PDA

View Full Version : Kindle or Nook?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

orbitz
11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Nook Touch on sale on Black Friday for $79 ! Ooh, I think I'll have to get one ... if there will be any left by the time I get to B&N.

Spinner
11-25-2011, 05:27 AM
Nook Touch on sale on Black Friday for $79 ! Ooh, I think I'll have to get one ... if there will be any left by the time I get to B&N.

Not to worry. Stores were shipped a supply of special edition Nook Simple Touch devices (they're white) for this promotion, but they can sell their entire supply at this price. Trust me, the stores have LOTS on hand. But do remember, this price is good ONLY on Friday. Saturday morning they're back to $99.

Prancer
11-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Not to worry. Stores were shipped a supply of special edition Nook Simple Touch devices (they're white) for this promotion, but they can sell their entire supply at this price. Trust me, the stores have LOTS on hand. But do remember, this price is good ONLY on Friday. Saturday morning they're back to $99.

Hmmm, interesting. Is it possible to have two e-readers and one account? My husband might like a Simple Touch, but I would prefer to have it registered to my Nook account. I would guess it would be fine, since I have the Nook app on my cell phone and everything syncs.

Hmmm.....

jlai
11-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Bestbuy gives you an SD card with 2 gb with 30 free books when you get the Nook Touch, Tablet or Color. The card is in standard B&N packaging, so perhaps B&N sells the devices with the cards.

Spinner
11-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Is it possible to have two e-readers and one account? My husband might like a Simple Touch, but I would prefer to have it registered to my Nook account. I would guess it would be fine, since I have the Nook app on my cell phone and everything syncs.

Hmmm.....

Yup, go get one ;)

DORISPULASKI
11-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Hmmm.....

I can't tell you about B&N, but at Amazon, if you already had a Kindle and ordered a Kindle Fire, they assumed I was upgrading: all my books are available on my husbands Fire, so it's one account with 2 Kindles. By the way, I bought a capacitive pointer for him, and it has resolved any touchscreen issues he had. It cost $5. The screen is shinier than I like for reading--I understand there is an anti-glare cover available for it, but I'm not bothering.

As to IN, to get full screen, spreading your fingers out like you do with I-products works-I get to watch in a good aspect ratio and was able to leave up a scrap with the order of skate, which is my preference.

topaz
11-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Get this, I get employee discounts at different stores via my company's exclusive deal with Discounts 4 you and Corporate Perks.

Today, I missed a whopper of a deal; $125 off Nook Tablet. Needless to say it was sold out when I reviewed the offer via email just now.

The HUMANITY of me of all folks not seeing this deal. :rofl:

Spinner
11-25-2011, 10:39 PM
So...I...um....went to the...um...dark side...:shuffle:

I bought a Nook Simple Touch

galaxygirl
11-25-2011, 11:07 PM

Welcome. :EVILLE:

orbitz
11-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Hehe, I got one first thing this morning also. It was the only piece of shopping I've done the whole day. Honestly, it's not something I need but for $80 why the heck not :)

It'd be interesting to find out how many Simple Touch B&N sold today.

Prancer
11-25-2011, 11:25 PM

There, there, dear, it will be all right.

rfisher
11-25-2011, 11:29 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I feel so alone. :wuzrobbed

Southpaw
11-26-2011, 12:07 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I feel so alone. :wuzrobbed

Boo hoo hoo. Everybody's using a gadget but you. Boo hoo hoo.

vesperholly
11-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Is web browsing any good with the Kindle Fire? I got a regular Kindle this summer for my birthday, but web browsing is a giant PITA. I know it's experimental and all that, but it shouldn't be this much trouble reading a mostly text website (markreads.net). It's much easier to read on my iPhone, though I hate that it's so small and now I'm lusting after an iPad ...

Everything is cloud-oriented these days, which makes my computer programmer husband crazy. He thinks it's all a very bad idea to rely on cloud storage, but people do it all the time now.

I'd really be interested in hearing more about why he dislikes it. My workplace is jumping on the bandwagon with cloud and I think it's going to be a disaster if when it crashes.

jlai
11-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Web browsing is good on fire but you get more out of kindle if you use amazon regularlyalready