PDA

View Full Version : Any Torchwood Fans?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

victoriaheidi
07-07-2011, 02:14 AM
I figured I'd get a thread started to see if anyone else is as excited as I am for Friday night!

Parsley Sage
07-07-2011, 02:29 AM
My PVR is already programmed. I thought it was Saturday though? On Space in Canada.

Jimena
07-07-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm excited! I thought the first two seasons had their moments but also had some rather mediocre episodes. But Children of Earth was great! I loved it. So I'm really looking forward to this season. How long is it supposed to be?

LilJen
07-07-2011, 02:34 AM
One day we'll get around to them on Netflix or something (no cable TV here)--for now we're still catching up with Dr Who (just started New season 5 with bow-tied Matt Smith). I find Captain Jack hilarious so I think I'd enjoy Torchwood.

my little pony
07-07-2011, 02:34 AM
yes! i love john barrowman, i'd watch him do a staged reading of the pilot episode of "small wonder"

mindy74
07-07-2011, 03:03 AM
After what he did to every character I loved on Torchwood, especially Ianto, I told myself and many others that I would never, ever watch another Russell T. Davies program.

Now, after watching John Barrowman interviews, and seeing pics from the set I am finding myself sliding and I think I am going to cave and watch it. I am weak.

Spareoom
07-07-2011, 04:00 AM
I like Torchwood! :D I'm excited for the new season; it looks pretty good. Apparently I can get Starz streaming on Netflix, so hopefully I'll be able to watch the season that way; if not, I'll be up to my usual ways. :p

victoriaheidi
07-07-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm excited! I thought the first two seasons had their moments but also had some rather mediocre episodes. But Children of Earth was great! I loved it. So I'm really looking forward to this season. How long is it supposed to be?

This season is 10 episodes long. It's a bit more like CoE, from what I've heard (one consistent alien vs. a new alien each week).

Ozzisk8tr
07-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Can't wait. Saturday night here in Australia too. Cap'n Jack... hot hot hot!

Bunny Hop
07-07-2011, 12:15 PM
After having to wait a week after the UK transmissions of each new Doctor Who episode, I'm looking forward to seeing Torchwood a week in advance of the UK!

Though I'll still never forgive them for killing off Ianto.

But as Ozzisk8tr said. Captain Jack is hot, so I'll be watching for that shallow reason, if nothing else!

CarolineL
07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
After what he did to every character I loved on Torchwood, especially Ianto, I told myself and many others that I would never, ever watch another Russell T. Davies program.

Now, after watching John Barrowman interviews, and seeing pics from the set I am finding myself sliding and I think I am going to cave and watch it. I am weak.

That's me too. And I know it will break my heart again. I fear for Rhys this time around.

victoriaheidi
07-07-2011, 04:01 PM
After having to wait a week after the UK transmissions of each new Doctor Who episode, I'm looking forward to seeing Torchwood a week in advance of the UK!

Though I'll still never forgive them for killing off Ianto.

But as Ozzisk8tr said. Captain Jack is hot, so I'll be watching for that shallow reason, if nothing else!

I cried SO MUCH when he died! Obviously, way more than with Tosh and Owen...

As for Rhys, I'm thinking he's safe (ATM) for two reasons:
1. He and Gwen just had a kid
2. Russell Davies once said something like, "I'd rather not kill Rhys because Gwen would never be the same after that-she'd blame Torchwood for his death and blah blah blah..."
In other words, it's not going to happen until Gwen changes a little more.

znachki
07-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Looking forward to it! The first two seasons of Torchwood were a bit hit or miss for me. But CotE was excellent. More of that please, and Miracle Day seems like it will be.

I'm also happy that the US doesn't have to wait to see it. Also, from what I understand, the BBC version is actually going to be a cut-down version - for content no less. Talk about reversal!

Artemis@BC
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty amped about it, and counting the days (it's Saturday for us in Canada -- but that's ok since I'm out Friday night anyway).

I watched CoE again last week to ramp up (and yes I did cry, again, at Ianto's death. and at the utterly heartbreaking decision Jack had to make at the end).

I'm remaining optimistic about the Americanization -- the trailers I've seen look pretty great. However I'll miss all the Cardiff settings.

I'm also happy that the US doesn't have to wait to see it. Also, from what I understand, the BBC version is actually going to be a cut-down version - for content no less. Talk about reversal!

"For content" as in time? Or language / sex / etc.? I know it used to run on BBC2 instead of 1 to allow for more racy content, but perhaps with the new US host it's gone beyond even that threshold.

Amy L
07-07-2011, 08:08 PM
The US version will be shorter due to time. The UK version will have different scenes for the longer time slot plus cuts for the nudity/sex/violence/etc. The episodes will all be slightly different depending whether you see the US or UK version. Though I am sure some intrepid fangeeks will eventually cut everything together online!

I have Netflix and I've never used their StarzPlay before, but looking around on it today I see that there's one feature on it called Live Starz Channel... so it looks like Netflix users can watch Torchwood for free as long as you have a plan that allows for their streaming. I just need to find their rebroadcast schedules, since I know that I'll have to miss some weeks (like the 15th - - Harry Potter!!)