PDA

View Full Version : Dube and Wolfe?? Comments??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

sequins
01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Oddly enough I glanced at their LP at work last night with no sound, someone had it on, and I thought wow they skated well, and they did but then later I took a closer look with the sound on and I prefer it without:shuffle:. Sure they did it but it's like whatever, bland:yawn:. I doubt they'll place well at Worlds, It's a pity M-T/M had such a disaster but I'd still consider sending them or at least waiting until Four Continents but I highly doubt that'll happen. Maybe I'm still bitter about Bryce but I just don't really care for this team, I just don't see it, or don't want to.

nlyoung
01-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Oddly enough I glanced at their LP at work last night with no sound, someone had it on, and I thought wow they skated well, and they did but then later I took a closer look with the sound on and I prefer it without:shuffle:. Sure they did it but it's like whatever, bland:yawn:. I doubt they'll place well at Worlds, It's a pity M-T/M had such a disaster but I'd still consider sending them or at least waiting until Four Continents but I highly doubt that'll happen. Maybe I'm still bitter about Bryce but I just don't really care for this team, I just don't see it, or don't want to.

Once D/W improve on the difficulty they have the potential to be a much stronger team than the other two. M-T/M and L/S have tricks, but the skating in between just doesn't seem as smooth. This was a criticism I used to have of D/B as well, though Radforth seems to have smoothed her out considerably (or maybe it's that he's so pretty it's distracting...)

sequins
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
True. I just liked D/D so much I guess I'm bitter. I'm not that keen on L/S anyway. They're cute but...Agree that Eric has helped Megan immensely. I liked Craig Buntin a lot but he and Megan didn't appeal to me but now I like her and Eric and am really happy for them.

shan
01-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I thought D/W skated well, but their program was zzzzz and empty. That said, they landed their elements.

luna_skater
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
I loved D/W. Sebastian has some work to do, which will just come with more training and experience. But I thought Jess looked more inspired than she had in a looong time when she had been skating with Bryce. The improvement from fall until now is amazing. I think they have so much room to grow, along with L/S, whereas I think M-T/M may max out their potential sooner.

flowerpower
01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
I really liked D/W's step sequence in the short program - interweaving close together and well done. Good skating skills there from both of them. Plus it's nice to see the triple twist added since the GP series. They have made a lot of progress over the last few months.

I agree, the long was simple choreographically, but you have to start somewhere. A year ago he had never competed internationally - there's a huge amount for him, and them as a team, to learn. I always liked his singles skating, and was sorry when he aged out of juniors in pairs skating. It looked like that was the end of his skating career, when he had so much potential.

Assuming that both D/W and L/S go to Four Continents, I'm wondering if SC will take the results of that comp into account as well in deciding the second pairs team for Worlds (as they've suggested they are doing for ladies).

Andora
01-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I find them really boring. However, Jessica seems to present with more power than she used to.

I'm not putting much stock into Jessica's newfound inspiration yet. If this continues next season, I'll be impressed.

fsfann
01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
I felt that D&W should have been in 3rd and 4th, even though they were slightly cleaner. I was very disappointed for both L&S & MT&M... I think we would have had a much better shot at getting 3 pairs for next year if L&S or MT & M were the 2nd team going to Worlds...

Canadask8er
01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
I thought the Canadian pairs was awesome last night in how close all the teams were. It reminds me of back in the Brasseur and Eisler era when we also had Hough/Ladret, Ball/Wirtz, Menizes/Bomardier, Johnson/Landry, Ball/Bombardier, Higgins/Rice, etc etc when a lot of our pairs were international level skaters and trying so hard to make that World team!! We have great depth in our pairs! I felt bad for M-T/M (I used to compete against Dylan in my skating career!) but felt great for D/R for hitting their stride and keeping it together for both of their programs. My internet is messing up.... so I haven't been able to look at their protocols... in the CTV broadcast they said they landed sbs 3lutzes.... am i the only one who thought those were flips with a slight outside edge take off??

I also like how D/W kinda of silenced some of the ppl on this board and made the World team. It angers me when ppl out athletes down when they have NO idea how those remarks affect people.... and have NO right to say such things! GO D/W!!

Jenifer
01-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Given the amount they've improved since the GP, I'm optimistic about what Jessica and Sebastien will look like with another two months of training under their belts. The SP was much more interesting than their FS, but both were quite solid. And Jess's salchow in the SP was very, very solid.

The international judges seem to have taken to D&W as well and their current SB is 5 points higher than L&S. While I love Paige and Rudi, I can't think of any objective reason why they would be more likely to help Canada secure 3 spots next year. MTM have higher scores, but may have peaked too early again this year and skated dismally here.

I like the fight that D&W have shown and am really pleased to see Jessica looking much happier than the recent past. She's taken a lot of negativity (justified or not) but has persevered. I think that's admirable.

Proustable
01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
For a partnership that's a few months old, not that bad at all. They were never gonna be V/T, but they could be on their way to challenge for top 2 at Canadians and earn a spot at worlds. Will be interested to see how they do at the Quebec summer competition in a few weeks.

Think you can lend out that crystal ball?

AragornElessar
01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
I'll repeat what I said last night in the D/D thread that FSWer started...

If you'd told me back in October when watching SC and Jessica and Sebastien for the first time that w/how rough and shaky they were then, they'd put out the SP and FP they did this weekend, then I'd be wondering about the person who said that. WOW!!

Yes, they've got stuff to work on, but it's also only their first year out and they're still figuring things out. True, the FP music doesn't do them any favours whatsoever, but they still skated the Hell out of it last night.

So *very* impressed w/how far Jessica and Sebastien have come in such a short time. Congratulations to them on their fantastic Canadians and I wish them all the best going to Worlds. :)

steph28
01-27-2012, 12:14 AM
I was really pleased by Dubé and Wolfe at canadians! It is a very good beginning for such a young team!

Japanfan
01-27-2012, 12:43 AM
I quite like D&W. They are a competent Canadian pair and I think Jessica looks much happier and lighter now. P&L are also competent, but I prefer D&W.

B&B the junior championships are the brightest light in Canadian pairs now, IMO. D&R did have a spectacular skate at Nationals but if all the pairs skate their best at worlds, they would place fourth or fifth. I think this is as good as it gets for D&R, and there's nothing shabby about it.

But it seems we're due for a star Canadian pair like B&E or S&P, we get about one every 10 years. And D&R don't fit that bill.

sequins
01-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Agree B&B are the bright lights. We do seem to get that pair every 10 or so years don't we? But I must say in between those years our pairs are always very competent and reliable and D&R are that. Who knows if other pairs don't bring it and they do a bronze could be possible at Worlds.