PDA

View Full Version : The Streaker at the Sun Valley Ice Show

Pages : 1 [2]

orbitz
07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Dan Hollander posted a video of the Sun Valley streaker on his blog:

http://danhollander.com/sun-valley-alissa-czisny-and-evan-lysacek/

Oi, I didn't realize the streaker ran out on the ice right in the middle of the group performance. One of the male skaters could've tackle him.

Jasmar
07-28-2011, 01:16 AM
For more serious things like carrying a gun, I would hope that the big event venues have the customers go through some sort of checkpoints before entering the venues.

The rink in Sun Valley (for shows) is outdoors. I haven't been there in years, but there was never any security when I used to go every summer. Maybe things have changed since then, and they now establish some kind of perimeter around the area through which everyone must pass, but the layout of the area isn't exactly conducive to security.

And there is a big cluster of condos within a hundred yards of the rink.

My old dance partner was there to judge for the tests, and was planning on going to the show. Can't wait to hear his take on it.

KCC
07-30-2011, 06:28 PM
There was no real security at this event, but this show attracts a mild-mannered crowd, even for figure skating. Not sure what the girls captured on film, most likely a butt (given where we were seated). Those seated on the sides of the rink got more of a frontal view, which is just not something you want to see on ice. My guess is that this guy won a bet with someone, but there is not enough alcohol or money in the world for me to subject a crowd to that kind of visual. Honestly, it reminded me of some kind of "Pee-wee Herman" sort of stunt -- startling at the time, but not anything one would feel they missed out on if they were on a coffee run at the time.

Jot the Dot Dot
07-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Where is the line drawn between streaker and stalker? Remember the attack on Monica Seles? The potentials frighten me.

gkelly
07-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Where is the line drawn between streaker and stalker?

Clothing.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know you were making a serious point.)

REO
07-31-2011, 11:34 PM
This guy had nowhere to conceal a weapon! lol
It is a little frightening though. There are alot of whackos in the world.