PDA

View Full Version : If you could have a rule created, what would it be.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

leafygreens
07-18-2011, 02:29 PM
About the Boitano rule - is it really even necessary today? In decades past, there weren't many opportunities for amateur skaters to make money, while today there are tons of opportunities. There's really no reason for anyone to skate in an "unsanctioned" show to make money like in Boitano's day.

a rule to reward skaters for

attempting the 5 different triples (for ladies) and 6 different triples (for men)

i miss the good ol' days of the 6.0 system where you see ladies doing a classic, conservative ladies programme consisting of e.g.

3lutz-2toe,
3flip,
double axel.
Pause
====
Slow music begins
spiral sequence
Wind up to a 3loop
3sal
====
Fast music begins again
3toe-2toe
step sequence
2axel
====
;)

*cough* Bauil *cough*

Baiul never had a combo to begin with! LOL!

But the old 6.0 program actually would have started with the 2A, and Scott Hamilton saying "Nice, easy, easy double axel, to get her feet under her..."

orientalplane
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Baiul never had a combo to begin with! LOL!

It makes you wonder why. The quality of the triples she didn't double-foot was excellent, and it should have been easy to stick on a double toe.

I suppose World and Olympic titles in two years show she didn't really need to. :confused: :lol:

Marco
07-18-2011, 03:07 PM
+1 bonus for all 6 types of jump takeoffs. -1 deduction for each missing takeoff less than 5.

+1 bonus for having all types of combos (toe-toe, toe-edge, edge-edge, edge-toe) - this is possible with just 3 combo jumps when one is a 3 jump combo.

first jump in combo should get 10% more, second or third jump (whichever has higher value) 20% more, second or third jump (whichever has lower value) 15% more. (the point is there, the % bonus can vary)

+3 bonus for ladies with all 6 types of jump takeoffs with 3 rotations and above and no edge call or underrotation call. +1 for 5.

+3 bonus for men with all 6 types of jump takeoffs with 3 rotations and above and no edge call or underrotation call, 2 of which must have 4 revolutions. +1 for 6 types of triples and 1 quad or 5 types of triples and 2 quads.

GOE should be awarded as a % to base value of the element. (it's much harder to get +1 on 3lutz than on 3sal, for example, but the +1 is worth the same)

-2 in PCS for each consecutive 3 jumps executed without a spin or step/spiral sequence in between.

a mandatory 4th level 1 spin, but with the same GOE value of a corresponding level 4 spin.

do away with compulsory layback requirement in the sp and replace with solo spin with change of foot like with the men. (and while we are at it, do away with Biellmann feature for layback and introduce a banck bend feature)

each combo spin with change of foot must have 3 changes of positions.

miki88
07-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Some of these rules are even more complicated than the ones we have now under CoP. :shuffle:

edonice
07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Bring back the ladies SP spiral sequence!

It brought much needed balance and breathing room to the frenzy of the program, kind of like the bridge in a song. Also, they were gorgeous, and were a good indicator of a skater's line and control.

If they shortened the time in which you can complete a footwork sequence (forcing skaters to skate with speed through those now-sluggish footwork steps), they could gain time for the spirals.

aliceanne
07-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I would like to see certain skaters stop their arm flailings. It is ugly to watch. Also ladies layback spins where the leg off the ice droops instead of extending it outward. Also sit spins should be close to the ice [butt close].

I think the sit spin with the butt in the air is mainly a male problem with the back sit spin. Since so many of them do it, it must not be easy to overcome. It's hard to believe no one has pointed it out!

I agree about the flailing arms as well.

Rex
07-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Anyone who skates to Carmen or Tosca should get an automatice 10-point deduction.

TheIronLady
07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
One spin with no change of position, that would focus on speed, centering and how well you get into the position you chose.

Multiplying combinations by a factor, with more for the loop on the end than the toe.

Allowing judges to decide downgrades. If a majority think a jump is downgraded then downgrade it, I hate super slow mo close up video being used and one or two people so often controlling outcomes.

I love your ideas. With combinations, my main interest is how to encourage interesting, original combos. I would try codifying extra points for a double-triple combo vs a triple-double.

leafygreens
07-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Anyone who skates to Carmen or Tosca should get an automatice 10-point deduction.

Or Nessun Dorma?

GoldenMichelle
07-19-2011, 12:27 AM
I'd also like to see a requirement for positions in dance lifts to held for longer, or less changes per lift. They do all these changes of position, but it looks so frantic and there no time to enjoy eack individual position.

DORISPULASKI
07-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Perhaps in one of the 3 lifts-straight line perhaps?

A rule like that would obviously not be appropriate in a rotational lift.

BmcC102
07-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Like others have said:

1. Get rid of the biellmann feature for a layback spin. Allow only one change of position, after the 8 revolutions in classic position have been met.

2. Bring back the spiral sequence in the Ladies SP. Get rid of the foot grabbing and change of edge features.

3. Bring back the 4th spin in the LP. As of now, it's entirely possible to see the same three spins in both programs. I want to see variety and spins that match the music.

4. In general, the step sequence is too long, has too much going on, and is not musical enough. Fix.

5. Bring back required forward flying sit spins and flying reverse change sit spins to the senior level for the SP (and flying camel and deathdrop too; one for each year of a quadrennial).

6. Reward classic sit spins. When Keegan Messing does them, the audience goes wild. This should be a clue...

TheIronLady
07-19-2011, 02:51 AM
There should be a .5 ded for every element performed without pointed feet.

Marco
07-19-2011, 03:23 AM
Get rid of axel requirement in the sp, the 3 required jumps should be: combo, steps into toe jump, and steps into edge jump

Mandatory negative GOEs when no or insufficient or non-immediate steps before solo triple in the sp

Steps that do not fit a SL, circ or serp pattern will be graded level 1 and mandatory negative GOEs.

Each ladies sp and lp must have at least 1 unassisted spiral, held for at least 3 seconds

Judges should be encouraged to use +2s and +3s in GOEs, vary PCS components, and mark on absolute basis (no need to leave room).

leafygreens
07-19-2011, 03:44 AM
There should be a .5 ded for every element performed without pointed feet.

I have never understood how this is possible in thick, stiff boots. :lol: