PDA

View Full Version : Gedevanshvili in Toronto

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jaana
07-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I would like to see her dye the hair to earlier colour, blond does not look good on her, IMO. If she does not succeed with Orser, maybe it´s time to retire? Does she come from a wealthy family, because I don´t think that her results pay for coaches, etc.?

reut
07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
AFAIK she is not blond any more.

Iceman
07-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Are there no other women in her country who skate and compete against her to represent
that country? You would think after 5 years on the scene she would have some competition. She showed such promise at her first Olympics, that I, like others, have been disappointed she hasn't done better. I hope with Brian she will make better musical choices and costume (and hair lol) decisions. IMO she has been rather on the "tacky" side for too long a time.

TheIronLady
07-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Um, she has grown quite a bit since her first Olympics. I'm not talking height or width. She is the most well endowed lady out there, and I think she has been exceeding expectations with her jumps. Maybe Orser can share with her secrets he learned from Katarina.

Iceman
07-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Yes, IronLady, I keep expecting centrifugal force to result in odd things when she jumps and spins. lol

kwanette
07-19-2011, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=Iceman;3239878]Are there no other women in her country who skate and compete against her to represent
that country? You would think after 5 years on the scene she would have some competition.QUOTE]

Kevin van der Perren.

Proustable
07-20-2011, 02:06 AM
Mr. or Mrs? McCorkell certainly doesn't have much competition either. Julia Sebestyn is another.

Ziggy
07-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Does she come from a wealthy family, because I don´t think that her results pay for coaches, etc.?

She's fully funded by the Georgian Federation.

Are there no other women in her country who skate and compete against her to represent
that country? You would think after 5 years on the scene she would have some competition.

Georgia doesn't have any other skaters at present.

There's no proper training conditions and no coaches either.

Vakhtang Murvanidze and Elene both lived and trained in Russia.

Sayana_mnk
07-20-2011, 06:23 PM
She's fully funded by the Georgian Federation.

Georgia doesn't have any other skaters at present.

There's no proper training conditions and no coaches either.

Vakhtang Murvanidze and Elene both lived and trained in Russia.

Well, it seems Georgia has no senior skaters other than Elene. There was, however, a junior man named Armen Agaian who was sent to junior worlds and finished in last place. I wonder what his training situation is.

Ziggy
07-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Well, it seems Georgia has no senior skaters other than Elene. There was, however, a junior man named Armen Agaian who was sent to junior worlds and finished in last place. I wonder what his training situation is.

Ah, I totally forgot about him.

I didn't count Ani Lominadze and Nino Abashidze, who competed at 2010 Junior Worlds because it was their first and only competition.

Hopefully that won't be the case with Agaian (2011 Junior Worlds was his first event).

As for skating conditions, when Elene got expelled from Russia and arrived in Georgia, she was only doing off-ice training because there wasn't a working ice rink. :/

Hopefully that's not the case any more.

Dragonlady
07-20-2011, 07:27 PM
As for skating conditions, when Elene got expelled from Russia and arrived in Georgia, she was only doing off-ice training because there wasn't a working ice rink. :/

Hopefully that's not the case any more.

Doesn't this situation violate the ISU rule which says that a country has to have an ice rink in order to qualify for ISU membership? This was a big sticking point in the Puerto Rico membership bid.

Tinami Amori
07-20-2011, 09:13 PM
As for skating conditions, when Elene got expelled from Russia and arrived in Georgia.....

But you do know the real story.....;) (I am sorry, in advance, that Russia is bigger than Poland, and visited your lands on few historic occasions, but that's no reason to twist facts)....

Elene was not “expelled from Russia”….

Russia and Georgia, as many know, are now separate countries. Elene had a Residence Permit to live and train in Russia, but her mother did not, yet she, her mother wanted to stay with Elene.

The Mother frowned on the proper Russia immigration procedures, claiming they are too long and too complex, and obtained an illegal (fake) residence permit. Later she claimed she was cheated by a company who guaranteed her legitimate paperwork, which is a complete B.S…. Nobody who spends 1 day in Russia believes that a “private company” can issue a Legal Residence permit…. And if they can…. It’s still through illegal methods of bribery…

The Mother was asked to leave Russia due to lack of proper papers and residence document fraud, and Elene threw a hissey fit about “evil Russia” and left with her Mother….

:D

olifaunt
07-20-2011, 09:59 PM
How old was Elene at the time? 16, right? I really wouldn't blame her for having a "hissy fit" over her mother getting thrown out of the country, regardless of circumstance.

Iceman
07-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Elene at Miami Beach

http://www.gedevanishvili.ru/photos/soc_el_ged47.jpg

Nune
07-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow, how sweet she is !