PDA

View Full Version : Who is a better skater: Alena Leonova or Rachel Flatt?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

icewalker08
07-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Leonova :)

os168
07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Alena Leonova, she totally entertained me in Moscow. Sure, she was a tat over scored at the time, but who cares!? It wouldn't be the first time skaters been over marked in this sport due to favorable politics, and it is not the skater's fault!

There are different philosophy to performance art and sometimes depends on the theme, it does require a little over the top when you are projecting your performance for the ENTIRE rink right up to the last seat of the rink!

On camera however, yeah - just like filming a theatrical performance at close up, it can come across a little bit unnatural.

Rachel... no comment. The Russian dude next to me was giggling too much, I was severely distracted!

Frau Muller
07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
They both skate beautiful but Leonova is the better presenter...by a mile.

AndyWarhol
07-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Leonova.

VarBar
07-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I prefer blandness to perkiness, so for me it is Flatt.

Ditto!:)

kwanette
07-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Her step sequence got a level 4 for doing a Lysacek's cringe-worthy flailing. I'd say it was worth it. ;)

Until last season, only way for skaters to get a level 4 on step sequences was having Lori Nichol put together their own version of Lysacek's cringe-worthy flailing. Just ask Flatt, Kostner, and Chan how they got their level4s and ensuing fat GOE marks.

Thank goodness that the ISU has finally come to realized this and changed rules for level 4 requirements. From next season, skaters will be required to flail through only one-third of their step sequences, not half like they had to until last season.

I never thought of Patrick as flailing..Maybe I am too busy looking at those gorgeous feet of his.

Japanfan
07-15-2011, 11:21 PM
I never thought of Patrick as flailing..Maybe I am too busy looking at those gorgeous feet of his.

Rumblefish said Lyscek flailing, not Patrick flailing.

arakwafan2006
07-16-2011, 02:02 AM
You guys smash Rachels teeth into thr ground all the time and i dont get why. ok... She's not dynamic... and her skating does not really "take a stand" but she's a sweat girl and she is a good skater. Why the Passionate disdain?

os168
07-16-2011, 03:09 AM
You guys smash Rachels teeth into thr ground all the time and i dont get why. ok... She's not dynamic... and her skating does not really "take a stand" but she's a sweat girl and she is a good skater. Why the Passionate disdain?

Aren't you over reacting a bit? I see no teeth smashing here...

briancoogaert
07-16-2011, 12:55 PM
In term of skating, I think Leonova is better than Flatt : better edges, better jump quality, stronger on her legs.
But Rachael is definitely my favorite between the two, she has something really natural that touches me.

TheIronLady
07-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Rachael is inspirational because she makes us feel like any one of us could be national champion. Other than that, I must go with Leonova.

Ziggy
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Rachael is inspirational because she makes us feel like any one of us could be national champion. Other than that, I must go with Leonova.

:rofl:

OnyxRose81
07-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Both are horrendous for me to watch but if I had to choose it would be Leonova. At least I feel something when I watch Alena, even if it's teeth-gnashing horror.

dinakt
07-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I often find myself rooting for Leonova, hoping she does well. When she is on, she is voidy and electrifying, capabale of engaging the audience. I like Rachael fine, but rarely root for her the same way ( perhaps because there are several American women I already root for- Mirai, Alissa).

viennese
07-19-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't think Rachael was well served by her choreographers this year, until they re-did her SP - she did well at nationals.

Better competitor, though: Leonova.
Wild, go for broke attack, never count her out. Her jumps and jump series are terrific. The arm flailing is not good, but that can be tamed, can't it?