PDA

View Full Version : AGT the live shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Allen
08-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Right now I want - TI, Poplyfe, Miami, West Springfield and Daniel to get through.

I agree. Daniel is on the bubble for me with Melissa.

Allen
08-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Lys Agnes was really fabulous too.

Garden Kitty
08-24-2011, 03:57 AM
Lys may have been good, but I don't really think I'd enjoy hearing her sing for 30 minutes.

rfisher
08-24-2011, 03:59 AM
It's easier to say who shouldn't go through tonight: biker, No-bar (stupid, stupid, stupid), youtube singer.

Must go through: Poplyfe and Team Illuminate

Other three spots are up for grabs. I can't predict who'll get the votes.

Allen
08-24-2011, 03:59 AM
I feel like Team iLuminate, Miami All Stars, and Poplyfe are pretty much locks.

Then between West Springfield, Melissa, Lys Agnes, and Daniel is going to be interesting.

Zuma Zuma and Beth Ann could also potentially figure in.

Jenna
08-24-2011, 04:20 AM
Lots of talent tonight..it's really going to be hard.

Russian Bar Trio absolutely blew it. I loved them. What an idiotic move!

taf2002
08-24-2011, 04:28 AM
Team Illuminate doesn't have even close to the amt of talent that Miami All-Stars do. They depend on a light show whereas a real dance troupe depends on hard work & skill. (I do think the choreographer is brilliant tho.)

My favorites tonight were Poplyfe, Miami All-Stars, Zuma Zuma, & Beth Ann. I'm also really disappointed in the Russian Bar people. I don't really care about the others. Lys Agnes is good but I couldn't even make it thru one song. She's not really entertaining to me.

Allen
08-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Team Illuminate doesn't have even close to the amt of talent that Miami All-Stars do. They depend on a light show whereas a real dance troupe depends on hard work & skill. (I do think the choreographer is brilliant tho.)

I totally disagree with you there, but that's your opinion. As far as an act goes, I could see myself paying to go see Team Illuminate multiple times. As good as Miami All Stars are, I'm not sure I would ever actually pay to see them live.

taf2002
08-24-2011, 04:47 AM
I totally disagree with you there, but that's your opinion. As far as an act goes, I could see myself paying to go see Team Illuminate multiple times. As good as Miami All Stars are, I'm not sure I would ever actually pay to see them live.

Well, I didn't like that group last year...the college kids that did a similar act. And I hear they now have an act in Vegas. So what do I know?

Jenna
08-24-2011, 04:51 AM

My favorites tonight were Poplyfe, Miami All-Stars, Zuma Zuma, & Beth Ann. I'm also really disappointed in the Russian Bar people. I don't really care about the others. Lys Agnes is good but I couldn't even make it thru one song. She's not really entertaining to me.

Wow, I thought I was the only one!

I really appreciate Team iLuminate because of all of the hard work and skill that goes into their act. But it just doesn't seem "wow" me like some of the others (PopLyfe, Miami All Stars, even West Springfield and Beth Ann).

Allen
08-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Well, I didn't like that group last year...the college kids that did a similar act. And I hear they now have an act in Vegas. So what do I know?

You didn't like Fighting Gravity? Wow.

taf2002
08-24-2011, 06:13 AM
You didn't like Fighting Gravity? Wow.

It was ok once. Then it was same old same old. But maybe I have strange taste cause I don't like the zombie dancers either.

Allen
08-24-2011, 02:48 PM
It was ok once. Then it was same old same old. But maybe I have strange taste cause I don't like the zombie dancers either.

I think we're just on different wavelengths. I love all three of those groups. Part of it may be that Fighting Gravity and West Springfield are from Virginia, so I feel some sort of home state pride. But I also have to say that seeing such off kilter acts come out of Virginia is really surprising.

Flatfoote
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Still watching my DVR recording. Just watched Beth Ann perform. Her demeanor during the critique reminded me a bit of gymnast Alicia Sacramone. The way she smiled and stuff.

Up next, Russian (no-bar) team. Not sure I want to see this, after all the comments here.

Flatfoote
08-24-2011, 04:07 PM
It annoys me when an act says my next performance will be awesome. I want to see it now, not the next time you perform. If I don't see it now, there won't be a next time. So far, I'd put ZZ and Beth Ann through. I'm hoping PopLyfe and Team Illuminate don't disappoint.

ETA: I LOVE THIS KID. She is amazing. And I like the band.

I totally agree with this!!! I tried to rep you, but got the error note that I need to spread rep around before sending it to you "again." I rep'd you back in January, and have rep'd 6 other people since then. Not sure how much spreading around is required before I rep you again. Oh well.