PDA

View Full Version : Who is a better skater: Alena Leonova or Rachel Flatt?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pinky166
07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I'd say they're pretty comparable, but this season, Alena wins out. I still find her clunky and unfinished, but there's a sense of wild abandonment when she skates, and it's really captivating and appealing when she's "on" and landing her jumps. Rachael OTOH is very controlled and a little bland in her skating, it's nice, but it just doesn't stand out particularly in any aspect. Alena is also more explosive and powerful than Rachael, which again adds to the excitement factor.

a56
07-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Leonova especially after this past season, even though I don't find either skater too compelling.

lowtherlore
07-20-2011, 01:01 PM
It seems I belong to a minority here. Both are terrific skaters, but I would go with Rachael.

Alena looks more of an athletic build of the two, but I think Rachael is underrated athletically. I think the two are pretty much equal in technical contents, overall.

Performance-wise, I would give Rachael the edge. Alena has been doing interesting programs, but her performance hasn’t been engaging to me. Many times she looked lacking a command of her choreo, hurried or unfinished. I agree Rachael’s skating is kind of bland at times and her showing at the last Worlds was not great and turned out controversial, but I find her skating fairly polished and connected to the music.

Jenny81
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Rachael !!
Her movements are more graceful than Leonova's thing.