PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

skatesindreams
08-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Some of the YT performers were good.
However, you couldn't build an act around most of them.
They would be segments in a "Variety" show, at best.

A.H.Black
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
The singer had good pipes. He needs some experience and a lot of polishing. My TV is so bad I couldn't see the bicyclist very well. I think he was creative.

Spareoom
08-10-2011, 05:56 PM
It's not just your TV...I watched on Hulu, and I could barely see him either. They should have thought that one through a bit.

Out of all the acts, I liked Mary Beth the dancer the best.

Garden Kitty
08-10-2011, 06:39 PM
The bike was really well lit, but the biker hardly showed. It may have looked better live, but it didn't come across on tv.

skatesindreams
08-10-2011, 06:39 PM
It's not just your TV...I watched on Hulu, and I could barely see him either. They should have thought that one through a bit..

I think that was part of the act.
The black suit; and "black light" gimmick was meant to actually hide him; so that the bike would appear to be powering/riding itself.

Rob
08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
The black suit; and "black light" gimmick was meant to actually hide him; so that the bike would appear to be powering/riding itself.

In that case, it didn't work very well because you could see him, just not very well.

None of the YTubers had the wow factor, but some were not bad. I did love that dog even if the act wasn't very polished.

Allen
08-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I voted for West Springfield Dance team and the acrobatics group from UMD. I found their acts to be very different and interesting. I thought the young contemporary dancer was pretty good, but not something you would build an act around. I wasn't as impressed with the bike stunts as it seemed very repetitive to me. The solo singer was good, but nothing special for me. I HATED that show choir group at the end.

skatesindreams
08-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I didn't think it (the bike) worked well, either way.
The act looked effective on YT; but didn't work "live".

Spareoom
08-10-2011, 07:30 PM

No, I think he meant to do both. There was a part where he was in all black, and was meant to be be invisible. But when he was wearing the "muscle" suit, he was meant to be seen because it was supposed to light up and look freaky and cool. Unfortunately, the suit was too subtle to show up well on camera. Maybe it looked good in person, but on tv...not so much.

numbers123
08-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I have been very underwhelmed about the acts this year. I keep asking the question - who would I pay $120 or more to see in Vegas? (That was the ticket price of a show the last time I was in Vegas 4 years ago). And so far, no one has wowed me to the point of saying "I would go see that"

taf2002
08-10-2011, 11:37 PM
I have been very underwhelmed about the acts this year. I keep asking the question - who would I pay $120 or more to see in Vegas? (That was the ticket price of a show the last time I was in Vegas 4 years ago). And so far, no one has wowed me to the point of saying "I would go see that"

That was my reaction to last night's show for sure. I didn't think any of them should go on to the live shows.

rfisher
08-11-2011, 03:01 AM
I'm glad the Fiddleheads are getting a 2nd chance. Hopefully, they'll pick a better song to do. I'm :rofl: that they're bringing the Little People back.

birdgal
08-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm glad the Fiddleheads are getting a 2nd chance. Hopefully, they'll pick a better song to do. I'm :rofl: that they're bringing the Little People back.

I was surprised at that one. :lol:

flutzilla1
08-11-2011, 04:18 PM

Glad about the Fiddleheads, but :scream: at the Little People coming back. I never understood how that act got as far as it did in the first place. I am 100% with Piers on that one.....

Rob
08-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Whaaaat? I haven't watched yet. Who got through from youtube?