PDA

View Full Version : LA/SoCal folks - what are you going to do this weekend with the 405 closed?

Pages : 1 [2]

Lanie
07-17-2011, 11:36 PM
I have friends who are coming up from Orange County and the 5 is still nice and clear according to SigAlert! I kind of want to take a drive on the empty freeway just to do so. Haha.

reckless
07-17-2011, 11:46 PM
I have friends who are coming up from Orange County and the 5 is still nice and clear according to SigAlert! I kind of want to take a drive on the empty freeway just to do so. Haha.

SigAlert is showing the 405 not moving, but the 405 reopened a few hours ago and by all accounts is moving freely. So I wonder how accurate it's data is.

And 15 minutes after I posted, they updated SigAlert and the 405 is smooth sailing.

love skating
07-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Can't believe they reopened so much earlier than scheduled! Kudos to the workers on the project!

reckless
07-18-2011, 01:46 AM
Can't believe they reopened so much earlier than scheduled! Kudos to the workers on the project!

It's similar to what happened in 1994 with the I-10. The company doing the work was offered major financial incentives to get the freeway open earlier than scheduled. It reopened after three months, when about five months was the estimate. The contractor got about a $15 million bonus.

OliviaPug
07-18-2011, 02:58 AM
They scared everyone into thinking the roads would be chaotic, and I've had an easier time getting around this weekend than most weekends!!

O-

AnnM
07-19-2011, 12:44 AM
I was way out of the Carmageddon zone, but folks were still staying off the freeways. It took me ten minutes less than usual to get to Pasadena.

If the freeways weren't so clear, they would've caught that car chase guy much sooner.