PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga on Ice declaim against ISU:they make figure skating losing its beauty

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Justathoughtabl
07-26-2011, 04:18 AM
I hope that in future interviews Johnny can be more specific about the changes he wants to see in the way skating is judged. Itís clear that heís not thrilled with how it is right now, but if he can make specific and realistic suggestions, it can help further the conversation on how IJS is evolving.
Has he been more articulate in the past? There have definitely been times when Johnny has responded really thoughtfully about skating.

This was a translation of a translation, so it's hard to know how articulate he was. He's certainly not the first person to criticize the way programs are scored, though, or to say that some of the artistry has been lost.

luCN
07-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Everyone who goes out on the ice is fighting for medals, trying to get a personal best score, winning money, gaining points whatever....

You may not like his style but Plushenko is no different then other skaters in that regard. No one goes to a competition wanting 7th place in lieu of a medal just to be called an artist. Unless they are a skater who would have never medaled in the first place.

Don't get me wrong~I don't say he shouldn't chase for medals,I just want him to skate to better choreographed programs,notice atristy more when he's skating.after all,the word "figure skating" contain the word "art" in many languages.and art and points are not totally opposite IMO.Daisuka and some others can do it,why not Plushenko?

luCN
07-26-2011, 06:24 AM
I hope that in future interviews Johnny can be more specific about the changes he wants to see in the way skating is judged. Itís clear that heís not thrilled with how it is right now, but if he can make specific and realistic suggestions, it can help further the conversation on how IJS is evolving.
Has he been more articulate in the past? There have definitely been times when Johnny has responded really thoughtfully about skating.

It's not his fault IMO.you know,his interviews nowadays mainly concern about his personal life and fashion project.Jounalists want to interview him because he's famous and weird as ladygaga.sometimes they ask the question about Johnny's attitude to the system or the WC's result,but they just want a "buzz" like "Lady Gaga on Ice declaim against ISU","Ladygaga on Ice said COP kills figure skating" etc...they don't care about COP at all,and don't want to write about what should COP change.that's why you think Johnny is not as thoughtfully as before.now he is treated as a pop star,not a sportsman anymore.

shine
07-26-2011, 06:25 AM
This was a translation of a translation, so it's hard to know how articulate he was. He's certainly not the first person to criticize the way programs are scored, though, or to say that some of the artistry has been lost.

The thing about Johnny complaining about lost artistry is kind of a foot in the mouth. I mean, he's never been my cup of tea, but as of late his programs have just been crap. Does he really think he brings much artistry to the sport as of late anyway?

julieann
07-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Don't get me wrong~I don't say he shouldn't chase for medals,I just want him to skate to better choreographed programs,notice atristy more when he's skating.after all,the word "figure skating" contain the word "art" in many languages.and art and points are not totally opposite IMO.Daisuka and some others can do it,why not Plushenko?

He could change his choreography 100 times and you still may not like it; 'art' is very subjective. The word 'figure skating' should even exist anymore since getting rid of school figures; and as great as Daisuka may be, if everyone looked like him, this would be a very boring sport.

mmscfdcsu
07-26-2011, 04:26 PM
The thing about Johnny complaining about lost artistry is kind of a foot in the mouth. I mean, he's never been my cup of tea, but as of late his programs have just been crap. Does he really think he brings much artistry to the sport as of late anyway?

I miss his old short programs such as Rondo Cappriccoso and Valse Triste. It has been pretty much down hill for me since then.

sunnydays
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Beauty is subjective.

Yeah, I heard some people marry fat nerds.... :scream:

What ISU should do to keep FS beautiful... :confused:

marbri
07-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I heard some people marry fat nerds.... :scream:

:confused: