PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Allen
08-11-2011, 04:32 PM
:blah: to Piers and Howie picking Beth Ann over the West Springfield Dance Team. I think Beth Ann is very good, but in no way was she better than WSDT to me. At least they get to go in the Wild Card show.

numbers123
08-11-2011, 04:43 PM
:blah: to Piers and Howie picking Beth Ann over the West Springfield Dance Team. I think Beth Ann is very good, but in no way was she better than WSDT to me. At least they get to go in the Wild Card show.

I think that Beth Ann would not have gotten through the qualifying rounds in SYTYCD or she would have been cut early had she been of age to compete. She has tricks but in transitions were poorly constructed. She needs a few more years of training to be at the SYTYCD caliber. Would I go see her in an AGT Vegas show, no. WSDT - maybe.

Rob
08-11-2011, 04:58 PM
She has tricks but in transitions were poorly constructed.

ITA. She's talented, but she's not strong enough yet to smooth out the transitions.

taf2002
08-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Really? I didn't like WSDT at all, but then I didn't really care about any of the youtubers. I am particularly glad I won't have to hear that Glee group again. I thought Sharon was awful for picking WSDT as her wild card last night instead of building up the suspense for the wild card shows. Now everyone knows there are only 2 spots for all those people. Most of the wild cards coming back (sans The Little People) were better than the you tube people but I would be surprised if anyone from either group advance after they face the current top 16.

My DH & I are taking a break for the next 2 weeks. We have zero interest in the wild cards. We figure none of them have a prayer breaking into the top 20 anyway. I don't remember anyone getting eliminated that I thought was a contender anyway but maybe I've forgotten since the 1st live show was over a month ago. And I may wait until the top 20 is whittled down to 10 before I watch again. They have too many minimally talented acts this year & too much boring talking from the judges.

Speaking of judges, these 3 act like they believe they are the acts, like we tuned in to see them. I don't watch any of the shows live anymore. It takes me about 20-25 mins to watch a 2 hr show now. I FF past all the critiques now because I can't imagine any of them have anything interesting or original to say. Sharon will gush & call them darling, Piers will act pompous & arrogant even if he likes them, & Howie will say the opposite of whatever Piers says.

rfisher
08-11-2011, 06:08 PM
The Fiddleheads are actually quite good if they stick to bluegrass. They tried something more pop last time and it killed them. They'll be pitted against the kid band in the semis. I'm really curious to see what the Russian Bar group will do. And terrified. The risk she takes of killing herself is :yikes:

I'd like to see the Vegas show. Apparently, it's only one show in October with the winner billed as the headliner. The other finalists appear also just like on the tour. There are a lot of variety acts this year that would be fun to see. So, the only big advantage to the winner is the million dollars (although I'm sure all the other acts in Vegas or on the tour get at least scale). The exposure is the real prize.

Jenna
08-11-2011, 06:13 PM

Wow. I had the polar opposite reaction. :lol:

Beth Ann was one of my faves from the Youtube show!

I'm happy that WSDT got the wildcard though, because they would have easily made it in other weeks.

Allen
08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Wow. I had the polar opposite reaction. :lol:

Beth Ann was one of my faves from the Youtube show!

I'm happy that WSDT got the wildcard though, because they would have easily made it in other weeks.

I liked Beth Ann. Actually, I threw her a few votes. However, between the two, I don't think it was even close. I could see a show in what WSDT does, but not a show built around Beth Ann.

Beth Ann is what 14? In a few years, I can see her doing really, really well on SYTYCD, but I don't see a whole Las Vegas show being built around her.

I guess I misinterpreted the Wild Card thing. For some reason, I just thought Sharon was sending them to the Wild Card show. I didn't realize she was making them her wild card pick.

Rob
08-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Anyone watch America'zzzzz Got Talent last night. I think they need to lose the wildcard show or the You Tube auditions. This is just too long and drawn out. I hope the last magician gets through.

rfisher
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Me too. Apart from the girl singer, and King Kinetic, there was a reason they weren't through before. I don't think KK has a chance of winning, but he does grow on you. I'd like him to have his own TV show and host other acts. I don't know why they didn't send the girl through unless they just thought there were too many girl singers. She may have lucked out since there aren't that many singers in the semi finals.

Rob
08-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Me too. Apart from the girl singer, and King Kinetic, there was a reason they weren't through before. I don't think KK has a chance of winning, but he does grow on you. I'd like him to have his own TV show and host other acts.
I like his stuff too but a live show is unrealistic if he needs to set up the stage 2 days in advance. A TV show would be perfect - he could do stuff at all kinds of crazy locations.

There was a youtube video with a long chain reaction set up all set to music - I can't remember what it was called, but it was great.

Garden Kitty
08-17-2011, 07:41 PM
I certainly don't see King Kinetic headlining an ongoing show, but he comes across as such a likeable fellow, and I'm glad he got another chance after his big bomb last time out. Even if he doesn't advance, he ended on a high note with last night's performance.

taf2002
08-18-2011, 01:10 AM
I certainly don't see King Kinetic headlining an ongoing show, but he comes across as such a likeable fellow, and I'm glad he got another chance after his big bomb last time out. Even if he doesn't advance, he ended on a high note with last night's performance.

I agree...we like him too & his tricks hold my interest.

Allen
08-18-2011, 02:20 AM
West Springfield Dance Team is the first to advance. I'm a little surprised because I didn't think last night was as good as their YouTube round performance, but I'm thrilled because I love them and they are from my home state. I was surprised that Yellow Design wasn't in the top or even one of the two up for the judges' save.

rfisher
08-18-2011, 02:40 AM
The King goeth forth!

Garden Kitty
08-18-2011, 02:42 AM
The dance team sort of annoyed me by doing another zombie dance - is that all they do?

Colbie is sounding a bit off.