PDA

View Full Version : Dube and Wolfe?? Comments??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

flowerpower
07-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Personally I think the situation is more like that of Cody Hay and Annabelle Langlois. She was experienced in senior. He had reasonable experience, but at a lower level and with less skilled partners. It took them about a year to get to matching levels, but it did eventually work out.

Yes, I agree.

Subway
07-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Well I know Wolfe is new to senior and has no where near the experience of Dube but he's a 2 time Jr National silver medalist and did novice the year before that so he does have some experience. I find him lacking in technique. Hopefully Zimmerman can help that ... lord knows Annie and her camp won't. How long had Kirsten Moore-Towers skated pairs prior to her partnership with Dylan Moscovitch? How many years of experience did she have compared to him?

laceup
07-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Good point. she had 1 year of junior pair and I don't think it was a good year for them IIR. Wolfe has a lot more experience than that .....

Rafter
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7-q9f7Okw

Here's their SP from Nebelhorn. Program is very simple choreographically.
Wolfe actually has a nice look on the ice and looks bigger/taller/stronger than Davison. But he clearly has a problem with the lifts. They need to go to an actual pairs coach if they're to progress, but I doubt Jessica will ever leave Barabe.

allezfred
09-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Having seen them at Nebelhorn, there is certainly potential there, but as Rafterfan says he really needs to work on the lifts.

flowerpower
09-29-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7-q9f7Okw

Here's their SP from Nebelhorn.

Thanks for posting. Definitely he needs coaching and practice on the lifts; I give credit to Jessica for landing that throw lutz moments after their aborted lift. Also quite decent side-by-side triple flips. Good potential IMO.

Ideally I'd love to see them with a different coach - but Bryce learned good lift technique in that coaching environment, so it's possible.

They'll need to be patient; their development may take some time. Reminds me of Cody & Anabelle when Cody came up from juniors - there seems to be a steep learning curve when it's the guy who has less experience. Rome wasn't built in a day. I hope Zimmerman's input is useful.

Rafter
09-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for posting. Definitely he needs coaching and practice on the lifts; I give credit to Jessica for landing that throw lutz moments after their aborted lift. Also quite decent side-by-side triple flips. Good potential IMO.

Ideally I'd love to see them with a different coach - but Bryce learned good lift technique in that coaching environment, so it's possible.

Actually Bryce had good lift technique by the time he paired up with Dube. He learned it from his former coach Kevin Wheeler (also Ian Beharry's former coach). Kevin Wheeler himself was coached by Kerry Leitch who was a great lifting coach.

Davison also had supplementary coaching by David Pelletier. I'd credit Wheeler and Pelletier with Bryce's lift technique - not Barabe.

flowerpower
09-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Actually Bryce had good lift technique by the time he paired up with Dube. He learned it from his former coach Kevin Wheeler (also Ian Beharry's former coach). Kevin Wheeler himself was coached by Kerry Leitch who was a great lifting coach.

Interesting. If Sebastien continues to have trouble in this area, they'd better get additional help stat.

icellist
09-29-2011, 07:07 PM
When Dube and Davison were still partners, I always felt that Bryce was the star in the couple. He hold wonderful lines, edges, posture, and ease into most elements except for the twist and lifts. Dube didn't really have his musicality either, she was just a very technically sound partner in my opinion.

All this talk makes me hope that Bryce skate in pairs again with Caitlin Yankowskas. They'll represent whichever organization would fund them more :D

Skate Talker
09-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Might not be that difficult. IIRC Bryce was born in L.A., wasn't he?

Just watched the FS vid and although it is not great that they aborted the lift, I didn't see anything that looked dangerous at least. If he feels there is a problem I would soooo much rather he put her down in a controlled manner than try to muscle it through, especially at this point of their partnership.

maggylyn
09-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Interesting. If Sebastien continues to have trouble in this area, they'd better get additional help stat.

Are aborted lifts invariably the guy's problem?

Sebastien did have a previous partner, it's not like he's never done pairs' skating before. I'm no teknic, mostly wondering if it's the norm for the guy to get all of the blame in these cases.

Ziggy
09-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Are aborted lifts invariably the guy's problem?

Sebastien did have a previous partner, it's not like he's never done pairs' skating before. I'm no teknic, mostly wondering if it's the norm for the guy to get all of the blame in these cases.

Sebastien is very short and he's not particularly muscular either.

Unless he pulls a Hugh Jackman, I don't see how this is going to work.

Which is a shame because Wolfe is lovely and I would like to see as much of him as possible (with another partner preferably :P).

DaveRocks
09-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Might not be that difficult. IIRC Bryce was born in L.A., wasn't he?

Just watched the FS vid and although it is not great that they aborted the lift, I didn't see anything that looked dangerous at least. If he feels there is a problem I would soooo much rather he put her down in a controlled manner than try to muscle it through, especially at this point of their partnership.

Do you have a link to their free skate vid? (Or did you mean SP)? Thanks! :)

flowerpower
09-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Sebastien is very short

??? Are we looking at the same guy?

Rafter
09-30-2011, 01:41 AM
??? Are we looking at the same guy?

I agree. He looks quite a bit taller than Davison to me.