PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

rfisher
07-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I was sorry for Dani. She's a great quirky singer, with a great look, but trying to do original or obscure material on a national TV show just doesn't work. I don't think any of the 4 from this week will go through to the finals.

taf2002
07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
So would a magic act or any other performer for that matter. If you've ever been to Celine Dion's Vegas show, she does the same set each night.

:shudder: I can't imagine a worst torture than having to sit through Celine Dion's show.

The Silhouettes just performed and I can't believe all the judges are eating it up - I thought it was embarrassing :scream:

My husband was eating it up. I thought it was pandering at its worst but he isn't as cynical as I am.

Aceon6
07-21-2011, 03:03 PM
My husband was eating it up. I thought it was pandering at its worst but he isn't as cynical as I am.

It was right up there with the country AI contestants doing God Bless the USA or some such. Gotta give them credit for choosing something that was guaranteed to bring them votes, though. With the size of the group, they should be able to get through to the finals just on family, friends and folks like your husband.

taf2002
07-21-2011, 06:47 PM
The pole dancer shouldn't have gotten through. When they had the professional performers later in the show, those 2 guys on the poles made him look completely no-talent. And his tuck turned me off. Did he think he was doing a drag show? Either do one or don't, don't be half-assed. (My husband said I shouldn't have been noticing something like that. But I'm not blind.)

I didn't like the bike guys going through either. I thought the magician was much better. OTOH a talent that comes in 4th in the quarterfinal probably isn't going to make the next round anyway.

genevieve
07-21-2011, 08:26 PM
It was right up there with the country AI contestants doing God Bless the USA or some such. Gotta give them credit for choosing something that was guaranteed to bring them votes, though. With the size of the group, they should be able to get through to the finals just on family, friends and folks like your husband.
yeah, it was a classic pandering trick - but even on the scale of shameless pandering, they were terrible!!

I also appreciated the panel of non-Americans (isn't Howie Canadian? Although Sharon may be a US citizen by now) going apeshit over that schlock.

altai_rose
07-22-2011, 01:42 AM
I haven't seen the last episode so I'm not sure how the Silhouettes performed but I got to say I absolutely loved their audition. Just a beautiful combination of innocence, hope, and youthful aspirations in a thoughtfully choreographed piece. It was so refreshing to watch.

rfisher
07-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Poplyfe are incredibly talented. I hope they get a good record deal and a good producer. They could have a great future. The Sh'boys are majorly cute, but I wouldn't pay to go see them. I would Poplyfe.

The magician was really good.

Allen
07-27-2011, 03:00 AM
Poplyfe are incredibly talented. I hope they get a good record deal and a good producer. They could have a great future. The Sh'boys are majorly cute, but I wouldn't pay to go see them. I would Poplyfe.

The magician was really good.

I agree. I've liked Poplyfe more and more each time I see them. I loved their take on Rolling in the Deep.

I somehow missed the magician before tonight, but I thought he was very, very good.

I kind of want a non-singing act to win this year, but I'd be okay if Poplyfe won.

Pretty Vegas
07-27-2011, 03:03 AM
I love Landau!!

rfisher
07-27-2011, 03:04 AM
I agree. I've liked Poplyfe more and more each time I see them. I loved their take on Rolling in the Deep.

I somehow missed the magician before tonight, but I thought he was very, very good.

I kind of want a non-singing act to win this year, but I'd be okay if Poplyfe won.

She didn't oversing the song. Her voice was a problem in rehersal and she didn't try to screech out the song. Excellent performance.

I love this guy from WV. He's a local hero.

numbers123
07-27-2011, 03:08 AM
I want the little kids acts to go away and never show up again. They are like a mosquito = buzzing around, looking to suck the blood out of you and all you want to do is smack them.

Allen
07-27-2011, 03:10 AM
I want the little kids acts to go away and never show up again. They are like a mosquito = buzzing around, looking to suck the blood out of you and all you want to do is smack them.

I always felt bad for feeling that way, glad I'm not the only one.

rfisher
07-27-2011, 03:13 AM
I'll just bet these girls are popular at biker ralleys. :lol:

rfisher
07-27-2011, 03:29 AM
I hate when they put lots of good acts on the same week. Last week sucked and 4 acts went through that would be beat by several of the acts this week. It's unfortunate some won't go.

I agree with the judges about the 12 yo singer. You can hear the power in her voice, but she's not ready yet. She should try for the Voice in a couple of years.

Allen
07-27-2011, 03:46 AM
Lys Agnes was kind of fabulous. I love seeing her all tiffed in the lace and feather jump suit.

Does anyone else not care about Professor Splash at all? Him doing the high dive is so not interesting to me.