PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD July 6-7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Cheylana
07-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Ryan used Adagio for Strings, by Samuel Barber.

Holley Calmes
07-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Barber should be rolling in his grave.

So tonight we see that Ryan not only had a spot on Glee, but on House as well? With bright orange eye shadow! Good grief, people. This girl doesn't need any help! I didn't want to dislike her originally, but come on. I think she 's moderately pretty, but her dancing is heavy and clunky. She's like a third rate Kayla, whom I detested. I like Ryan better than Kayla, personality wise. But it seems unfair to continue to promote someone who has already had a lot of breaks in show business. She's gone way beyond being Mia's assistant.

Did anyone else see Mia's photo on the cover of "Star" Magaine as one of the worst "beach bodies?" Of COURSE I would never buy one of those rags, but there it was just sitting on the rack at check-out. Mia looked pretty damned hefty. Just an observation with absolutely no relevance to the discussion.

rjblue
07-08-2011, 04:02 AM
I was sooo looking forward to tonights show and then company came and stayed all evening. Was anything worth downloading? At least the boot was pretty much expected.

I am so looking forward to Ryan making the top 10 and then leaving first, just to let the judges know that they can't MAKE us like someone by praising them.

FiveRinger
07-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Honestly, I missed most of the auditions last season, so I didn't know much about Ryan. It shocked the hell out of me when I saw her dance solo and she was so clunky. I kept thinking, this is Mia's assistant?

I think her solo tonight was the worst one she's done yet.

The best thing about Ryan's solo was the music.

All I can think is that if she's Mia's assistant, or was, and she's hooked her up with all of these gigs, can't she go a step further and get her a presentable solo? That was embarrassing.

numbers123
07-08-2011, 04:59 AM
I would guess that Ryan did not have a solo ready to go for any week because she has been convinced with all the experience she has gotten with FOX shows and Mia's assistant that she would never be in the bottom three.

Allen
07-08-2011, 05:10 AM
I would guess that Ryan did not have a solo ready to go for any week because she has been convinced with all the experience she has gotten with FOX shows and Mia's assistant that she would never be in the bottom three.

I can see that. I really doubt Ryan and Ricky thought they were going to be in the bottom after last night. I was sure that Alex and Sasha would be in the bottom based on actual performance.

tarotx
07-08-2011, 05:15 AM
I don't think Ryan has had a solo ready-ever. She improv-ed all of her audition and Vegas solos.

genevieve
07-08-2011, 05:16 AM
This was the longest hour EVER.

I was so glad that Ryan was in the B3, although I was a little nervous for Ricky. Loved their program, am worried that Nigel will think people didn't like the program and won't use Chucky again, though.

Cedar Mill Contemporary Ballet was very nice. :cheer2:

I like Florence + the Machine but it sounded like she was auto-tuned. Either that or she has the most amazing control on her significant vibrato ever.

I really, really hate to say this, but Ryan's was the best solo for the ladies. By far. I'd have gladly sent her home anyway (we've certainly seen the best soloist go home plenty of times), but Ashley's solo was hesitant and just not professional level, and Jordan....well, I'm just glad that Nigel called her out on doing NOTHING but right leg developes in her solos because there was absolutely zero dancing in that "solo". I only wish he had also told her to stop wearing feathers and fringe on her boobs.

Chris showed up ready to fight to stay. I agree with him leaving, but I wish Nigel had at least pretended there was a discussion about it. Tadd's solo was the least engaging - it wasn't bad at all, but I felt like many others did the first week Robert was in the B3. it looked like Tadd knew he wasn't in danger so he just farted around. Pretty classless to go on about how much Travis loves Ricky and can't wait to work with Tadd. :blah:

The first 3 seconds of Ricky's solo was better than everything the other 5 dancers did.
^THIS.

Oh, and screw you, Nigel, for asking Ricky why he & his partner aren't connecting with audiences. IT'S BECAUSE OF RYAN :wall:

Based solely on the DFYL performances, I would definitely send Ryan home because she looked like she was not in control and just messy. Although "home" probably means the soundstage down the hall so she can film the next episode of whichever Fox show she's slated to be in.
:lol:

I also wasn't impressed with Travis telling us what a great judge he was :blah:

Loved the Bollywood piece.

Here's an idea - maybe next week we can have NO contemporary or jazz pieces, and if there's hip hop, it has to be Dave Scott. pleeeeze?

Allen
07-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Here's an idea - maybe next week we can have NO contemporary or jazz pieces, and if there's hip hop, it has to be Dave Scott. pleeeeze?

That's a great idea. I say bring Benji for a West Coast Swing and Dmitry for a Samba. I'd still love it if they could somehow swing getting Kathleen Marshall to do a Broadway routine.

An interesting lineup could be Afro Jazz, West Coast Swing, Samba, Broadway, Bollywood, and Hip Hop.

FiveRinger
07-08-2011, 05:48 AM

I'm right there with you. Where is Wade Robson? He's done some superb routines for the show. Does he know how much we miss him?

genevieve
07-08-2011, 06:27 AM
That's a great idea. I say bring Benji for a West Coast Swing and Dmitry for a Samba.

I really wish they would embrace some of the other past stars for their choreography, not just Travis. Benji has created, what, one piece for the show? And I recall it was totally great. Maybe they don't want to remind people that Travis didn't win his season. and hasn't Dmitry done a couple of pieces for the show? Even if they want to stay on the contemporary/hip hop train - what I wouldn't do for Danny to come back and set a piece :swoon: And I bet Hok or Twitch would come up with something really nuts.

FiveRinger
07-08-2011, 06:36 AM
^^It's a shame, really. They will never promote Benji while pimping Travis since Benji is who Travis lost to.

pollyanna
07-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Ryan can not point toes, stretch legs or move with the music.
And she loses her balance a lot. Nothing like seeing her nearly fall over in almost every one of her performances.

Allen
07-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Here is Benji's West Coast Swing for Sara and Pasha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSV6Pfh_cVs

That was definitely one of the highlights of season 3 for me.

The mentions of Wade made me think of this routine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdElyAGTRv4&feature=related that he did for the season 2 finale. I believe it was his first routine for the show.

genevieve
07-08-2011, 07:24 AM
thanks Allen! That was great :)