PDA

View Full Version : Joe Jonas Heckled, Pelted With Foam Balls at Concert

Pages : [1] 2

Rex
07-11-2011, 07:20 PM
:lol: I've got to stop reading The Daily Mail, I swear! (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2013495/Joe-Jonas-pelted-face-basketballs-Paper-magazine-party-New-York.html#ixzz1Rot47Znq). First I find out about Greta Scacchi, and now this! I'm not a fan of his, but this was so harsh. I don't really like hipsters either.

He may be adored by teenage girls, but it seems Joe Jonas' efforts to extend his fan base in New York last week failed in spectacular fashion.
The middle Jonas brother, 21, is said to have been attacked by hostile hipsters during a gig in Brooklyn. He was pelted with green foam mini-basketballs at a Paper magazine party in the trendy New York neighbourhood of Williamsburg, according to the New York Daily News.

'Save for a group of adoring girls at the front of the crowd, Jonas did not encounter very much love from the hard-core Williamsburg crowd in their frayed jeans, acid-washed tanks, jean vests and oversize eyeglass frames,' reports the publication's Gatecrasher column. The crowd booed the Disney star as he took to the stage to perform five songs from his new album.

Satellitegirl
07-11-2011, 07:33 PM
yeah hipsters are just as annoying, if not more annoying, than the jonas brothers.

RockTheTassel
07-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I guess they finally got bored of mocking Rebecca Black. But making fun of the Jonas Brothers? That's so 2008. :P

Rex
07-11-2011, 07:54 PM
yeah hipsters are just as annoying, if not more annoying, than the jonas brothers.

I hate their hats and clothes, especially those skinny jeans with the outdated sneakers. Like they are too hip for The Jonas Brothers :rolleyes:.

Of course, maybe Jonas should have picked another venue to perform his songs. One with a more appreciative crowd.

Cheylana
07-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes, it's an odd choice of venue. Williamsburg is chock-a-block with childfree hipsters who aren't going to be interested in the Jonas Brothers or anything that doesn't meet their rigorous artistic standards (read: angsty starving indie musicians). Regardless, it's extremely rude to throw things at the boy. :rolleyes:

orbitz
07-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Bieber got eggs thrown at him at a concert Down Under. At least Joe got pelted with foam mini-basketballs :lol:. Good for him for finishing all 5 of songs though.

Garden Kitty
07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Really bad behavior. If you're at the party for the paper, you're enjoying their food and drink.. If you don't like the entertainment. go home, but don't create an incident for the sponsor of the event.

DarrellH
07-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Shows that he should think twice about performing in front of a crowd old enough to buy beer.:D

genevieve
07-11-2011, 10:15 PM
ugh, I have a coworker "friend" who was really proud of having gone to some Microsoft party and heckled whoever the band was (I can't rememember who it was, but some one hit wonder from the '80s). She thought she was incredibly rad for dissing his music to his face at a posh corporate event...I just think that's totally classless.

And yes, she's a hipster, even though she hates being called that :lol:

Rex
07-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Ok, it wasn't nice, but this line is classic:

The publication reports two men 'pegged Jonas in the face with their balls. They also nailed one of his backup singers
:lol:

bek
07-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Meh. I'm not a fan off the Jonas brothers At All. And I'll happily criticize their music here and online. (I realize they can read it) but I also know that it takes a lot of bravery to perform in front of a crowd, and I can't imagine being that disrespectful. Plus what if they hurt someone.

I wonder if the hipsters would find it so hip if they were treated in a similar fashion.

cailuj365
07-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Ok, it wasn't nice, but this line is classic:

The publication reports two men 'pegged Jonas in the face with their balls. They also nailed one of his backup singers

LOL!

I wonder if the hipsters would find it so hip if they were treated in a similar fashion.

They'd probably find it ironic and thus love it all the more.

Anita18
07-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Not Joe! He's the hot one! :drama:

Rex
07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Not Joe! He's the hot one! :drama:

He needs to rethink that "Deliverance" haircut.

Badams
07-12-2011, 02:58 PM
What is a hipster?