PDA

View Full Version : If you could have a rule created, what would it be.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

essence_of_soy
07-14-2011, 02:54 AM
We have the Zayak rule (for repeating jumps), the Boitano rule (for professionals wasnting re-instatement), and the Witt rule (for costume violations).

What rule would you like created, and what would the penalty be.

I know I'm stealing Manleywoman's thunder here, so she may have naming rights.

But for overuse of Carmen, there should be a 25 point deduction in PCS, as well as being forced to watch dvds of every juvenile lady who has ever skated to "The Lonely Goatherd".

Kelvster
07-14-2011, 02:59 AM
a rule to reward skaters for

attempting the 5 different triples (for ladies) and 6 different triples (for men)

i miss the good ol' days of the 6.0 system where you see ladies doing a classic, conservative ladies programme consisting of e.g.

3lutz-2toe,
3flip,
double axel.
Pause
====
Slow music begins
spiral sequence
Wind up to a 3loop
3sal
====
Fast music begins again
3toe-2toe
step sequence
2axel
====
;)

blue_idealist
07-14-2011, 03:08 AM

attempting the 5 different triples (for ladies) and 6 different triples (for men)

i miss the good ol' days of the 6.0 system where you see ladies doing a classic, conservative ladies programme consisting of e.g.

3lutz-2toe,
3flip,
double axel.
Pause
====
Slow music begins
spiral sequence
Wind up to a 3loop
3sal
====
Fast music begins again
3toe-2toe
step sequence
2axel
====
;)

YES to the 5 and 6 different triples thing!!

BigB08822
07-14-2011, 03:10 AM
One spin with no change of position, that would focus on speed, centering and how well you get into the position you chose.

I agree with awarding points for skaters who complete 5 different triples (women) or 6 different triples (men).

Multiplying combinations by a factor, with more for the loop on the end than the toe.

Allowing judges to decide downgrades. If a majority think a jump is downgraded then downgrade it, I hate super slow mo close up video being used and one or two people so often controlling outcomes.

essence_of_soy
07-14-2011, 03:11 AM

3lutz-2toe,
3flip,
double axel.
Pause
====
Slow music begins
spiral sequence
Wind up to a 3loop
3sal
====
Fast music begins again
3toe-2toe
step sequence
2axel
====
;)

*cough* Bauil *cough*

PDilemma
07-14-2011, 03:13 AM
One spin with no change of position, that would focus on speed, centering and how well you get into the position you chose.

This is mine! :cheer2:

BigB08822
07-14-2011, 03:16 AM
This is mine! :cheer2:

Sorry, if I read that from you before then it buried somehow in my subconscious because it just came to me. :lol:

just tuned in
07-14-2011, 03:17 AM
My rule would be that the skater's music cannot have applause or cheering sounds built into the soundtrack. (When Sasha Cohen's "Dark Eyes" did that, I, sitting at home, thought it was the audience cheering... but no.)

misskarne
07-14-2011, 03:37 AM

Yes yes yes! I like this one! But I'd like add an extra bonus for ladies who do all 6 triples.

I like this one, too. I miss the old days where you had to hold one spin position for eight revolutions. I loved watching Plushy's camel when he did that. But now of course he has to change the position after like one revolution to get the points. I think they've put too much emphasis on the change positions.

Spiral sequence for the men! Some of them have really nice spirals that they never use.

purple skates
07-14-2011, 03:38 AM
My rule is that skaters get a 50 point bonus for actually skating to the music instead of over it.

skfan
07-14-2011, 03:50 AM
no more blade grabbing, period. blade grabbing is fugly on death spirals and butt ugly on 95% of single skaters who drop their legs rather than extend the leg towards the hand that grabs the blades. most can't do a blade grab spin half as beautiful as rory flack's anyway. and maybe without blade grabs there would be an end to the epidemic of gloves.

purple skates
07-14-2011, 03:55 AM
^ Can I have this rule too, please?

screech
07-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Spiral sequence for the men! Some of them have really nice spirals that they never use.

I think that men have had the option of doing a spiral sequence (at least they did until a few years ago). I know Jeff Buttle did one in his LPs in his early years of success. But I wish Shawn Sawyer would have.

I don't necessarily think they need to do spiral sequences, but at the very least a sequence of field moves should be required (with no more than 1 spiral included). I mean, they could do pivots and hydroblading if they wanted, but some sequence of field moves should be required.

skfan
07-14-2011, 04:34 AM
^ Can I have this rule too, please?

please join! the more the merrier. :cool:

maybe some day we'll reach critical mass and there'll be fewer eyesore blade grabs? or maybe the rule change that cut down the # of dog-at-hydrant ladies spirals have falsely raised my hopes :lol:

jlai
07-14-2011, 05:09 AM
Have a rule on pair footwork that needs to be unison skating during most of the sequence.