PDA

View Full Version : Any Torchwood Fans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Artemis@BC
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Episode 7 = finally! This was by far the best episode yet. Primarily because it was almost entirely Jack & Gwen, who really are the only characters worth the name of Torchwood IMO. Their scenes in the car really rang true to how these characters have developed.

Then there was the backstoryline for Jack -- always interesting, and great insight into his character and his history. And some impressive imagery too.

And of course the nude scenes didn't hurt! :watch:

It will be very interesting to see how Angelo has engineered the miracle, if in fact he is behind it. I'm assuming it has something to do with Jack's blood -- and the 3 men who "bought" Jack.

Jimena
08-23-2011, 01:06 AM
I've been disappointed in this season. I think the writing's rather terrible, the production values suck (I mean, those camps. Please.), people are being very stupid and things don't make a lot of sense.

I know that a lot of people don't like Children of Earth, but I thought that the quality of the writing, the production and the acting were the best in the show's history.

This past episode was the first one approaching that level. And it was because it focused on Jack and Gwen.

Bunny Hop
08-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Episode 7 = finally! This was by far the best episode yet. Primarily because it was almost entirely Jack & Gwen, who really are the only characters worth the name of Torchwood IMO. Their scenes in the car really rang true to how these characters have developed.My thoughts exactly. Jack has pretty much been sidelined for a lot of the previous episodes, so finally having one that revolved around him reminded me of what had been missing from previous episodes.

And Gwen really, really, really annoyed me. Which meant that everything was as it should be. :lol:

Okay, it didn't advance the story terribly much, but it was a lot more enjoyable!

missflick
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
I am having fun wondering what Star Trek actor will show up next. Nana Visitor, John Lancie...

Bunny Hop
08-31-2011, 12:20 PM
I am having fun wondering what Star Trek actor will show up next. Nana Visitor, John Lancie...I didn't recognise Nana Visitor at first (but then I was never a huge fan of Deep Space 9), and I'm pretty sure they just told John De Lancie to play his role as Q.

Perhaps that's the answer - Miracle Day was created by the Q Continuum. :lol:

Artemis@BC
09-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Perhaps that's the answer - Miracle Day was created by the Q Continuum. :lol:

:lol: That's exactly what I said to my friend when we were watching!

CynicElle
09-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Well, I have no idea what John Barrowman was talking about -- I thought that was a great ending. Won't say anymore yet for those who haven't seen it, but my heart is still pounding.

victoriaheidi
09-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Well, I have no idea what John Barrowman was talking about -- I thought that was a great ending. Won't say anymore yet for those who haven't seen it, but my heart is still pounding.

I do kind of see what he was saying.

I was only dissatisfied by the idea that we get to deal with the families and Rex's immortality next season and that we didn't get to the bottom of why the families want what they want-and what's controlling them, and what became of them, blah blah. I was curious about that.

But no, I loved the episode and I think it was one of Torchwood's finest. Fingers crossed we get a season five!

sk8sue
09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I thought that maybe he was trying to make it more exciting by getting us to believe that Jack might not survive the season instead of presuming that as the hero and lead he was never in real jeopardy. I think that in my case it worked!

victoriaheidi
09-10-2011, 06:18 PM
I thought that maybe he was trying to make it more exciting by getting us to believe that Jack might not survive the season instead of presuming that as the hero and lead he was never in real jeopardy. I think that in my case it worked!

ITA

Jubak
09-11-2011, 01:52 AM
I had never seen the Barrowman epi of Hotel Babylon. I don't think BBC America showed us the whole series, though. That was hysterical!

Anyway, my 2 cents. I don't think I like these "earth is in peril" mini-series at all. I liked the self-contained yet moving forward single episodes of the original Torchwood. It wasn't all aliens - there was the "Welshman of the Corn" (my name) with the town killing & eating visitors wandering into their area or barns. There was the Fairies episode which wasn't aliens, but "presences" on earth taking & protecting the chosen child. There was the epi about the whale-like alien which human men were cutting up for beef while the poor thing was alive. Anyway, there were lots of episodes without car chases & major explosions. And so many things that touched me & made me cry. This didn't have anything like that.

missflick
09-12-2011, 08:05 AM
I figured someone would not survive. But I did not expect Rex to become immortal.

MarieM
09-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I figured they'd all die, but nope. Now we have an american immortal. Pfffffffff.
It's not Torchwood at all. No reference to aliens or to the doctor. I miss episodes that stand alone.
I hope it's just that first season, to "plant" the world of Torchwood on american soil. But go back to what TORCHWOOD is. The darker pendant to Doctor Who.

Bunny Hop
09-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I found the final episode quite compelling, but how many damn endings did it have? Every time I thought it was over, there was more!

I actually think they missed the opportunity to end the series decisively. Instead it's just going to trickle to an end, because I doubt there will be any more, given the general reaction to this series has not been positive.

Agree with everyone who said they miss the stand alone episodes. And I was waiting for there to be an alien element, which was what Torchwood used to be about.

MarieM
09-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah no alien at all sucked !