PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

rfisher
08-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Wow. Team Iluminate is amazing. You totally get caught up in the act.

Pretty Vegas
08-03-2011, 03:55 AM
I hope Team Iluminate wins, amaaaaazing.

rfisher
08-03-2011, 03:58 AM
I think this may be a year for a non-singer to win.

Tonight I liked Zuma Zuma, Fatally Unique and Iluminate. Don't really care who the 4th act is.

Allen
08-03-2011, 04:08 AM
I hope Team Iluminate wins, amaaaaazing.

I agree. I loved, loved them tonight. They also got the pimp spot, so I hope they get the votes.

I think this may be a year for a non-singer to win.

Tonight I liked Zuma Zuma, Fatally Unique and Iluminate. Don't really care who the 4th act is.

I really hope a non-singer wins this year, especially since so many of the non-singing acts are very exciting.

I agree with that top 3 for tonight. I'd probably give Melissa Villasenor that 4th spot, even though she was kind of blah tonight.

Rob
08-03-2011, 03:16 PM

Same here. Zuma Zuma really stepped it up and FU (:lol:) is a good crew. But Illuminate for the win!

Even if Kinetic guy had done as planned, how do you headline a show if you have to have the stage for 36 hours to set up? You have to go first everytime, and you can only have a show every 2 days? I doubt you could do a really big set up on a movable stage without the risk of triggering it when moving it to stage level.

I understand the juggler is trying to show enough different skills to fill a show, but no matter how much harder the musical set is, I agree with Howie that the musical set was a set down in the Wow Factor from lighting yourself on fire.

The big curtain behind the choir was moving a lot during the magician's illusion so I thought they blew it entirely. I was rooting for him too - I forgot he was still in the mix.

Bikes - nah. Kids - yuck. Comedian - ok, would probably put her 4th for variety's sake. Singer - not off key but just ok. Can't recall the other 2.

taf2002
08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I like just about anyone more than the kid singers.

I saw quite a few acts that weren't as good as the kids. I think the lead singer has real talent & I was amazed at the harmonys by the background singers. I'm usually vocal against the kid performers but I concer with Howie that these kids are ready for a Saturday morning show. I don't want them to win or anything but I thought they sounded good. And Stevie Wonder isn't easy to sing.

My favorite coming in was the comedian but her material wasn't very good last night. Her audition was really good.

Allen
08-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I saw quite a few acts that weren't as good as the kids. I think the lead singer has real talent & I was amazed at the harmonys by the background singers. I'm usually vocal against the kid performers but I concer with Howie that these kids are ready for a Saturday morning show. I don't want them to win or anything but I thought they sounded good. And Stevie Wonder isn't easy to sing.

My favorite coming in was the comedian but her material wasn't very good last night. Her audition was really good.

I do have to give them props for the song choice. It was a hard song and they did it well. I like them more than I typically like the child singers...or I did on that song.

Melissa Villasenor was one of my favorites coming in. I just think her impressions last night were a little obscure. Her Sharon Osborne was a little shrill. She did a terrific Judy Garland though. I think that the success of her first performance had to do with the popularity of the people she did impressions of. Her Natalie Portman and Kathy Griffin were eerily good.

Nan
08-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I actually thought the juggling guy was fun tonight.

I did, too. I think he might have been trying to show versitility in his act but might have been better served if he had put the piano playing before the fire. After a while, any juggler can get boring if they are "just" throwing things in the air, but the piano bit was something I've never seen before.

numbers123
08-03-2011, 10:50 PM

These girls are better than any of the other child acts, but the thing that I keep going back to is "headliner act in Vegas" and kids just can't pull that off. I have yet to see one that would headline it with the exception of Illuminate.
The show is called America's Got Talent, but it is also the talent that needs to headline a show in vegas. Which is extremely difficult to do.

rfisher
08-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Fatally Unique beats out the kids, donut guy and Taylor Dane. :cheer2:

Garden Kitty
08-04-2011, 02:25 AM
I didn't like Fatally Unique as much as some of the otehrs, but I'd definitely have picked them out of that group.

rfisher
08-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Zuma Zuma beats out the BMX bikers.

Team Iluminate has to beat out the next group. Magic guy (everybody could see that trick), Sam B (surely not).

Yes. Team Iluminate through.

Yea. I picked the top 3. I don't even remember who's left for 4th, 5th, and 6th.

And Maroon 5! Adam Levine :swoon:

rfisher
08-04-2011, 02:50 AM
last two are Kinetic King, comedienne, and I don't even remember what the other guy did. Nice looking guy in a tux???

Kinetic King out so it's between the guy I don't remember and the girl. :lol:

It's the juggler :duh:

And the judges choose:

Garden Kitty
08-04-2011, 02:51 AM
Juggler?

rfisher
08-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Sharon goes with Melissa
Piers goes with Charles the Juggle
Howie goes with Melissa (big surprise)

Next week are the YouTube 12.