PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD July 13-14 - Top 12? I think?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

genevieve
07-13-2011, 11:17 PM
People are starting to post about tonight in the old thread...so have at it!

Sounds like we may finally see some power contemporary couples get ballroom. ABOUT DAMNED TIME!!! :P

Holley Calmes
07-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Once again I probably won't get to watch live. I'll have to rely on my FSU buds to tell me what's what. I will probably throw some votes to my faves. Maybe I can watch 9-10. The satellite dish for our upstairs TV is messed up-only one TV working, and Mr. R insists we re-watch Deadwood. Hey-looking at Timothy instead of Mitchell isn't bad.

Allen
07-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Sonya on the panel :cheer:

rjblue
07-14-2011, 01:03 AM
My daughter and son-in-law are here for the night, so I'm going to have to watch tomorrow too.

Matryeshka
07-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Cat's dress is one sparkle short of being a Russian ice dancer. I can see her breaking out into a Chicago medley with at least 30 music cuts.

Sonya's mohawk is back! This bodes well for the show! :cheer:

Allen
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Sonya's mohawk is back! This bodes well for the show! :cheer:

Kind of sad she's not choreographing this week.

TygerLily
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm officially in love with Jesse Ferguson. :shuffle:

ETA: Paso Doble by Tony and Meredith
Sasha and Alexander

Impromptu kiss?

Fun, though Sasha felt a little shakier than Alex. They seemed to have the character!

ETA ETA Listen to Allen not me :)

Allen
07-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Sasha and Alex
Paso Doble
Choreographers: Tony and Melanie

I thought the parts that were actually ballroom didn't seem very strong, but I liked the mood and overall choreography. Kudos to Sasha for throwing Alex all over the stage. Great costumes.

Matryeshka
07-14-2011, 01:09 AM
If that had about two more days of practice, that would have been all kinds of fabulous. Love, love, LOVE the choreo, the music, the costuming. The choreo was also smart in not trying to make Sasha the cape--I don't think that would have worked well. :swoon: It's one of those routines where you see the potential of the routine at the first GP and you can't wait till Worlds to see it all fleshed out.

AYS
07-14-2011, 01:14 AM
As usual, loved the Tony and Melanie choreo! I thought they did an excellent job, I thought Alex had gorgeous lines, but the judges loved Sasha more. This definitely was a dance geared toward her strong, somewhat hard style.

AYS
07-14-2011, 01:18 AM
That was absolutely amazing from Jordan and Tadd. Had tour piece written all over it. Loved it. Actually contemporary ballet, beautiful.

Matryeshka
07-14-2011, 01:20 AM
I, umm, don't know about that. I think the costume, music, and acting ability of Jordan and Tadd made that routine. The actual dancing seemed to be more a series of poses and pictures, and once again, Jordan had many, many opportunities to raise her leg.

It needed a pig and some eggs. :shuffle:

Allen
07-14-2011, 01:21 AM
I thought Tadd out danced Jordan, but I thought the routine was pretty fabulous.

AYS
07-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Really lacking in Ryan/Ricky. Ryan moves heavily and it really showed here.

Allen
07-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Wheeeeee! Way to go for Jesse telling it like it is about Ryan and Ricky! Wow, even Nigel isn't raving about them.

I didn't like the routine very much and I think that was the big problem. Ryan is fine until she tries to do anything requiring her to lift a leg off the ground. At that point, it just becomes very heavy for me.