PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga Egged

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

olympic
07-16-2011, 06:10 AM
I want to see what costumes she would come up with if she performed as a figure skater (maybe she already has???) I root for her because she roots for the underdog. I just remember in Madonna in "Truth or Dare" when she told the make up artist that she used to "beat up girls like you." I'm not sure what the like you meant--the woman was heavy and a little too eager to please in my book but then again she was probably making good money. I respected Madonna but never liked her. Gaga's music doesn't thrill but I like the person.

The stories of Madonna's (mis)treatment of fans are legion, but she's probably settled down with age .. and Kabbalah

Reuven
07-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Kabbalah Lite, you mean. ;)

olympic
07-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Kabbalah Lite, you mean. ;)

Yeah. I always got the vibe from that woman that she only did things w/ an eye to how much publicity they would generate for her.

Sasha'sSpins
07-19-2011, 06:51 AM
So in other words, Lady Gaga has stopped stealing from Madonna and is now stealing from Bette Midler. Every time I hear someone tell me how unique LG is, I just laugh.

Not to mention vaudeville and burlesque.

PeterG
07-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Luckily, Madonna and Bette Midler never borrowed from performers before them.

Bev Johnston
07-19-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't think she was egged during the concert - no one takes eggs to concerts...but I can understand why some would find her actions offensive. :rolleyes: at the OP's "lighten up Australians" comment; the article mentions an American organisation (working with those in wheelchairs) also taking offense.

The wheelchair is such a boring and utilitarian prop. Was it at least bedazzled?

Satellitegirl
07-19-2011, 07:32 PM
For the record, she was in a wheelchair for a bit of her Paparazzi video as well...

Satellitegirl
07-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Luckily, Madonna and Bette Midler never borrowed from performers before them.

I'd like to note that PeterG is being sarcastic, for anyone who didn't previously notice. :lol:

olympic
07-19-2011, 08:42 PM
LOL. Madonna was constantly accused of ripping someone or something off

Reuven
07-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Midler to Gaga (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20080765-10391698.html): Mermaid was MINE first!

"Dear @ladygaga if you think a mermaid in a wheelchair seems familiar-it's because it is!," Midler tweeted. "You can see it on youtube 24/7-with ME performing it”
A few w hours later, Midler followed up with this: "Dear @ladygaga I've been doing singing mermaid in a wheelchair since 1980-You can keep the meat dress and the firecracker tits-mermaid's mine.":lol:

MINAM
07-20-2011, 12:45 AM
I'd like to note that PeterG is being sarcastic, for anyone who didn't previously notice. :lol:

Have you taken a new job as PeterG's publicist? ;)

NinjaTurtles
07-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Feck me, two pages and no one has mentioned Kwan's mermaid look (http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOTO-B7169-Michelle-Kwan-Mermaid-/380337468652)?

Figure skating forum my arse!

orbitz
07-20-2011, 01:02 AM
LOL. Madonna was constantly accused of ripping someone or something off

Whom was Madonna accused of ripping off?

Dr.Siouxs
07-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Whom was Madonna accused of ripping off?

Blondie, Marilyn Monroe, 50's/60's girl groups, Kate Bush....and here's (http://www.aishamusic.com/lawsuit_many_artists_madonna_stole_from.htm)a list of her copyright infringement suits to date :lol:

Honestly though, re: the gaga "issue", I went through high school during the "boy band" era where the ghastly musical acts of Jessica Simpson, J-Lo, and early Britney filled the airwaves. :saint: I wouldn't call her God's gift to music but I'd take Gaga over the aforementioned anyday :lol:

VIETgrlTerifa
07-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Although you can't argue that lawsuits were filed against Madonna (and I don't deny that Madonna hasn't borrowed from other artists because most artists tend to do that), the woman who runs that website is freakin' nuts. She had a few failed lawsuits against Madonna and makes up some of the craziest arguments when she's trying to give her accusations against Madonna some credibility. I mean just look at her picture comparisons. Some of them are clearly influenced by people prior, but a lot of them were really trying too hard. Not only that, but from a glance at the site you linked, she does not really discuss the particulars of the case or what the outcomes were.

Anyway, I think the thing with Gaga is that with other artists who have borrowed or been inspired by past artists, it seems that a big chunk of Gaga's work was exclusively borrowed or was paying homage to Madonna. To me, it's a bit unprecedented for an artist with her success and fan following.