PDA

View Full Version : The Streaker at the Sun Valley Ice Show

Pages : [1] 2

A.H.Black
07-24-2011, 06:09 AM
I hadn't seen a thread about this.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005137631

My favorite part -
The streaker has been described as a man in his mid-20s, but no one interviewed for this story could provide a description of his face.

ryanbfan
07-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Haha, I'd be laughing but if I were a child I'd be mortified.

Ozzisk8tr
07-24-2011, 09:45 AM
I hadn't seen a thread about this.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005137631

My favorite part -

Mid 20's, that's pretty big. Like a baby's arm holding an orange.

Athena
07-24-2011, 06:01 PM
I posted a shorter version of the news in Evan't news and update thread a week ago.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74062&page=36

The streaker surely attracted a lot more media exposure than the real star of the show. :lol: Maybe it's just like what Donald Trump said, "There's no such thing as Over Exposure". :scream:

skatemommy
07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
From what I remember about the SV rink is that he had a way to go to get to the condos! I can't believe he didn't slip on the ice in flip flops. Musta been a curler ;)

Allen
07-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I had to laugh that they included a definition of the word "streaker" in the article.

KCC
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Haha, I'd be laughing but if I were a child I'd be mortified.

I was there. In my area, the parents were mortified, but the little girls were laughing hysterically and snapping pictures. It was funny, but not an especially pretty sight. Just glad no one fell (since there were a lot of people on the ice at that time) and that security did not chase him onto the ice.

orbitz
07-25-2011, 07:41 PM
From what I remember about the SV rink is that he had a way to go to get to the condos! I can't believe he didn't slip on the ice in flip flops. Musta been a curler ;)

Boy, he must have ran pretty slow across the ice on flip flops. That means that everyone in the audience had plenty of time to see everyting. EVERYTHING. :rofl:

A.H.Black
07-26-2011, 05:15 AM
I was there. In my area, the parents were mortified, but the little girls were laughing hysterically and snapping pictures. It was funny, but not an especially pretty sight. Just glad no one fell (since there were a lot of people on the ice at that time) and that security did not chase him onto the ice.

I think if I had been there, I would have been mildly disgusted myself. I figured people would take pictures and videos. That's why I'm a little surprised that no one has a description of his face.

REO
07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess no one was looking at his face. What about the pix the little girls snapped? No one got a face shot? lmao

allezfred
07-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I was there. In my area, the parents were mortified, but the little girls were laughing hysterically and snapping pictures.

Sounds like the parents and children I know. PML. :rofl: :rofl:

peibeck
07-26-2011, 10:25 PM
:rofl: A streaker? What is this 1974??? :P

I could understand it as a publicity stunt if it were a major event, like Worlds. But a Sun Valley Ice show? That seems rather random. :lol:

Jaana
07-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Although a streaker appearing in the ice show is seen as a laughing matter, itīs also very serious. It definetely shows a very lacking security in the event. And the streaker was not even caught, oh my. Yes, this time it was just a funny streaker running onto the ice, but what about if it had been somebody with a gun?

SkateFan66
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Dan Hollander posted a video of the Sun Valley streaker on his blog:

http://danhollander.com/sun-valley-alissa-czisny-and-evan-lysacek/

orbitz
07-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Although a streaker appearing in the ice show is seen as a laughing matter, itīs also very serious. It definetely shows a very lacking security in the event. And the streaker was not even caught, oh my. Yes, this time it was just a funny streaker running onto the ice, but what about if it had been somebody with a gun?

No type of security measure could weed out potential streaker at any event. What would you be screening for? It think it's harmless anyway, provided of course the streaker doesn't directly intefere with a skater's performance. For more serious things like carrying a gun, I would hope that the big event venues have the customers go through some sort of checkpoints before entering the venues.