PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE Like Sandra Lee 4: It's Always Cocktail Time!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Rex
07-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Snark away Semi-Ho's. Feel free to lurve/snark on other Food Network/Cooking Channel/Bravo/A&E cooking show hosts as well....

jamesy
07-07-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm sad the title doesn't mention Aunt Sandy & Aunt Prancey's love of cooking with baby food.

Rex
07-07-2011, 02:10 AM
I'm sad the title doesn't mention Aunt Sandy & Aunt Prancey's love of cooking with baby food.

:rofl: Could Prancer actually be wrong about something? :shuffle:
*Rex looks for flights out of the country ASAP*.

Rex
07-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Non Semi-Ho topic: The Neelys open a new eatery in NYC (http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2011/07/neelys.html).
Pics of the new place, including some of the menu items (http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2011/07/neelys.html#photo=1x00012).

New Yorkers, let us know what this place is like, please?

BigB08822
07-09-2011, 03:24 AM
My answer to the thread question is still NO but I sure do love to hate on her. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that she gets a 4 part thread (and counting).

Rex
07-09-2011, 05:20 PM
My answer to the thread question is still NO but I sure do love to hate on her. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that she gets a 4 part thread (and counting).
She deserves it. We love her so here...

Scintillation
07-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Well I went down to Memphis last year with some friends and I was so pissed we never got to go to Neely's BBQ place there. I think they were deliberately trying to keep me from going into some kind of FN overload. I am going to NYC next week so maybe we'll get a chance to stop by there for lunch, since we have a different restaurant reservation for every single night we're there.
My only request: Gina Neely cannot be within 1/2 a mile of the eatery itself, otherwise I will hear her effing annoying voice.

Scintillation
07-10-2011, 03:52 AM
And I don't know if anyone has posted these videos testing out Sandy's russipees, but I do love the King cake one ("It tastes like breadstick dough and frosting...")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvaX5rNEA4

Rex
07-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Well I went down to Memphis last year with some friends and I was so pissed we never got to go to Neely's BBQ place there. I think they were deliberately trying to keep me from going into some kind of FN overload. I am going to NYC next week so maybe we'll get a chance to stop by there for lunch, since we have a different restaurant reservation for every single night we're there.
My only request: Gina Neely cannot be within 1/2 a mile of the eatery itself, otherwise I will hear her effing annoying voice. Wear some earplugs and tell us what the fried pickles taste like. Her voice is like an elephant sitting on a bagpipe.

And I don't know if anyone has posted these videos testing out Sandy's russipees, but I do love the King cake one ("It tastes like breadstick dough and frosting...")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvaX5rNEA4 :lol: It was a really bad one, but so giggle-worthy.

ArtisticFan
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
My only request: Gina Neely cannot be within 1/2 a mile of the eatery itself, otherwise I will hear her effing annoying voice.

There BBQ place is very nice and I am not usually a fan of Tennessee BBQ. Her voice and his mannerisms were much less annoying at a recent cooking show in Atlanta. So take heart that maybe it is merely a television voice.

Scintillation
07-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah I did notice on an early Paula Deen episode when they were her special guests, Gina was MUCH less irritating.
An elephant sitting on a bagpipe?:rofl: Awesome.

So I was completely delighted when I turned on the TV this morning during breakfast to find a Semi-Ho episode on. IT'S BEEN TOO LONG. I'm pretty sure she was drunk by the dessert segment, then she proclaimed her starfish tablescape to be cheaper than just buying flowers. Really? Where are you buying your flowers, exactly?
Who wants a grilled salmon slider slathered in a combination of bottled tartar sauce, sweet chili sauce, and cream cheese? Anyone?

Nomad
07-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Who wants a grilled salmon slider slathered in a combination of bottled tartar sauce, sweet chili sauce, and cream cheese? Anyone?

Depends on how much you've had to drink.

Oh, no. I feel a song coming on. Sh*t. Sorry, kids, I can't resist.

Seasoning Packets

(formerly known as "Stormy Weather",with sincere apologies to Ethel Waters)

Don't know why
The snark level is so high
Seasoning packets
There are much worse other rackets
Folks snarkin' all the time
The time
Keep snarkin' all the time.

Spice-rack's bare
Not a fresh herb anywhere
Seasoning packets
If there's something that I lack it's
A sense of taste or shame
Or shame
Kirkland vodka's to blame.

I stumble 'round
With a cocktail in hand
Add this and that
Yet my food is still bland
I scream at all the minions under my command
Booze!
Booze!
Booze!
Booze!
I'll have one more drink and then puke in the sink....

Vile meals
Got me high-priced cookbook deals
Seasoning packets
Though I admit I'm a hack it's
Bringin' in the cash
The cash
For my culinary trash....

Cachoo
07-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Honestly I would rather see Sandra than Paula and her sons or any other of her relatives. I think her thick, syrupy southern accent (and I like southern accents) is just a bit too fake. But I think Sandra should move to DIY and give an actual chef her spot on the Food Network who could focus on cooking and lose the "tablescapes."

Rex
07-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Depends on how much you've had to drink.

Oh, no. I feel a song coming on. Sh*t. Sorry, kids, I can't resist.

Seasoning Packets

(formerly known as "Stormy Weather",with sincere apologies to Ethel Waters)

Don't know why
The snark level is so high
Seasoning packets
There are much worse other rackets
Folks snarkin' all the time
The time
Keep snarkin' all the time.

Spice-rack's bare
Not a fresh herb anywhere
Seasoning packets
If there's something that I lack it's
A sense of taste or shame
Or shame
Kirkland vodka's to blame.

I stumble 'round
With a cocktail in hand
Add this and that
Yet my food is still bland
I scream at all the minions under my command
Booze!
Booze!
Booze!
Booze!
I'll have one more drink and then puke in the sink....

Vile meals
Got me high-priced cookbook deals
Seasoning packets
Though I admit I'm a hack it's
Bringin' in the cash
The cash
For my culinary trash....:inavoid: You are a true genius, Nomad!

overedge
07-10-2011, 07:55 PM

Good Lord, why would anyone do that to a poor innocent salmon?