PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

rfisher
09-07-2011, 04:09 AM
I actually voted tonight. I gave equal votes to PopLyfe, Landau and Team Illuminate. And because I loved them in the quarter finals, I threw a couple of votes to Miami AllStars.

Allisanna
09-07-2011, 04:15 AM
He's done Frank and Dean, maybe he'll do Sammy for the final.

I want him to sing "New York, New York" in the finals.

Nan
09-07-2011, 04:16 AM
My top 4 are
TI, Landau, Pop Lyfe and surprisingly, Silhouettes.

These are my top four also. I'd be very happy if either TI or Landau won.

rfisher
09-07-2011, 04:24 AM
I want him to sing "New York, New York" in the finals.

I'd like him to do That's Life. I think it would be a great reflection of his life. If he makes it to the finals, his hometown is going to rent the local fieldhouse and have a huge watch party next week. They rented a movie theater the last two weeks. You've no idea how small Logan, WV is and the total lack of opportunity apart from working in a coal mine. This is huge for him and the town.

Pretty Vegas
09-07-2011, 04:35 AM
I'd like him to do That's Life.

This is what I keep saying I want him to sing too! It's a great song and would be a great moment for him, I think.

taf2002
09-07-2011, 04:47 AM
I didn't see where Silouettes are a clear top 4....I saw two mistakes for one thing and for another I couldn't figure out what that music had to do with the space program. I also didn't like them going for the pity vote. I'm sorry those kids have physical challenges but this is a talent show, not who has the best backstory.

I thought Landon's trick was really good & I loved the pacing. I disagree that everything has to be rush rush entertain me. I votedfor him, Poplyfe, MAS, & Landau.

Jenna
09-07-2011, 04:49 AM
I didn't see where Silouettes are a clear top 4....I saw two mistakes for one thing and for another I couldn't figure out what that music had to do with the space program. I also didn't like them going for the pity vote. I'm sorry those kids have physical challenges but this is a talent show, not who has the best backstory.

I thought Landon's trick was really good & I loved the pacing. I disagree that everything has to be rush rush entertain me. I votedfor him, Poplyfe, MAS, & Landau.

First of all, it wasn't about the "space program". It was about believing in oneself and it was a montage of achievements - being elected as president, winning an Olympic medal, and yes, flying into outer space.

I didn't see any errors and I also don't think they went for the "pity vote." If you consider their backstory a pity vote, then you might as well count MAS, Lys Agnes, PopLyfe, and Landau as going for the pity vote as well.

KikiSashaFan
09-07-2011, 05:17 AM
I agree quite a few of them had "pity vote" back stories, but I also agree with Taf. I saw a few mistakes, a few spots where they weren't in synch and I don't see how this was any better or different than previous performances have been.

BaileyCatts
09-07-2011, 05:17 AM
I thought Landon's trick was really good & I loved the pacing. .

Just quoting since I'm asking about his act ... but what happened to the fishy? Wasn't the fish supposed to pop into the tank when he shoved his hand in the tank? I never saw the poor fishy again. :confused:

I agreed with Piers that Miami All Stars blew it with the theme. I kept watching it going "this is like a cheerleading team routine, where's the real act". Not what I was expecting after last weeks great number. They should have done like a big production Latin music ballroom/dance club type number like last weeks swing number. Even though they were my favs going in, I think they blew it with this number.

I don't know why West Springfield Dance team ever made it out of the You Tube rounds (or even INTO the You Tube round!). So they wear scary contacts and makeup, big deal. I've seen much better high school dance teams than that on those high school dance/cheerleading competition shows on TV.

I don't think Silhouettes have yet topped their original number. They are very interesting, but never quite beat their own first performance. I think they will probably get Top 4, but their first audition piece is still the best they have done to me.

After MAS blew it (I think they are out now because of it), I hope Landau wins.

Aceon6
09-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Again, I think the producers of the show have intentionally or unintentionally screwed some of the contestants. I can see it now "let's go for a more middle-America look for MAS" or "let's broaden Lys' appeal." The football theme took it completely away from MAS sweet spot, and I do not believe that there was ANY WAY that MAS would have thought of that on their own. Similarly, if Lys wanted to show that she could sing something else, why allow her to sing like a guy? There were many other choices that could have gotten cleared, including Breitman's entire body of work.

taf2002
09-07-2011, 02:34 PM
I couldn't make it thru Lys's performance but I didn't think it was much worse than her last one. Except what was the deal with her eye makeup? That was too weird.

skatesindreams
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
BaileyCatts, you spoke for me!

If TPTB have been "advising" contestants and "manipulating" content, they ruined the chances of several acts last night -- especially MAS.

Allen
09-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I feel like Miami All Stars were kind of on the edge. They had to be brought back by the judges. Then they delivered a terrific performance in the semi finals, which I think brought them some first time voters. Those voters probably didn't vote for them again last night.

I'd be very surprised if Team Illuminate, Landau, and Pop Lyfe don't make the finale. Based on performances last night alone, I think Silhouettes will take that 4th spot unless Anna Gracemann has enough fans to put her in the finale.

Rob
09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I actually voted tonight. I gave equal votes to PopLyfe, Landau and Team Illuminate. And because I loved them in the quarter finals, I threw a couple of votes to Miami AllStars.

We still agree. I gave equal to PopLyfe, Landau, and Illuminate. MAS blew it, but I still gave them a couple of votes. I also threw a couple of votes to Landon just because I'd like to see a magician make the final and he's cute.

But I think the top 4 will be Illuminate, Silhouettes, Landau, and PopLyfe.

Great:
Illuminate and Landau knocked it out of the park.

Very Good:
Silhouettes and PopLyfe did enough. (I guess S-ettes spelled "America" last week - that is what it looked like in the recap anyway). Lots of cute kids between the 2 acts. It wasn't my fave PopLyfe number, but she's a star.

Good:
Landon was good, but it was slow and I wasn't sure if he was supposed to release the fish in the tank.
Anna was good, but she isn't better than PopLyfe.
MAS danced well, but I didn't like the theme. They have much better stuff.

Bad:
WSD - they really stepped it down - it was boring and didn't hold my attention. And Fatally Unique was better than them anyway.
Smage - too many mistakes

WTF: Lys Agnes - well, she sure has range, but I didn't like the interpretation - I didn't think it was off key, but it sounded forced and cheesy.

PeterG
09-08-2011, 12:25 AM
I didn't see where Silouettes are a clear top 4....

I didn't see where Silouettes are a clear top 4....

... I also don't think they went for the "pity vote."

I thought it was so touching when the Silhouettes mentor talked about all the rampant childhood disease within her group. So sad, too, but perhaps this will get them one or two extra votes.

Luckily, all the diseases she rattled off were the "big-name" diseases. None of those piddly rare diseases nobody knows anything about. Congrats on your top four placement, Silhouettes!

/sarcasm