PDA

View Full Version : Any Torchwood Fans?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Spareoom
07-07-2011, 08:22 PM
@ Amy L: Because this season of Torchwood is being produced and broadcast by Starz, I was under the impression that time constraints didn't apply because Starz doesn't have regular timeslots. So I don't think that the US version is going to be shorter than the UK version; but I could be wrong.

Oh, and if you google "Starz Schedule", you should get an online webpage that lists the times for everything showing on the Starz channel. I'm in the CST timezone, and Torchwood is going to be airing at 9pm.

ETA: Whoops, just saw that you were looking for the RE-broadcast schedules. I'm sure a google search will have that too. :)

victoriaheidi
07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Question about Starz on Netflix-does the show get added to regular old Netflix after a day or so? I've never used the Starz feature before and I don't completely get how it works. :p

Amy L
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I got my "different versions" info from a Tweet by the Doctor Who Magazine editor:

http://i.imgur.com/0RonQ.png

znachki
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
"For content" as in time? Or language / sex / etc.? I know it used to run on BBC2 instead of 1 to allow for more racy content, but perhaps with the new US host it's gone beyond even that threshold.

Torchwood_MD on twitter has posted some RTD quotes from the Torchwood article in DWM about the episode differences in the US and the UK. Here is what he tweeted:

RTD in DWM, "A few of the racier scenes might be edited for a BBC audience."

"In fairness its an unusual situation, Capt Jack is a children's hero...you cannot deny that some children will watch Torchwood." RTD in DWM

RTD also explains the edits made to Steven's death scene in COE were VERY last minute. Three shots removed, the day before transmission!

"BBC One episodes have to hit the 54 minutes to fill that slot...Starz is happy with an episode that's 50, 51 minutes." RTD

"We won't cut material from the Starz episodes, we'll just add some extra material to the BBC episodes." RTD in DWM

So, cut for sex in the UK (apparently there is full-frontal male nudity - to which I say - about bloody time!), with some additional material to stretch the length to 54 when needed.

Spareoom
07-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Question about Starz on Netflix-does the show get added to regular old Netflix after a day or so? I've never used the Starz feature before and I don't completely get how it works. :p

No; apparently Netfix/Starz changed their agreements. New Starz episodes don't get uploaded to Netflix for 90 days. :(

miffy
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Not sure what the spoilers rule is about past series here, maybe I better put everything I say in :P

I was far more upset about Tosh and Owen than Ianto. :wuzrobbed I loved Tosh and after not liking Owen at first I had really come to love the character.

I could see Ianto's death coming a mile off - as soon as CoE started and Ianto was all clingy it was obvious they'd write him out as they had written themselves into a hole with that relationship - gets in the way of their whole Jack loves Gwen thing. :rolleyes:
I will be interested to see what they do with Rhys/Gwen in the future. Maybe set Jack up with someone else and make Gwen jealous...?

Artemis@BC
07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
... So, cut for sex in the UK (apparently there is full-frontal male nudity - to which I say - about bloody time!), with some additional material to stretch the length to 54 when needed.

Hmm, I wonder which version they'll air on Space. They don't normally cut for sex or language, and each episode runs in a 70 minute timeslot so could be either the 52 min or 54 min version.

Full frontal?!! :wideeyes: :watch:

victoriaheidi
07-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Hmm, I wonder which version they'll air on Space. They don't normally cut for sex or language, and each episode runs in a 70 minute timeslot so could be either the 52 min or 54 min version.

Full frontal?!! :wideeyes: :watch:

I want the 54-minute version! Oh well...I'm sure, as others have said, someone'll put all of the additional material online.

[The only nice thing is that I know whatever they include in the 54-minute won't be insanely pivotal to the plot (that wouldn't help much)-it'll just be other material.]

CarolineL
07-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Barrowman just tweeted that the BBC version is showing at 7:10p.m.! I doubt there will be much nudity in that one as there will be a load of kiddies wanting to tune in to see Captain Jack. I guess I am going with the Starz version

victoriaheidi
07-08-2011, 05:22 AM
Barrowman just tweeted that the BBC version is showing at 7:10p.m.! I doubt there will be much nudity in that one as there will be a load of kiddies wanting to tune in to see Captain Jack. I guess I am going with the Starz version

Haha, plus, that's pretty early.

Getting excited for the Starz version (and for the inevitable youtube posting of the BBC version)!

MarieM
07-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Torchwoooood !!
Let's hope I WON'T cry as mush as last year's 5 episodes. Moff, don't ruin this ! :)

CynicElle
07-08-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm going to watch it, but I refuse to get attached to any characters not named Jack or Gwen. That's not based on any spoilers (I haven't sought any out) -- it's just good practice after the last three seasons.

victoriaheidi
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm going to watch it, but I refuse to get attached to any characters not named Jack or Gwen. That's not based on any spoilers (I haven't sought any out) -- it's just good practice after the last three seasons.

My prediction is that many of the characters won't die, but just won't return ( la the team from CoE).

But there'll likely be plenty of deaths...

Amy L
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
If you have Comcast, you can stream it live using xfinity (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Torchwood%3A-Miracle-Day/171389/2023446129/Ep-101---The-New-World/videos). Apparently, some other Americans can get it to work too, but sad to say that it's GeoBlocked. :(

I thought it was okay to post here, since it's totally legal. Going to watch it now!

Cachoo
07-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Switched to Starz last night (punted Showtime)---looking forward to this series.