PDA

View Full Version : Nadya Sulemon & 12 Kids Fly Business Class

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

skatemomaz
07-11-2011, 10:02 AM
How did she pay for the IVF treatment? It doesn't come cheap.

And, it's not her fault that the media started following her around and treating her like a freak show.

Not sure I agree with that. Didn't she openly express a desire to have a reality show similar to Jon & Kate plus 8? I seem to recall it was her goal to have multiple children by IVF. I believe she welcomed the media attention.

sk9tingfan
07-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I give credit where credit is due: the fact that she can manage eight toddlers without losing her mind day in day out and be committed to raising her nine kids in total as a single mom is pretty impressive.

BTW, she has six older children; a total of 14.

Rafter
07-11-2011, 02:22 PM
On another forum there was a story recently about airlines that are adopting a "no children" policy for business and first class. The discussion...lively to say the least. I can only imagine how the idea of flying with Octomom and her funny car kids would impact that debate. :lol:

Interesting. I hadn't heard this. Will be interesting to see if it goes through. My husband and I flew first class to the UK in April with our 9 month old. I was kind of dreading it at first thinking of the other passengers in case she got fussy, but she more or less slept the whole way there and most of the way back. I'm not sure I'd fly first class with a toddler though. I wouldn't enjoy it and the other passengers wouldn't either.

genevieve
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.boston.com/travel/blog/2011/06/airline_bans_ba.html

Looks like only Malaysia Airlines has instituted this so far, but there are other airlines considering it - and I was wrong, it's only first class, not business class. The article says the rule is "no babies", but talks about how irritating children are on flights, so I'm not sure what the age cutoff is, or may be for the other airlines considering a similar rule. IME, tiny babies on flights tend to cry mostly on takeoff and landing, the rest of the time they're not doing much. The young kids are more likely to be disruptive, since it's difficult to quietly entertain a young child in a small cramped space for hours on end.

It still doesn't address what happened here, where children in business class were bothering someone in first class.

Cheylana
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
No matter what you may say about Sulemon, she deserves full points for patience.
And minus a billion points for deliberately choosing to:

use her uterus like a clown car over and over when she had no job and no partner
And I'm with Johnson; I'd be pissed if I paid big bucks for a first-class or business-class seat and had to listen to 12 screaming children.

genevieve
07-11-2011, 05:43 PM
But again - Johnson was in first class and Sulemon wasn't. Unless you're flying an airplane that has an actual separate cabin with walls and a door to keep noise from the riff raff out, first class does not guarantee silence from the other parts of the plane.

In general, I like Kristen Johnson as an actress, and I'm no fan of Octomom, but I think Johnson overreacted.

Or not - after all, she chose to leave the plane and (presumably) take a different flight, and if she's got the means to do it, why not.

julieann
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
NBC should have at least paid some intern to fly around with her and helped her out. Especially if they didn't pay her an appearance fee. They are the ones who asked her for the interview, they could have been far more accommodating since she said yes.

my little pony
07-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Or not - after all, she chose to leave the plane and (presumably) take a different flight, and if she's got the means to do it, why not.

i would have had to leave, just watching the clip at the bottom of the article gave me hives

that's too many kids for one person to fly with properly w/o a case of tylenol PM on hand

BigB08822
07-11-2011, 06:15 PM
NBC should have at least paid some intern to fly around with her and helped her out. Especially if they didn't pay her an appearance fee. They are the ones who asked her for the interview, they could have been far more accommodating since she said yes.

As someone else said, she was almost surely paid for use of pictures or video or even missed work (even if she has no actual job, she could have been trying to make money during that time). Saying they didn't pay for an interview is almost always semantics. They paid for other things, and probably handsomely.

Veronika
07-11-2011, 08:05 PM
How did she pay for the IVF treatment? It doesn't come cheap.

I believe that the doctor did not bill her, and his license was later revoked: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/06/a-matter-octomom-doctor-michael-kamrava.html

orbitz
07-11-2011, 08:13 PM
On another forum there was a story recently about airlines that are adopting a "no children" policy for business and first class.

Donny Osmond was on a TV talk show discussing that very topic. He said that he totally agree with the idea, because people are paying xtra money to be in first class. He pretty much implied that it was ok for people in economy class to have to suffer any insufferable little brats but not the people in 1st class :eek:. I was like, "Wait a minute... I don't want any little brats in the economy class either." LOL.

I'd rather deal with babies crying than have to sit next to a heavy person though. Most babies will stop crying eventually but often time you cannot change your seat.

Garden Kitty
07-11-2011, 09:17 PM
As someone else said, she was almost surely paid for use of pictures or video or even missed work (even if she has no actual job, she could have been trying to make money during that time). Saying they didn't pay for an interview is almost always semantics. They paid for other things, and probably handsomely.

She also had some other appearances in the area. I know she was on the radio promoting some boxing or similar match she was doing. So perhaps NBC paid the airfare, which let her make some more money at other events on the East Coast.

I can understand being annoyed if you were on a plane with her. The clips from the Today Show were annoying to me, but what did Johnson think Ocotomom should do? I'm sure it's not like she wasn't trying, but she just wasn't capable of handling them. At that point, telling her to travel with help isn't going to accomplish anything. But I don't fault Johnson for getting off it worked with her plans.

Hannahclear
07-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey, it's not like she has any other way to make a living besides being a K-list celebrity. There was a on post on The Stir, this ridiculous mom blog I read, that had her saying nasty things about her children to some reporter. She seems, um a little stressed. Gee, I wonder why?

numbers123
07-11-2011, 11:07 PM
I can understand people being and have myself been irritated by screaming children before, but what solutions do you have for people with children who need to travel?

jamesy
07-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I can understand people being and have myself been irritated by screaming children before, but what solutions do you have for people with children who need to travel?
nyquil