PDA

View Full Version : Dube and Wolfe?? Comments??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

euterpe
10-01-2011, 12:09 AM
The music is great. It's the disjointed, messy skating that's the problem.

Ziggy
10-01-2011, 03:17 AM
There is NO way Sebastien is taller than Bryce judging from the video. People do lie about their height from time to time.:confused:

That.

He's barely taller than her.

I'm just sending thought waves..( go to Gauthier..go to Gauthier..):P

No, because then they will become decent and my poor, weak heart will not handle having to watch Jessica Dube compete for the next X years. :drama:

On the other hand, the music they chose and the choreography of that program are a definite cure for insomnia:o.

Choreography maybe but you didn't just call Phillip Glass's music that. :lynch:

flowerpower
10-01-2011, 03:32 AM
^
From seeing him on other occasions, I'd say Sebastien's a couple of inches taller than Bryce.

So if Bryce is 5'10", Sebastien would be about 6' tall.

mapleleaf
10-01-2011, 04:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNuc5xQY9A

They need a lot of work, a lot.

robinhood
10-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Choreography maybe but you didn't just call Phillip Glass's music that. :lynch:

I did! Didn't know it was music by him, so sorry for all the Glass Lovers...

btw, I've played one of his string quartets. I still don't get the greatness of it at all and for me there's much better contemporary music out there but I respect your taste, guys:P

mag
10-01-2011, 05:26 PM
^
From seeing him on other occasions, I'd say Sebastien's a couple of inches taller than Bryce.

So if Bryce is 5'10", Sebastien would be about 6' tall.

IMHO Bryce is 5'10" only in his platform boots. When I stood next to him he was shorter than me. In my experience, any man who is between 5'8" and 5'9 1/2", rounds his height up to 5'10"....Not that it really matters at this point. Whether Sebastien is 5'11" or 6' is not going to make or break this pair.

shutterbug
10-01-2011, 06:21 PM
There is NO way Sebastien is taller than Bryce judging from the video. People do lie about their height from time to time.:confused:
:lol: Actually, yeah, he is taller. Iíve seen the two boys together, and Sebastien has a good couple of inches on Bryce. It doesnít look that way in the video however, I think mainly because Jessica appears to be heavier now than when she was skating with Bryce. Itís surprising how much of a difference that can have on the appearance of relative heights.

Civic
10-02-2011, 02:49 AM
The problem is, Jessica skates with no energy. Zero. She is extremely one-dimensional as a skater. She never shows any passion or artistic flare. I think Camerlengo tried to get some passion out of her with that Requiem For a Dream SP they had in the Olympic year but Jessica failed pretty badly at it...

Someone pointed out to me that she's not very musical either. She just skates through the music. Her musical range is really limited IMO.

If the above is true then she needs a partner who can sell their programs; someone with a lot of flair. Does this describe Sebastian Wolfe?

flowerpower
10-02-2011, 02:58 AM
^
We don't know how they will perform once they are comfortable with the elements and with each other.

Why don't we just wait and see how things shape up over time for these two?

Proustable
10-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Because needless speculation is one of the tentpoles of the internet?

flowerpower
10-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Because needless speculation is one of the tentpoles of the internet?

Very true. :lol:

However, the more negative comments I hear about them before they've even had a chance to get started, the more I find myself cheering for them :P and hoping that they hang in there and eventually :kickass:.

clarie
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
I think I will reserve judgement until they have been together a little longer as I'm sure there are lots of "bugs" to ironed out, and they need time to gel. I think it's a wee bit early to pass judgement and predict what will happen. I wish them well, and hope they have a good showing at Nats.

aftershocks
01-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Bump

D/W really looked good in the sp at Canadians -- lots of improvement. Their styles and builds definitely seem to match well. They were competent and clean in the fp, although probably could have been beaten by L/S and Mt/M had those two teams not faltered a bit under the pressure.

Canadian pairs was very enjoyable. D/R looked like they were floating on air -- so happy to have their dream come true; their hard work reach fruition. I'm interested to check out both D/W and D/R at Worlds. Hope they skate as well there. Must be pretty exciting for Canadian fans to have such great depth in their pairs division.

The Accordion
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Dube Wolfe deserve their place - holding it together while the others faltered. But at this point I find myself wishing that either L and S or MT and M had that 2nd spot because I find them way more enjoyable to watch. It is understandable but D W just seemed so "safe"

Rafter
01-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Dube & Wolfe were completely overmarked at Canadians. Their LP is incredibly bland and very EMPTY choreographically.

Also, I see Jessica still can barely land a 3sal. :shuffle: