PDA

View Full Version : Lame and Weird Excuses (Athletes)

Pages : [1] 2

BigB08822
07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Some of these are just :lol:

Johnny Weir makes an appearance.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/weird.excuses/content.1.html?hpt=hp_t2

MikiAndoFan#1
07-07-2011, 09:06 PM
they lost because at least five of his players were struck by lightning at their pre-tournament training camp in Pyongyang.

After failing to medal at the 2006 Winter Olympics, the American figure skater said, "I didn't feel my inner peace. I didn't feel my aura. I was black inside."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

These are great. Thanks for sharing. :)

overedge
07-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm surprised Emanuel Sandhu's "ghost in the hotel room" didn't make it onto this list. And the Johnny section should have also included the "missing the bus to the arena" episode...

BigB08822
07-07-2011, 09:10 PM
My favorite was the guy who didn't go to the White House because he felt like he was only invited because his team won the Super Bowl. LMAO! That is EXACTLY why you were invited, it is a tradition. Some people are so stupid! He even said "I bet Obama would have invited the other team if they won." LMAO :lol:

Cheylana
07-07-2011, 09:14 PM
My favorite was the guy who didn't go to the White House because he felt like he was only invited because his team won the Super Bowl. LMAO! That is EXACTLY why you were invited, it is a tradition. Some people are so stupid! He even said "I bet Obama would have invited the other team if they won." LMAO :lol:
Yeah, I don't think James Harrison is the sharpest tool in the shed :lol:

This one is really gross though:

After the Olympic cycling champion failed a doping test in 2004, he claimed the presence of genetically different red blood cells in his specimen belonged to a "vanishing twin" that had shared their mother's uterus with him. Hamilton was banned for two years and retired in April 2009 after failing another test.
So where did the twin go? Did Tyler eat him? :yikes:

genevieve
07-07-2011, 09:44 PM
So where did the twin go? Did Tyler eat him? :yikes:

ooo, this was the plot of an episode of...CSI? a couple of years ago. A criminal who knew he had 2 different sets of blood due to a reabsorbed twin, or something like that, so he committed all sorts of heinous crimes knowing that the DNA left on the victim would be different than any sample taken from an oral swab, or something like that. KRAYZEEE!

Artemis@BC
07-07-2011, 11:25 PM
^ Yup, it's called chimerism. It's extremely rare in humans, more common in "litter" animals. So .... not completely impossible, but given that the condition usually comes with a host of medical problems, highly unlikely for an elite athlete.

Japanfan
07-07-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm surprised Emanuel Sandhu's "ghost in the hotel room" didn't make it onto this list.

That's my favourite. But Sandhu wasn't high profile enough for TPTB to take note.

allezfred
07-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I can't believe Lashawn Merritt and his penile enhancing medication didn't make it. :eek: :lol:

mpal2
07-08-2011, 02:14 AM
This one was my favorite. :lol:

Yogi Berra

And, finally, an excuse that actually stands up, from the Yankees' beloved catcher and Hall of Famer: "Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting."

Holley Calmes
07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm surprised Emanuel Sandhu's "ghost in the hotel room" didn't make it onto this list. And the Johnny section should have also included the "missing the bus to the arena" episode...

Oh-do tell! I don't know about this story. I know I HAVE stayed in hotel rooms that were pretty scary....not bedbugs or dirty toilets but just felt wrong, and I had nightmares and very troubled sleep. I always wonder what goes on in these rooms - you know there are rapes, suicides in some of them over the years. I knew a hotel manager years ago who said there are suicides quite frequently. I don't wonder Emanuel could pick up on some bad vibes and not sleep or something. I understand! Maybe I'm looney too though....

aliceanne
07-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I think the "vanishing twin" was the most bizarre, but I also liked "overtrained athlete syndrome", "a masseuse with a grudge rubbed it on my legs", and "I bought it at the gas station".

Yehudi
07-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Honorable mention should go to Albina Deriugina who claimed Viner hired 15 psychics to put a hex on the Ukrainian rhythmic gymnastics team. The Deriuginas really believe in witch craft and when Irina was married to Oleg Blokhin, she and mommy dearest used to try and put hexes on all his opponents.

danceronice
07-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I think my favorite is "the girl I French-kissed the night before must have been using cocaine."

But you know, most of these--if you believe a lot them, there are some dim, gullible athletes out there. "I got it at a gas station," "I took it by mistake," "my masseuse used steroid cream instead of lotion," "they told me it was flaxseed oil..." So I could basically had them LSD and tell them it's aspirin and apparently they'd take it.

BigB08822
07-08-2011, 03:23 PM
But you know, most of these--if you believe a lot them, there are some dim, gullible athletes out there. "I got it at a gas station," "I took it by mistake," "my masseuse used steroid cream instead of lotion," "they told me it was flaxseed oil..." So I could basically had them LSD and tell them it's aspirin and apparently they'd take it.

If you assume their excuses are what they think actually happened. I think they all knowingly cheated and they are too dumb to come up with a better excuse or better yet, just keep their mouths shut!