PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD July 6-7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

Capella
07-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Last two DFYLs:
Ryan to beautiful adagio music, but it seemed more like she was in the end stage of fatal rabies with all the thrashing and clumping around.

Ricky very pretty stretched movement, although more subdued than he should have been. Might hurt him?

Allen
07-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Wheee, Florence doing Cosmic Love!

my little pony
07-08-2011, 01:46 AM
it is irrational but i resent ryan for having a seizure to matt savoie's music

uyeahu
07-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Okay--Ryan and Ashley need to go. Ashley was another snore and I thought Ryan was having a spasm. She is still falling out of turns and tripping all over herself.

I'd be ok with that. Ricky and Chris FTW!

Allen
I'd rank the girls

1. Ashley
2. Jordan
3. Ryan

Boys

1. Ricky
2. Chris
3. Tadd, which makes me crazy sad because he's one of my favorites.

Rukia
Wow Ryan, way to have no connection to that music. Ugh.

Also I want Matt Savoie back.

uyeahu
07-08-2011, 01:48 AM
it is irrational but i resent ryan for having a seizure to matt savoie's music

Just for the record. I try to rep you almost every time you post but it's always telling me I have to give other people rep first.

PrincessLeppard
07-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Last two DFYLs:
Ryan to beautiful adagio music, but it seemed more like she was in the end stage of fatal rabies with all the thrashing and clumping around.

You know how sometimes young skaters are given a piece of classical music and then just skate however to it? That's what it reminded me of.

Wheee, Florence doing Cosmic Love!

I don't get the love for this band. She sounds like a goat. :slinkaway

Allen
07-08-2011, 01:49 AM

I can see that. I saw them live at Coachella last year and just completely fell in love with them.

uyeahu
07-08-2011, 01:50 AM

Agreed. I'll :slinkaway with you.

Capella
07-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Based solely on the DFYL performances, I would definitely send Ryan home because she looked like she was not in control and just messy. Although "home" probably means the soundstage down the hall so she can film the next episode of whichever Fox show she's slated to be in.

I thought all the guys did great DFYLs. Ricky's was the least "DFYL-y" of the three, although it was still better than what all three girls did.

So post-DFYL eliminations: since I have to pick one of each, I'm going with Ryan because of her errors + Fox factor and Chris because I think overall he's the weakest of the three when you combine all the past performances.

Who I think will be going home: Ashley and Chris.

FiveRinger
07-08-2011, 01:53 AM
You know how sometimes young skaters are given a piece of classical music and then just skate however to it? That's what it reminded me of.

:rflmao. I had to mute my tv. I thought she was calling a herd. Grammy nominated? Really? Surely, you jest.

Matryeshka
Chris knew he was going to be in the bottom--he prepared. :lol: Ashley is good, she's just completely forgettable. Like Ryan, I don't dispute their talent, but I do question their ability to be a lead on a stage.

At least Jordan does something different. I might not like what she does, but I do pay attention to it and I can remember her moves for more than a few sseconds after she finishes.

Ricky is wonderful in his solos, but he disappears in partner work. It might be just that he's paired with Ryan. They should kick her off to be sure--it would be for science.

I just watched all the routines and am all caught, and granted, I'm in the mood for some distraction, but I liked them all. I didn't love any of them, but I liked them all. General impressions: it's a shame what they've done with this very talented cast. Nigel's tinier brain has made a hash of what could have been the best season ever, or one of the best. I liked the new choreographers OK; it sometimes takes them a while to get seasoned.

OnyxRose81
I really like Florence's voice...when she is singing other people's songs. The stuff with the band is goat-y.

I wish they would have the balls to get rid of Ryan. She's dragging Ricky down. She'll never win so just keep Ashley and pair her with Ricky.

FiveRinger
07-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Thank you, Nigel for telling these folks to do a decent solo.