PDA

View Full Version : If you could have a rule created, what would it be.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

julieann
07-14-2011, 05:39 AM
No more tights over the boots unless you are a synchro team.

Skate Talker
07-14-2011, 05:39 AM
This is a very good idea for a topic. I just hope it isn't overtaken by facetious replies.

I will have to think on this a bit to see what I come up with but so far am loving the blade-grab out the window movement, especially if it leads to less gloves being worn. Unfortunately it seems to me that the men are the bigger offenders here but few of them can even use the blade-grab as an excuse for it.

I also like the idea of the bonus for completing the complete package of triples, and adding extra points to combinations above the individual values of the two jumps performed.

The only idea that comes quickly to mind is that I would penalize the lifts that some Pairs teams do that are undoubtedly difficult but are just so very very ugly to look at. Imho the penalty can taken off choreography or even performance because for me they really break the mood of the skate, don't go with the music, etc.

I would also like to ban the stomach-cramp dance lift. That's the one where the lady scrunches up over the man's arm in the rotational lift, hanging there all contorted as if in pain. One year I remember seeing this same lift in 4 or 5 dances in a row

foreverkwanfan
07-14-2011, 05:42 AM
I agree with all of these and will add:

No tights over boots! Period, No exceptions!!

and although I enjoy Sasha's skating, this one move always bugged me, I would ban it if I had such powers:
http://www.skateygirl.com/nat2003/SrLadies/cohen/images/r68n29_jpg.jpg

But more seriously, I would like to see points given for a sustained spiral as opposed to a spiral sequence where the spiral position is changed 2-3 times.
A sustained spiral, one position, that is held, without wobbling from one end of the ice to the other should be given more points. IMHO

Ozzisk8tr
07-14-2011, 06:18 AM
I think there should be a rule where if the mans butt looks pleasing to ones eye they must be made to wear illusion fabric pants at some stage (ponsero anyone?). The bonus could be they take me out to dinner that night. Seriously though, I wish they would drop the three jump combo rule and allow them to do more.

Spazactaz
07-14-2011, 06:19 AM
just curious.... for professionals wanting re-instatement, what IS the rule?

shady82
07-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Changing underrotations to a GOE deduction instead of a downgrade. This would change so many results for the better, such as Nakano's 2008 Worlds placing.

skateboy
07-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Revising the step sequence rule (levels), so that they don't have to last forever (and at the speed of a tortoise with a bad foot) and do not have to use every turn ever invented. I preferred the pre-COP step sequences.

Mafke
07-14-2011, 09:47 AM
points for jumps recalibrated to reward variety, so that you get X amount of points for the first triple (Whatever it is) and you get X + Y for the next different triple, X + Z (where Z is greater than Y) for the next different triple etc. Repeated jumps get the same amount of points as the first jump of that type.

This would both reward having as many different triples as possible and also recognize the fact that different triples are of different difficulty for different skaters.

Oh! And no more than two jumping passes in the SP with no other scoring element between them and no more than three together in the LP. That would help balance programs a little.

Jaana
07-14-2011, 10:12 AM
I would like there to be a rule about judging: If a judge gives high PCS scores (reputation scores e.g. for choreography, transitions and interpretation) for something that does not exist, that judge will be banned for life.

skatefan
07-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Revising the step sequence rule (levels), so that they don't have to last forever (and at the speed of a tortoise with a bad foot) and do not have to use every turn ever invented. I preferred the pre-COP step sequences.
And may I add to that the removal of the full body movement requirement to stop the random bobbing up and down, butt in the air (ladies and men), which imo adds nothing to a programme.

Extranjera
07-14-2011, 11:33 AM
making combinations worth more points than single jumps.

For example first jump in combination should be counted x 1.1 and 2nd jump x 1.3

Changing underrotations to a GOE deduction instead of a downgrade. This would change so many results for the better, such as Nakano's 2008 Worlds placing.

I wish there was a rule like this, it would encourage many skaters to take risk and do 3-3

ciocio
07-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I would like there to be a rule about judging: If a judge gives high PCS scores (reputation scores e.g. for choreography, transitions and interpretation) for something that does not exist, that judge will be banned for life.

I agree with this rule but imo it would work only for transitions, choreography and interpretation are very subjective. :confused:
My rule would be: skaters arenīt allowed to work with the same choreographer for more than 2 seasons.:D
Oh, and no donut spins for men,except Plushy in his prime:D, ok?

GarrAarghHrumph
07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I would forbid the "Look at my cr*tch!" spiral where the lady skates forward with her leg in the air, held up by one hand - the Y spiral. Example:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Kwak_2009.jpg/78px-Kwak_2009.jpg

Proustable
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
1. I like combos having a multiplier.

2. A special -GOE for elements with falls (-3 isn't low enough) with multiple falls specifically decreasing program components (one fall doesn't have to, two should, and three/four/five definitely should)

3. Bring back the second leveled step sequence. It's funny watching what passes for footwork from some of the guys.

barbk
07-14-2011, 03:09 PM

Yes. And a straight line sequence should go back to being a straight line.

Actually, I like pretty much all of the changes proposed in this thread.

I'd also like to see the value of a double axel reduced, as well as reducing the values for all of the other doubles.

And Amen to the end of the blade grab, other than in a Biellman spin.