PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35

Garden Kitty
09-14-2011, 03:08 AM
I think this is the best they've done since their first appearance - even though it was sappy.

rfisher
09-14-2011, 03:08 AM
:(

Did they go with the back-up plan: "America Hearts Fast Food"?

Worse. It's a wonderful world.

I voted for Poplyfe and Landau till I got tired of voting. Now, I have to focus on Sons of Anarchy and hope Charlie is naked at some point.

Rob
09-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I voted for Landau and TI. Both lines were busy for ages. But Ti's opened up long before Landau's for me.

I thought Landau gave his best performance yet.

TI stepped it up - I liked other sets better, but I think this act has enormous potential with a budget.

Aw, PopLyfe blew the vocals. I think it was too loud and she got caught up in the emotion. She pulled it back together in the quiet slow part. Still, they are great and they'll get signed to something.

Sihouettes - still sappy, but they did it well. I think this is exactly the kind of group you'd want your kid to be in. Hard work, camaraderie, healthy body image, don't have to be ultra gifted to be in the group.

skatesindreams
09-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Landau and TI were far superior to the other two.

Winning could really change Landau's life.
I hope it happens.

I believe that someone will sign TI, even without winning.

Rob
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes, like Jabberwockees and Fighting Gravity, I bet they will get a development deal.

cruisin
09-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I think Landau will win it. I think Poplyfe kinda blew it last night. I totally enjoyed TI and Silhouettes, but, could I watch them for an hour and a half? I think that may play into who wins, can they sustain an entire show?

taf2002
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I think Landau will win it. I think Poplyfe kinda blew it last night. I totally enjoyed TI and Silhouettes, but, could I watch them for an hour and a half? I think that may play into who wins, can they sustain an entire show?

I agree about not being able to watch them for an hour & a half. I have trouble maintaining interest through one act. My husband has been a Silouettes fan but he thought last night's act was pretty bad. And he likes TI but agrees neither TI or Sils could sustain a Vegas show for him.

I voted equally for Poplyfe & Landau but IMO Poplyfe isn't Vegas either, they need a recording contract & some regular backup singers. Landau is the only one IMO who hugely upped his game last night but is he charismatic enough for a Vegas show built around him? His backstory & his likeability has helped him so far but will it be enough for Vegas? I think he's perfect for a lounge show but time will tell. My husband has not been a regular watcher this season but last night he said he would buy a ticket to see Landau.

BTW, we thought Terry Fator was fabulous last night. He did a tour of America right before he started at the Mirage & we were at the last show he did on that tour. He's even better live.

numbers123
09-14-2011, 04:23 PM
I think for a Vegas act/show, Landau fits best. Although, I am not a fan and he will not be a headliner in the sense of a Terry Fador. He will find one of the smaller show venues for a while.

I have never been a PopLyte fan, I never thought that they sounded great, good but not great. They should have a recording contract out of this and perhaps a Disney show.

I don't like Cirque type of shows. However, TI and Silhouettes will have a great career on the state fairs or symphony type tours. Silhouettes more likely the state fair circuit because of their ages and the wholesomeness/sappiness elements. TI more the pop symphony tours (or whatever your city calls them) guest spots.

IMO none of the acts are sustainable.

Skate Talker
09-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Kind of going to agree there although to me TI showed a lot more variety than Silhouettes did. PopLyfe is okay for a teen band but not yet ready for the big show imho. Landau is not yet polished either but has some potential. In truth I would not want to sit through an entire show of any of these 4 acts but probably that applies to most of the stuff out there professionally today for me anyway.

Still, I would much rather any of these 4 acts than something like the Smages or that one trick pony balance bar trio. They were neat to watch during the audition but that was it for me. The only good thing I can say for them is that when they went off the rails with their bizarre upside-down piano act they were up front enough to say that even they thought they had gone as far as they could with the balance bar - once you have seen it that's it. I totally agreed with their decision to risk going to something completely different, just what they did showed they had no talent at all in that direction.

reckless
09-14-2011, 04:32 PM
See I think TI could absolutely sustain an entire show. That routine they did last night was essentially a grand finale of a show. (It reminded me of the finale of a Cirque show I saw last month.) If they did four or five big group routines and then did some routines with smaller numbers of dancers, I don't think they would have any trouble sustaining a show. There is such a "how did they do that" aspect to their show that I think audiences will remain interested. (My only caveat is that I have wondered if the actual dancers are visible to a live audience sitting up close. If that is the case, it may destroy some of the illusion created by the light show.)

As for Landau, while I think he has a great story and a good voice, is he really that much better than the myriad Sinatra impersonators already out there? He just comes across to me as a very good lounge singer and should get a regular singing gig out of this regardless of whether he wins, but I don't see his act as anything particularly compelling or interesting.

numbers123
09-14-2011, 04:39 PM
My only caveat is that I have wondered if the actual dancers are visible to a live audience sitting up close. If that is the case, it may destroy some of the illusion created by the light show.

This is why I don't think that they could maintain - Even on the TV screen, I could see the dancers so I am certain that you could see them up close.

Nan
09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I really like TI and appreciate the work they put into their act and how difficult it might be, but after a while all the stuff they do begins to look alike even though it might not be the same.

I could listed to Landau for an entire evening. I hope he gets it.

Rob
09-14-2011, 09:44 PM
I think TI could do a whole show and could probably black out the theater better than on AGT.
I could watch a Landau or PopLyfe concert.

But no-one this season is as WOW as Terry Fator.

A whole show of Silhouettes would make me hurl -- way too much sugar.

skatesindreams
09-14-2011, 09:58 PM
But no-one this season is as WOW as Terry Fator.

It's easy to see why he got that big contract.

Allen
09-14-2011, 09:59 PM
A whole show of Silhouettes would make me hurl -- way too much sugar.

I thought the very first thing they did was kind of cool, but since then it's just been disgustingly sweet.

For me, Team Illuminate is the clear winner, but I doubt it's going to go that way in the public vote because I almost never agree with the winner when it's left up to the public.