPIDC/Sr/SD/A/11LPIDC-SrSDA-7469-HD-LC.jpg.php