PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the ladies Grand Prix Final?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Ziggy
07-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I am betting on Tuktamysheva having a quite consistent 3axel in addition to her 3/3s next season and winning the whole thing.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I think Asada is done.

Although I probably should have more belief in Nobuo Sato.

antmanb
07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Well, I'm gutted that Joanne Conway lost the British title to Emma Murdoch during the 1989-90 season; there are some things one just has to live with. ;)

:rofl:

Macassar88
07-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I still have belief that if Mao can fix her edges and her rotation issues (I know it's a lot, but Sato is shooting for 2014, so we'll probably start to see a little progress soon and much more progress in 2013 and 2014) she can definitely be a factor for a medal.

BTW, besides the triple lutz triple toe, what others 3/3's does Tuktamysheva have?

Amy03
07-26-2011, 05:58 PM
I am betting on Tuktamysheva having a quite consistent 3axel in addition to her 3/3s next season and winning the whole thing.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I think Asada is done.

Although I probably should have more belief in Nobuo Sato.

how can you say she is done when she proved everyone wrong and showed to incredible performances at nationals and 4cc!!!

and even a "done" Asada is still better the the rest of the field just compare mao's score at worlds where her psychical condition was horrible with the highest score someone like Tuktmashewa had scored and you will see that even when mao is in horrible condition she is still better then most of the others.
especially now that she has had more time to adjust to all her changes, I really wouldn't rule her out, she really is one scary competitor...

miki88
07-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Interesting to see the disparity between the votes given to Adelina and Liza, although I do feel Adelina is the better competitor as of now.

As for Mao, I just hope she comes back and prove her doubters wrong. :P

judgejudy27
07-26-2011, 06:22 PM
how can you say she is done when she proved everyone wrong and showed to incredible performances at nationals and 4cc!!!

If her incredible performances these days cant even beat Miki Ando then that isnt exactly promising.

Jenna
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
If her incredible performances these days cant even beat Miki Ando then that isnt exactly promising.

Miki Ando is world champion, so I don't quite understand your thinking.

miki88
07-26-2011, 07:25 PM

ITA. Miki's performances beat everyone last season including Yuna.

Lookingood
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Im more curious about who will makes it to Grand prix Final in this year then Winner for now. Will Asada going to make it to final this year?

MikiAndoFan#1
07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I think it's too early too tell, but I want Mao to win. :D

kia_4EverOnIce
07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
I think it's too early, but I voted on Adelina, doing like Mao 2005/06 season!

judgejudy27
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM

Kim skating incredibly would crush Ando. The Russian youngsters will too if they pan out as good as expected. So if Asada skating incredibly (previous posters words, not mine) cant even beat Ando anymore then that only further indicates how much trouble she is in going forward.

b-man
07-26-2011, 10:35 PM
I know there is no direct correlation of scores from one competition to another. Yet Mao has a combined international personal best of 205, Mirai at 190, Kostner at 184, Czisny and flatt at 182. Sotnikova has slightly under 179. We all know any of the top skaters can have a bad day, but I can't see Sotnikova jumping over all these veterans.

judgejudy27
07-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I would say those scores are deceiving to a point. Do you really believe Flatt would beat Sotnikova with both skating their best for instance. Juniors scores tend to be lower.

Amy03
07-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Kim skating incredibly would crush Ando. The Russian youngsters will too if they pan out as good as expected. So if Asada skating incredibly (previous posters words, not mine) cant even beat Ando anymore then that only further indicates how much trouble she is in going forward.

Mao skated two incredible programs at 4cc but she still had mistakes and therefor didn't deliever her best, had she made just one or two less mistakes she would have won that competition.
the same could be said about Kim if she didn't make those mistakes at worlds she would have won. but since neither asada nor kim where in there best condition last season so ando winning with two totally clean performance doesn't indicate anything.