PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Rob
08-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Definitely must go through: PopLyfe, Miami All Stars, Team Illuminate
Deserve to go through: Lys Agnes, Daniel, West Springfield, Beth Ann
Good performances, but didn't quite stack up againt this group: Zuma Zuma, Melissa Villasenor
Should not go through: Barless Russian Bar (total suicide WTF), Kevin Colis (he's not awful, but it was a awkward performance), Bike guy who fell down (interesting act, but I agree with Piers - I am done after a minute or two).

I love PopLyfe, but I was hoping for something other than singing to win. At least they are a band and not a solo singer.

Beth Ann was lovely and her transitions were better. I'd love for SYTYCD to last long enough for her to be age eligible.

How does this week compare to the potential next week:

Anna Graceman Singer - depends on her song choice and performance
Fatally Unique Dance Crew - i love them
Gymkana Gymnastics/Acrobatics Troupe - they're Terps, but I just don't know
The Kinetic King Trick Designer - just not a Vegas act to me
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. Singer - I like him
Landon Swank Magician/Illusionist - I hope he knocks it out of the park
Professor Splash Shallow Diver - he's not a Vegas act to me either
Silhouettes Silhouette Performers - depends on how long the gimmick will work
Smage Brothers Riding Shows Stunt Motorcyclists - not my kind of act
Snap Boogie Dancer - depends on his performance
Steven Retchless Male Pole Dancer - probably the end for him
Summerwind Skippers Jump Rope Acrobatic Troupe - I'd prefer Gymkana or Zuma Zuma as far as acrobatic troupes go

rfisher
08-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Does Julliard offer dance scholarships? I really hope AGT is a springboard for Beth Ann to get funded or be offered a position in a dance company. The Vegas thing is a one show event and she's certainly not that. The exposure from the show could be her biggest asset. Evan acts like Zuma Zuma can benefit from this show. Fighting Gravity secured a contract with one of the Vegas shows so you don't have to win to do well. In fact, the non-vocal acts have had greater post show success than the singing acts. I think Miama All Stars and Team Illuminate will both be successful regardless of where they place in the finals. I want both to go through to the final round because I want to see them again. I also think Piers is correct about Poplyfe. They don't need to win (although it would help). They just need a good agent and producer to get them a record deal and promote them. She's an amazing talent and the boys in the band are really quite good. They could make themselves and a smart producer a ton of money.

skatesindreams
08-24-2011, 05:41 PM
rfisher,

Entire post:
:respec:

rfisher
08-25-2011, 02:09 AM
First elimination: Zuma Zuma, Bikeguy, Russian N0-Bar (pitiful) and Team Illuminate. Should be no contest among this group. I do hope ZZ is able to parley this into work for them.

TI through. No surprise. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the finals.

Allen
08-25-2011, 02:18 AM
Demi Lavato is dressed like a goth Stevie Nicks and is performing on what looks like a gay junkyard.

Well, they eliminated the three we were all sure were going, so that's going to make the rest of the evening pretty interesting.

Garden Kitty
08-25-2011, 02:18 AM
I wouldn't vote for Demi Lovato to make it out of the semi-finals with this song.

rfisher
08-25-2011, 02:21 AM
Demi Lavato is dressed like a goth Stevie Nicks and is performing on what looks like a gay junkyard.

Well, they eliminated the three we were all sure were going, so that's going to make the rest of the evening pretty interesting.
One of my faculty was insistant that the bikeguy was going through and could win. :lol: But then, they didn't like TI or Miami dance or even Poplyfe. And she hated Prince Poppycock last year.

I wouldn't vote for Demi Lovato to make it out of the semi-finals with this song.

Me either. Which just goes to show, one doesn't have to actually sing well to sell records.

rfisher
08-25-2011, 02:24 AM
Poplyfe vs Lys Agnes. Has to be Poplyfe here.

Both through. Knew that if they were close in votes. Which means it's going to be a hard choice between the dance teams.

Garden Kitty
08-25-2011, 02:27 AM
I could have lived without either of them, but between the 2, I'd pick PopLyfe.

Allen
08-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Poplyfe vs Lys Agnes. Has to be Poplyfe here.

I had a weird feeling it was going to be both of them.

So that means that two of Beth Ann, Miami All Stars, West Springfield, and Daniel are out.

Allen
08-25-2011, 02:28 AM
One of my faculty was insistant that the bikeguy was going through and could win. :lol: But then, they didn't like TI or Miami dance or even Poplyfe. And she hated Prince Poppycock last year.

I didn't know you worked with Jenna :saint:

rfisher
08-25-2011, 02:31 AM
Miama All Stars, Youtube guy and Melissa

And MAS through :cheer2:

Sorry for Melissa, but I'm thrilled for MAS.

Garden Kitty
08-25-2011, 02:31 AM
I'd have picked Miami All Stars from that trio as well.

Allen
08-25-2011, 02:33 AM
I'd personally rather West Springfield go through than Daniel or Beth Ann, but I'm not sure that will happen.

rfisher
08-25-2011, 02:34 AM
At least half of the final should be really good. I don't think any of them will pull a Russian Bar. That is a whole new standard for how to royally screw yourself.